Jack Monroe #428 Hold me closer, tiny grifter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not saying this didn’t happen but if it did then it makes absolutely no sense other than to be a performative, pathetic nonsense. Why would you get all the way to the cashier with the booze you desperately want then tell them silently not to serve you? Just put the bottles back on the shelf yourself, you utter goon.
Yes. Exactly this. It’s one of her most pathetic bullshit lies ever-if you lacked the self control not to put bottles in your basket or trolley then why would you suddenly recover it to hand over a passport with a bleeping note in it? I genuinely cannot believe anyone buys this utter crap.
Also, imagine if everyone did this? Bottles piling up & already busy staff spending all day reading silly notes & putting bottles back and passports with notes getting flashed. Ridiculous

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Yes. Exactly this. It’s one of her most pathetic bullshit lies ever-if you lacked the self control not to put bottles in your basket or trolley then why would you suddenly recover it to hand over a passport with a bleeping note in it? I genuinely cannot believe anyone buys this utter crap.
Also, imagine if everyone did this? Bottles piling up & already busy staff spending all day reading silly notes & putting bottles back and passports with notes getting flashed. Ridiculous
Was she implying that she gets age verified all the time as she is such a smol pixie. So when she showed her passport they would see the note.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Was she implying that she gets age verified all the time as she is such a smol pixie. So when she showed her passport they would see the note.
Ah maybe. No way would anyone with eyes think Jack was under 18 tho-even if she could barely see over the counter, being so titchy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Really? I regularly announce on social media that I’m was ‘GIFTED AND TALENTED, DON’CHA KNOW?!’ It forms a major part of my 37 year old identity! My ability to read words on a page is still far, far superior to the average human’s 😇
Don'cha wish your girlfriend was hot GIFTED AND TALENTED like me 🔥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't look like anyone famous, the closest I can get is a drunk bloke telling me I looked like Angelina Jolie in Gone in 60 seconds. Impressive beer goggles, my dude.
And on that note I would like to be played in the Netflix by Victoria Principal from her Pam Ewing days as someone with very poor eyesight once told me I looked like her in my many years ago youth x

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m just confused how she’s a struggling alcoholic yet she’s also a super sponsor meeting up with her charges in a coffee shop run by a dog groomer drinking frothy (hairy?) coffees whilst also being too poor to wash her hair (whilst simultaneously having new hair styles and colours).

At this point its not even a few fibs it’s a literal fabricated existence where she says what she thinks people want to hear to get her the most sympathy, attention, and most importantly, money.

And moving into a 1 bed flat with a soon to be teenager? Right. I mean, it’s dedication to the cosplay if she does, because WHAT a comedown. HOW can she be this tit with money with all this free cash coming in? Like, unnecessary designer crap aside I think most of us actually have it better than Jack at this point (a house with at least enough bedrooms, no CCJs, a car maybe, no-one accusing us of fraud?!)

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Ah maybe. No way would anyone with eyes think Jack was under 18 tho-even if she could barely see over the counter, being so titchy.
It's "think 25" though. I was last IDed when I was 36 and they do not hand over the goods until you supply id #humblebrag

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Anyone ever seen any friends at Jack's Putinesque dining table? Or was it just a film set for her quickly disbanded cooking show projects?
They must be the dozens of friends who help her out every time she moves and bring her curries when she gets hungry. (in other words, imaginary)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don't look like anyone famous, the closest I can get is a drunk bloke telling me I looked like Angelina Jolie in Gone in 60 seconds. Impressive beer goggles, my dude.
I picked Spike... I'm a 40ish old woman - you pick whoever you want tender one! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I wish I’d kept a list of people she’d threatened to sue along the way. Disappointed in myself now.

I was also a ‘free reader’ in primary at school AND the library. But there was duck all to read as advanced reader as there was no teen fiction. Just kids books and adults book.
Had to wait until I discovered Stephen King in secondary for something to read again.
Oh goodness, that's triggered so many memories. In the last year of primary school my teacher had a stash of "proper" fiction, so those of us who had exhausted the school library were able to get stuck into Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. But my secondary school didn't have much fiction, and I was far too awkward and self-conscious to go to the "teen" section of the public library when I wasn't yet a teenager.

So I started on my parents' bookcase - George Orwell's '1984', Philip Larkin's 'A Girl in Winter', a William Golding novel about a sea voyage filled with bullying and buggery, Sylvia Pankhurst's memoir. Too much, too soon for a fairly sheltered 11 year old.

Discovering Stephen King a few years later re-kindled my love of reading - I remember feigning illness one Monday because I hadn't quite finished 'The Stand' over the weekend. And it was sweetness and light compared to my parents' books...

If Jack was seen as being precocious - labelled as gifted, then pushed too hard - I could well imagine her having a similar sort of experience. I wonder if that might be part of what caused her to go off the rails as a teenager?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.