Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Military/Military round the edges is just another one of those things she’s desperate to be/be seen as and isn’t. See also butch. I will lay odds that neither “Lynn of the pins” or Leggy bleeping said that COINCIDENTALLY EXACT SAME THING to her.

View attachment 1751767

Guardian interview, February 2014
View attachment 1751787
Guardian article in June 2019.
View attachment 1751769

Also, back on the subject of the fire service, here’s didn’t happen of the year eleventybillion+1
View attachment 1751821And didn’t happen of the year eleventybillion+2. Yeah, Of course they did.
View attachment 1751822
She’s SO full of utter bleeping nonsense that it’s almost laughable.
Why would she have been the cook if this happened before she was forced to learn to cook by the pov?

Why would her partners all be so surprised and amused that she wore shirts and ties if she had been dressing like a boy and running around in binding with socks down her pants since she was a kid? And why does wearing a shirt and tie make someone butch? Surely you'd have to be going from stepford wife to that for someone to even bother commenting on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This word placement with this pic will never, ever not be inadvertent comedy gold to me
3C867112-AD02-4139-9762-57D45CFAD435.jpeg

Yes, real life In the Wild Jack. You certainly are.
F2B57D78-B02F-4B56-8414-CD3A0887D457.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I know the grifter's business is no longer trading. However, is it possible (educate me, accounting folks) JM could have bought all that expensive shite to make her business/herself more 'tax efficient'? Forgive me, it's early. Makes you think.
I’m self employed and work from home 🔺 I can put things like my desk and office chair through the business but not other furniture. But I don’t have a ‘portfolio 🤮’ career like Jack does. She’d also be able to put through her kitchen equipment and I’d imagine some of the furniture for shoots. My accountant is scrupulously honest and would give me the side eye if I tried to pass more than one laptop/phone/other expensive electronics off as a business expense but she probably puts all of them through.
She shouldn’t be able to claim clothes as a business expense but it wouldn’t surprise me if she does.

I would very much like HMRC to take a very thorough look at her finances.

ETA she will also be able to claim some of her rent and utilities as business expenses.

Reactions: 37
I remember seeing this live 😫

I'm most disturbed by the chicken dish at the end. That chicken looks grey.

Ruth and Eamonn are masters at the non reaction to slop. No natural reaction of mmmm on their faces at all. Pros.
Oh my god this is the first time I’ve seen this and I’m pissing myself. God bless Ruth she is so so polite. All the food looked bleeping dreadful.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She won’t have got the money. I imagine it would have gone to Mind (or been refunded to the people who donated if she never ran it).

To be fair to Jack, entering a marathon when (at the time) she had only run a few miles is a big deal and would have required lots from her. Lots of people give up on marathons they have entered or claim they have entered when they have easily run a few 5k or 10ks.

Patreon/remaining Teemill money is a big deal. Jack not running a marathon isn’t.

I don’t entirely agree with you on this. Those marathon places are given on a minimum fundraising basis. The charity gets allocated a certain amount of places and the target usually around the £1500 mark. Jack not running the marathon cos she realises it’s a “bit hard” means the charity loses £1300k ish (they still get what’s donated to date I think) and someone else loses out on a place running the marathon.

It’s just another example of Jack selfishly starting something she can’t finish. Unless she got injured of course and then…fair dos.

ETA …unless I’ve misunderstood and she got a non charity / standard place? That would be different

Reactions: 35
3C557008-797F-4F66-BA0D-E6D49031C878.png

Seen this on one of the guardian threads last night (Sue Perkins). Didn’t Jack say previously someone was serving prison time for all the horrible things they done, however this says she didn’t actually report him herself.
And I’d love to know to which extent she was involved in the investigation.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
And if it's such terrible pay for basically an 80% chance of death, why be fool enough to do it? Same with the claim that fostering cost him £100,000 out of pocket- why do it? Can you imagine being a foster child seeing all this pony and thinking "poor old Dave has only got a 1 in 5 chance of living long enough to retire, and here am I costing him tens of thousands of pounds and doubling his Council tax when he barely earns enough to survive on and selflessly dedicates his life to me and the other feral children he cares for"?

I can see where the nonsense of 120 hours working weeks for so little remuneration that shower gel, hot water and butter are unaffordable luxuries comes from. Its genetic. If you enjoy feeling like a noble martyr because you altruistically work yourself to death for sixpence , stop whining - or alternatively get a different occupation.
And then you have her Grandpa's 'peppercorn social housing', which appears to have been in a state of significant disrepair when it was sold on https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11477199.check-it-out-the-hotel-with-no-staff/

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Probably already addressed but her spat with her brother has as many different versions as all her other stories.
Sometimes it happened at Christmas, sometimes it was at a family wedding. Sometimes he says 'it's all your fault that you're poor' and sometimes 'should've kept your legs shut'. (Please don't confuse this with the time she claims Michael Portillo told her the same thing, especially as this incident was recorded and there is proof he said no such thing. )
In all versions Jack claims she punched her brother. Although sometimes this is reported as being a slap.
Sometimes he falls over as a result of the assault and sometimes he just runs off embarrassed.
In all versions Jack ends with 'needless to say, I had the last laugh'
Why does she think people find it so shocking that a 22 (?) year old has a kid that they're lining up to humiliate her about it? And if she grew up poor why would her brother say it was her fault she is poor?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
So do we reckon she's actually turning up in Wales, or will she softly, gently bin it off?

