Jack Monroe #428 Hold me closer, tiny grifter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she given up on the pretence that the crappy bungalow is actually a bungalow, or just forgotten?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Does Jack understand that everything written about her that 1) she doesn't like or 2) isn't entirely accurate doesn't necessarily rise to the level of libel? Damn, gurl, you got lucky once. Don't tempt Dame Justice to smack your ass down.

If the man is keeping you down, then you don't ever have to examine the depths of your own soul for flaws. As for reading adult books, I turn to A Fish Called Wanda:
Wanda: But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
Otto: [superior smile] Apes don't read philosophy.
Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it.
My favorite line from that is 'duck off pigs', works on grifters too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Idk if this is a niche reference but when you’re going through Rightmove a lot of properties are probate or PoA and have the expected tell tell signs, but then some of them have this weird creepy off vibe and it’s all a bit strange cos there’s so much stuff so someone’s living here but also at the same time surely no one could actually live here with such visible dilapidation then you scroll down to the copy and it’s an auction only ✨investment opportunity✨ because of severe structural problems and the house comes with all the tit tatty furniture to boot? It’s giving urban explorer forums content.
Omg sorry to quote self but have found the perfect example to illustrate this vibe -

Like grey gardens vibes? Just creepy af.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I don't look like anyone famous, the closest I can get is a drunk bloke telling me I looked like Angelina Jolie in Gone in 60 seconds. Impressive beer goggles, my dude.
I assumed Susan would stand in for you in shadow. And Justin Trudeau as voice over, or Celine Dion whoever is available

• Haha
Reactions: 27
That bookcase is my aneurysm. What philistine sorts their books by cover colour? Just helped my dear SiL shelve 20 of about 40 boxes of books into her new house today, we shelved them by author, subject, read, to read. Anything but colour!
Absolutely. Fiction by author, then non-fiction by subject, each sorted by size. Separate bookcase for H.G. Wells, as he's a mixture of fiction, non-fiction, and biographies and critical works, etc. relating to him. Mrs Everytown thinks it's a mess, but I can usually locate any given book in seconds.

Sorting by spine colour is for pubs, furniture stores, and photo-shoots.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I think the pis is of her. She is an smol pixie after all.
I do like your spelling mistake or auto🥕, dearest - it's so fitting!😁

I can't get over all the gaudy fake flowers stuck all over that poor tree.:oops: I wonder what it did to deserve that? It looks like Oscar the Grouch has vomited his smol pixie slop trash can dinner all over it!:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Omg sorry to quote self but have found the perfect example to illustrate this vibe -

Omg it's frozen in time like some of those historical old houses that urban explorers film.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

The Farmhouse That Time Forgot. The fact that the armchairs in the kitchen(!) are facing the cooker and the range, rather than the <squints> portable TV/VHS combi in the window sill! Also well-impressed with the size of that clothes airing rail.

Reactions: 33
Not caught up as just come in from dinner out and thank the lord Jack has updated her days sober. Thankyou for all that you do 🙏🏼 Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Really? I regularly announce on social media that I’m was ‘GIFTED AND TALENTED, DON’CHA KNOW?!’ It forms a major part of my 37 year old identity! My ability to read words on a page is still far, far superior to the average human’s 😇
It must be so tough to peak as a 7-year-old. Poor Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.