Jack Monroe #429 Jack, please stop pretending to have friends. It's embarrassing for all of us.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope she's not moving to Scotland. The "paint it tartan" got my Jackalert tingling!

It might explain why she won't know for a few weeks... Different system of buying here, I think. Or maybe still sorting out her Scottish Passport
Nope nope no bleeping way

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Landlords/ladies don’t let you paint ever vs I’m moving to a new rental that I haven’t arranged yet and I will DEFINITELY be allowed to paint it a variety of colours.

I mean WTF is she on about.
She's got herself into a terrible pickle again hasn't she?! It's great!

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I think I might get a "I nearly killed Jack Monroe" t-shirt made by way of celebration.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I’ve just had a thought - her ‘mental relapse’ was caused by the Slopalong wasn’t it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
She's got herself into a terrible pickle again hasn't she?! It's great!
and avoiding this one would have been so easy, all she had to do is not talk about paint on twitter! if only she had an IRL friend who is interested in talking about paint…like, i don’t know, a paint shop owner 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Is she saying she had to ask the landlady’s permission to paint something white? How the duck would she know?
I lived in a rental with pink walls. We found a tin of it in the shed and when we left we used it to cover some marks. We didn’t ask permission or anything.
Has her landlady got cameras inside or something.

Good tenants. I mean ones who don’t wilfully damage the property knocking shed windows out etc. are usually allowed to paint especially if they are long term tenants.
Have lovely long term tenants. Can confirm. Will buy them the paint. Not my home, why should I care what colour the walls are?

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Hi friends, long time reader but first time poster!
The most recent tweet stating all of the issues in Jack’s current house has tipped me over the edge. Jack is a friend of a friend of sorts and my partner was in their house not too long ago and I can confirm that it is super lovely and not even remotely as described ie there is no mould, no holes in carpet, and no door falling apart!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 222
She gives herself away though - talking about the "new owner of the new one" rather than "the owner of the new one" or "the landlord of the new place" or even just "my new landlord".
Makes it seem like the ‘landlord’ is her dad, as we’d suspected….

I cannot bloody stand the hundreds of tweets she’s shitting out today about HOW VERY UNWELL she has been.
it’s guilt Jack, guilt. And it won’t go away until you own up to it all.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 87
Have lovely long term tenants. Can confirm. Will buy them the paint. Not my home, why should I care what colour the walls are?
I can see why a landlord might be reluctant to let some goth students paint the walls black but I imagine a polite request from a good tenant who is going to take care of the house shouldn’t be an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Hi friends, long time reader but first time poster!
The most recent tweet stating all of the issues in Jack’s current house has tipped me over the edge. Jack is a friend of a friend of sorts and my partner was in their house not too long ago and I can confirm that it is super lovely and not even remotely as described ie there is no mould, no holes in carpet, and no door falling apart!
Is your partner a tree surgeon?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
This is not how renting works. You get accepted or you don’t. She doesn’t have a steady income, has a cat and a massive dog and rentals are like hen’s teeth at the moment.

There’s no way anyone is going to want to rent to her.

Jumping back several pages (reverse grunking?) I googled the screenshot that @Yel posted as I hadn’t read this before. It’s hilarious. Jack is so incompetent

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Yeah if I got a call from the Daily Mail asking for my response to a planned expose of my lies, I’d be very tempted to turn off my phone and disappear too.

• Haha
Reactions: 94
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.