• Haha
BIB agree but (and bearing in mind it's early) I think it helps to establish a pattern or methodology to the grifting. I really think Jack's lightbulb moment was when she raised over £1000 for one night of the sleep rough challenge, the way she wrote about it just made me think oh this is where she realised there was mega £££ to it. So run a few justgiving/gofundmes for charity and then pivot it to her own causes using platforms where there's less or (in reality) no accountability i.e. book publishing crowdfunder, "sponsoring" books for charity, tip jar/paypal slush fund, patreon, unfinished projects etc. At a certain point here's enough momentum to validate "she's done so much for others, let's do something for her" and watch the £££ roll in.

Certainly teaching you all to suck eggs here and not my intention, just trying to understand HOW she ended up in this position.
I think I'm going to enquire with justgiving/MIND to see if they received that money in 2017.

ETA and just being realistic there may never be a satisfactory resolution to the patreon/teemill issues so I don't think it's a good idea to just focus on them and disregard other smaller or currently unknown (tying into what @BurgerLaBill said) impropriety.
She was on the beg for lovely, lovely casho with some “for charidee” from her very, very earliest days of posting. Amazing FORENSIC @colouredlines deep dive here. This was in summer 2012. It’s long, long established.
Not to forget the late 2012-established craft business where all profits were going to charidee
0FE39072-E556-45A6-AF23-2B5020C41B84.jpeg

(except that they clearly were not, as this “feeding the homeless” was a one and done and she describes this business in multiple places elsewhere as her income) and getting the £ paid direct into her PayPal rather than doing properly.
A8EC89D2-96E6-41D9-AFFC-84BBC98B6BFD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
I thought if the target wasn’t reached and the person didn’t run, the money would have been refunded to the sponsors, no?
No. I once had to pull out of an event, sponsorship is non-refundable. I was worried sick because I'd raised over £1,000 and as soon as I realised that none of it was refundable I offered everyone refunds out of my own pocket. Fortunately nobody took me up on it.

• Heart
  • Wow
BIB agree but (and bearing in mind it's early) I think it helps to establish a pattern or methodology to the grifting. I really think Jack's lightbulb moment was when she raised over £1000 for one night of the sleep rough challenge, the way she wrote about it just made me think oh this is where she realised there was mega £££ to it. So run a few justgiving/gofundmes for charity and then pivot it to her own causes using platforms where there's less or (in reality) no accountability i.e. book publishing crowdfunder, "sponsoring" books for charity, tip jar/paypal slush fund, patreon, unfinished projects etc. At a certain point here's enough momentum to validate "she's done so much for others, let's do something for her" and watch the £££ roll in.

Certainly teaching you all to suck eggs here and not my intention, just trying to understand HOW she ended up in this position.
I think I'm going to enquire with justgiving/MIND to see if they received that money in 2017.

ETA and just being realistic there may never be a satisfactory resolution to the patreon/teemill issues so I don't think it's a good idea to just focus on them and disregard other smaller or currently unknown (tying into what @BurgerLaBill said) impropriety.
I think this is crediting her too much. Like, she is literally some kind of evil genius if she raises money for charity in 2013 then thinks "oooh, time to play the long game" and just...bides her time before setting up a Patreon four years later? If she had that much foresight, she would probably have been far smarter about it.

Honestly, I just think she's thick and tit with money, and her shitness with money is what has led to this mess. She clearly lives from payday to payday, and has never been able to save. She's an impulsive spender, and nothing stays in her bank account more than a couple of days. She's not a brilliant conwoman, she's just someone who can't control her outgoings and whenever she gets a big bill she hops online to rattle the tip jar.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
View attachment 1753461
Seen this on one of the guardian threads last night (Sue Perkins). Didn’t Jack say previously someone was serving prison time for all the horrible things they done, however this says she didn’t actually report him herself.
And I’d love to know to which extent she was involved in the investigation.
Joshua Bonehill did time for anti Semitic harassment of Luciana Berger. Jack Monroe got a few tweets possibly from him. While Monroe likes to make herself the main character, she wasn’t. The tweets may not have even been from him

Reactions: 31
I’m self employed and work from home 🔺 I can put things like my desk and office chair through the business but not other furniture. But I don’t have a ‘portfolio 🤮’ career like Jack does. She’d also be able to put through her kitchen equipment and I’d imagine some of the furniture for shoots. My accountant is scrupulously honest and would give me the side eye if I tried to pass more than one laptop/phone/other expensive electronics off as a business expense but she probably puts all of them through.
She shouldn’t be able to claim clothes as a business expense but it wouldn’t surprise me if she does.

I would very much like HMRC to take a very thorough look at her finances.

ETA she will also be able to claim some of her rent and utilities as business expenses.
I'm convinced she'll put EVERYTHING through as business expenses, kind of reminds me of how BD talked about fostering, essentially thinking it was an all-expenses paid deal.
Despite issues with the bootstrap business I think she's well up on all the little tricks and tactics and then probably some more besides, I think a lot of the pixie ADHD can't open brown envelopes or check my emails schtick is a smokescreen to conceal how conniving she really is. SHAN'T pay suppliers if you don't open the invoices.
The (94%) rent and utilities thing is particularly interesting as a layfrau, with narcs there's always a reason why they bang on about something, even if it's just that release of tension from doing something deceitful.
Like why she is so adament about saying she works 90 hour weeks and 'destroys' things in the course of her work, buys two of everything and on and on.
Even stuff like if furniture counts for photography or whatever then why not spend hours endlessly humping the furniture around the bungalow so every piece ends up photographed online 🕵️‍♂️
Makes you think.

Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.