Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is crediting her too much. Like, she is literally some kind of evil genius if she raises money for charity in 2013 then thinks "oooh, time to play the long game" and just...bides her time before setting up a Patreon four years later? If she had that much foresight, she would probably have been far smarter about it.

Honestly, I just think she's thick and tit with money, and her shitness with money is what has led to this mess. She clearly lives from payday to payday, and has never been able to save. She's an impulsive spender, and nothing stays in her bank account more than a couple of days. She's not a brilliant conwoman, she's just someone who can't control her outgoings and whenever she gets a big bill she hops online to rattle the tip jar.
I saw a tweet last night somewhere wanging on about the patreon/PayPal/teemill/Lee Anderson money and asking the Guardian to “Find it” in a very threatening way.

I think I wrote a post like that months ago but as a joke. Basically we/they/whoever can’t find the money. It isn’t squirrelled away. It hasn’t been put in numerous accounts for her to use at a later date for a fantasy life in the sun. It’s been wasted on John Lewis and Cotswold shiny things shite. No one can get it back.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1753419Even more cringe, self-described “apparently” 😂

View attachment 1753420

Also, #Jackmaths
View attachment 1753421
And no, I don’t think “we’ve” established that at all

View attachment 1753423
ETA I hope this wasn’t during her year of “prostitution and stealing food to survive” within her two years of living rough.
View attachment 1753443
Unless she meant to say “stealing food and tin openers to survive”
See I just don’t understand why telling people to use veggie oil on salads rather than olive oil is being held up as a maverick bit of brain blowing innovation. We always had veg oil (& lemon juice) on salads and veg when I was growing up as olive oil is expensive. Loads of people make these substitutions naturally. It’s not new. It’s only for Jacks middle class audience that it’s astounding.

The current trip down Jack Memory Lane as prompted a Jack Memory which made me LOL - do you Frauen remember when she claimed to have chopped down a for sale sign outside her house with an AXE, Jack Nicholson style? And tried to prove it by posting a pic of her holding a saw? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
So do we reckon she's actually turning up in Wales, or will she softly, gently bin it off?
So the options are -
She went last night and is in Cardiff already,
Is painstakingly winging her way there as we speak (bodyguard in tow presumably),
Is making her way to the station and will be late,
Is still in her scratcher practising her voice for when she calls in sick,
Or just won't turn up and will ignore all phonecalls.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
There’s almost always a Donald for Jack.
I just read the first thread, it took hours. Anyway, this reminded me of a post of hers that I did not save, but where she said she should sell the photo of her multicoloured bookcase so that CEOs, MPs and other pretentious people who wanted to look clever could use it. A bit revealing, that.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Thank you! I knew I hadn't imagined it!
I thought she had said something similar in one of her archive blog posts, but now of course I can't find the stupid entry. Something along the lines of she didn't have a child just to let someone else look after him. Which surprised me at the time because it was a very different take on the departure from the fire service saga.
This strikes me as incredibly controlling and.creepy, coming on top of all her other narc behaviours.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I’m fuming the CHC has given her a platform at this conference, choosing a “celebrity” name rather than a home grown activist who would be have knowledge and passion of the subject. I have meat in this game on two fronts - I live in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 so am tuned in the specific issues here plus in the very recent past I was a speechwriter for a gov dept 🔺so I know how much time and effort goes in to prep and writing keynotes and believe me she is not equipped to pull this off in any conceivable way! It’s utterly disgusting for CHC to platform here in this way and I will be making my feelings known on their SM today.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
So do we reckon she's actually turning up in Wales, or will she softly, gently bin it off?
It depends on the pay check, if substantial, it is likely she will brazen it out, however she will probably arrive at least half an hour late.

Reactions: 27
I just know that Jack is the one of those people that when you meet or speak to them you repeat over and over in your head 'Don't ask how they are. Don't ask how they are. Do NOT ask how they are'.
Often people who work in retail will ask “can I help you?”
Jack: He immediately recognised I was in the depths of despair and reached out to offer any and all assistance without a thought for himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I’m fuming the CHC has given her a platform at this conference, choosing a “celebrity” name rather than a home grown activist who would be have knowledge and passion of the subject. I have meat in this game on two fronts - I live in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 so am tuned in the specific issues here plus in the very recent past I was a speechwriter for a gov dept 🔺so I know how much time and effort goes in to prep and writing keynotes and believe me she is not equipped to pull this off in any conceivable way! It’s utterly disgusting for CHC to platform here in this way and I will be making my feelings known on their SM today.
It really is a subject she can't just waffle away about citing her own experiences in a mournful tone for 45 minutes.
She'll need to have researched the specific challenges Wales is facing, what the charitable sector looks like there, Wales specific legislation, unemployment levels etc etc etc.
This is a massive topic. Amazing she was asked and amazing she thought she was the person for it 😬

Reactions: 61
View attachment 1753608

Somehow I think the Cuppa and Chat is going to overrun to 11.45.
It fucks me off so much. Wales has a unique set of features that make inequality rife, and different to a lot of inequality in the UK and particularly the south east of England.

I know they want her audience and her name is a pull but its insulting to have someone who has never even lived in Wales do this keynote, let alone be a panel member. She knows duck all.

Tbh I will be surprised if she turns up mind. But we doubted her for the Bristol one and she still did sooo?

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Jack Monroe Blatant Lies Eleventybillion and duck me, I’ve lost count
71543F12-A3A9-4F70-97BE-2C6287F3C40F.jpeg

BDBE9D02-31EB-400F-9349-F5E2B5CEFBB4.jpeg

And…oopsie oops! (deleted since, of course!)
5DDFCC33-48E8-4422-A83F-3AC98FECF7E1.jpeg

AF5A653E-A547-4F66-AC10-B1AFDC588EBF.jpeg

July 2013
D8C63DFE-8828-4102-9835-E4072C14D490.jpeg

October 2013, Guardian
469B6D58-C229-44F8-9F59-538AE5BE52DA.jpeg

ALSO October 2013, Guardian
026C904A-BB1E-4CE5-B7F8-1E412ADB536C.jpeg

November 2017
22E46EF6-A8B5-42B2-BF39-F668EABBF70C.jpeg

December 2017
021DC46B-6C79-4D4B-A61E-33B8C2131662.jpeg

B26C4C5E-3FDE-40C6-9470-75DD832F1AE6.jpeg

39BEDFD1-DF56-42F3-BA82-D535FE3ED8CC.jpeg

F007D5E4-4977-4E7C-B810-91CADC7C9E2F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.