Jack Monroe #428 Hold me closer, tiny grifter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The passport bit is particularly stupid. What does she imagine the cashier will say "I'm sorry but unless you show ID, you cannot put the booze back as approaching the checkout with it is an unbreakable commitment"? Then all the staff gather chanting "DRINK, DRINK, DRINK" and make her down the bottle in one.

Reactions: 69
Do not worry, dear heart. The 1 bed flat will have a secret second bedroom, of that I am sure.

Reactions: 38
Do not worry, dear heart. The 1 bed flat will have a secret second bedroom, of that I am sure.
And a secret shed in the back yard, and a secret library, and a secret set of stairs with a landing that is perfect for a small work-at-home office, etc etc

Reactions: 39
Or have seen her social media & became worried they would be paid in lightbulbs

Or have seen her social media & became worried they would be paid in used lightbulbs

Reactions: 20
Cashiers feature in her stories a lot don’t they? Is that because they are the only poors she has to interact with?

Reactions: 56
Impressed with the Fortnum's hamper - twice the size of the one we found in a neighbouring street the other week (empty, obviously).
It's about 25 times the size of the one I got recently for a five year work anniversary - I feel I should be complaining to my HR department!

Reactions: 33
Cashiers feature in her stories a lot don’t they? Is that because they are the only poors she has to interact with?
Didn't she get followed by a security guard in Asda once or have I started making up Jack stories? I have a vague recollection of something like that, in Jack's version it was because she's a common whore but in reality it might have been her creepy habit of staring at staff she feels have wronged her.

Reactions: 45
That bookcase is my aneurysm. What philistine sorts their books by cover colour? Just helped my dear SiL shelve 20 of about 40 boxes of books into her new house today, we shelved them by author, subject, read, to read. Anything but colour!

Reactions: 46
There was a "library" of donated books at the social club when I was 8/9/10. So I mostly read Readers' Digest, Agatha Christie, Barbara Cartland, Jean Plaidy, some random Westerns, and Jaws.

Reactions: 39
Late to the party but for the Netflix doc I would go all thrifty and wear my court outfit.
#scamsandwichhacks
...and dress up as a giant sandwich.

Reactions: 25
That bookcase is my aneurysm. What philistine sorts their books by cover colour? Just helped my dear SiL shelve 20 of about 40 boxes of books into her new house today, we shelved them by author, subject, read, to read. Anything but colour!
Ahem. That is called "rainbowising" and is pushed heavily by the shrieking ladies who star in The Home Edit on Netflix.

And now if she uses the self-serve checkout she won't have to interact with them at all! (except in the stories she makes up)

Reactions: 27
Late to the party but for the Netflix doc I would go all thrifty and wear my court outfit.
#scamsandwichhacks
...and dress up as a giant sandwich.
Ooh I think I’d like to play the part of the sadly sold dinosaur toy in one of those big inflatable t-Rex costumes

Reactions: 43
When Jack moved in 2012, she was thrilled: https://web.archive.org/web/2012101...djack.com/2012/10/08/moving-house-in-a-yaris/

When Jack moved in 2014 (first time) she was thrilled: https://web.archive.org/web/2014010...other-hall-and-another-hall-and-another-hall/

When Jack moved in 2015 she was thrilled:

When Jack moved in 2016 she was...you get the gist:

2018:

2019:

Sorry, I should really have put a trigger warning on all those ghastly traumatic processes.

Reactions: 93
"Another suitcase in another hall" - wasn't that the phrase she used to announce the departure of OH? Really weird seeing it here used in the context of being overjoyed to move in to the Shitty Bungalow together with LJC.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.