Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
£297 raised but I can't imagine she completed the 2017 Brighton marathon did she?

JACK MONROE
Jack Monroe is running the Marathon for MIND
19% £297 raised of £1,500 target by 35 supporters
Event: Brighton Marathon 2017, on 9 April 2017

There's some discussion here about her going downhill for 6 months and needing all sorts of disability aids and then a few months later starting running and of course signing up for a marathon with associated fundraiser etc.
Didn’t complete it?
It doesn’t even look like she entered it. Typically, someone who has entered but did not start the race would show as a DNS (did not start) on the results page. Oh, look.
D389B7B8-7868-430F-8E0C-87C4B908284D.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Calculator watch AND apple watch, absolute throbber
I’d love to see her pacing the bungalow trying to complete the bleeping circles.

Anyone who actually cares about fitness watches knows that the battery life on the early ones is tit. She’d be charging that thing every night. So much for using solar lights. Looking forward to catching a glimpse of the new Apple watch Ultra very soon 😏.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
These singing videos- i assumed they were something a clever forensic frau still had a link to but no. Oh no. They're just still left up there on her YouTube for all to see 🤣🤣 shameless

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Didn’t complete it?
It doesn’t even look like she entered it. Typically, someone who has entered but did not start the race would show as a DNS (did not start) on the results page. Oh, look.
View attachment 1753354
Another thing on the long list of things Jack has started and not finished. She’s unbelievable.

Off topic I was up most of the night with an extremely painful shoulder (no idea what I’ve done to it) so decided to get stuck in to the Alice Evans threads. What a ride. And wow, the narc similarities to Jack are strong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Did Jack get the £297 from the marathon? Or do you lose everything if you don't hit target? It would have nicely funded the donation to foodbank after Trussell.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The opening line kills me every damn time!
“Made a meal and threw it up on Sunday!”
😂😂
1.30 on - "I tried to sing on stage...[mumble mumble faux embarrassment]....was invited to sing on stage with Billy Bragg at Glastonbury [humblebrag smirk]......I cocked up one of the biggest opportunities I have ever had in my life.....now I'm not expecting to ever do this for a living......Louis Walsh Pride of Britain humblebrag....grow as a human being cringiness"

How is singing with Billy Bragg your biggest opportunity when your "career" is as a poverty campaigner? She is so angling to be "discovered" in this vid. 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
My theory on Dordrecht is that old Harold googled & found this.
The stare into the camera and smile is pure vomit. Also she really cannot sing.
Let me tell you about the time I had to SELL MY PIANO to buy food for me and my starving child.
Said no pov ever.
Signed someone who grew up with a piano in the house, would love a piano if my house was big enough, doesn’t pretend to be working class.

Reactions: 41
Did Jack get the £297 from the marathon? Or do you lose everything if you don't hit target? It would have nicely funded the donation to foodbank after Trussell.
She won’t have got the money. I imagine it would have gone to Mind (or been refunded to the people who donated if she never ran it).

To be fair to Jack, entering a marathon when (at the time) she had only run a few miles is a big deal and would have required lots from her. Lots of people give up on marathons they have entered or claim they have entered when they have easily run a few 5k or 10ks.

Patreon/remaining Teemill money is a big deal. Jack not running a marathon isn’t.

Reactions: 30
The money goes straight to the charity and never touches the fundraiser's bank account (source: I've done a fair few fundraising events using JustGiving and various other online sponsorship sites).

Depending on the event you usually have an entry fee to pay out of your own pocket, then a minimum amount to fundraise. If you pull out before the event starts, none of it is refundable, although you may be able to transfer your entry to another person or a different event.

Reactions: 24
She won’t have got the money. I imagine it would have gone to Mind (or been refunded to the people who donated if she never ran it).

To be fair to Jack, entering a marathon when (at the time) she had only run a few miles is a big deal and would have required lots from her. Lots of people give up on marathons they have entered or claim they have entered when they have easily run a few 5k or 10ks.

Patreon/remaining Teemill money is a big deal. Jack not running a marathon isn’t.
Agreed.

The marathon thing is just funny because it exposes the lie of how awful her arthritis was, how she was walking on crutches and dragging herself up the stairs, Tinder dates recoiled in horror etc.

Jack has always been motivated primarily by attention-seeking.

Reactions: 50
FA15668B-C7B5-4969-A810-64DC6CA5D442.jpeg
Even more cringe, self-described “apparently” 😂

3C4E3D0E-DB4B-4C8E-8BE5-5A6D32D2AF90.jpeg

Also, #Jackmaths
E1711376-DCAB-4EA5-AA73-DFF625CD94EC.jpeg

And no, I don’t think “we’ve” established that at all

673C1905-34CC-43B2-8240-C3B13364D1EA.jpeg

ETA I hope this wasn’t during her year of “prostitution and stealing food to survive” within her two years of living rough.
FAF673EB-8CEA-4CBB-AA49-43233F077003.jpeg

Unless she meant to say “stealing food and tin openers to survive”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

BIB agree but (and bearing in mind it's early) I think it helps to establish a pattern or methodology to the grifting. I really think Jack's lightbulb moment was when she raised over £1000 for one night of the sleep rough challenge, the way she wrote about it just made me think oh this is where she realised there was mega £££ to it. So run a few justgiving/gofundmes for charity and then pivot it to her own causes using platforms where there's less or (in reality) no accountability i.e. book publishing crowdfunder, "sponsoring" books for charity, tip jar/paypal slush fund, patreon, unfinished projects etc. At a certain point here's enough momentum to validate "she's done so much for others, let's do something for her" and watch the £££ roll in.

Certainly teaching you all to suck eggs here and not my intention, just trying to understand HOW she ended up in this position.
I think I'm going to enquire with justgiving/MIND to see if they received that money in 2017.

ETA and just being realistic there may never be a satisfactory resolution to the patreon/teemill issues so I don't think it's a good idea to just focus on them and disregard other smaller or currently unknown (tying into what @BurgerLaBill said) impropriety.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.