Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you might be right. Honestly, there's no way that shop took £11,000 in two days. It would just be like Jack to go boasting without checking and rather than own up and explain, end up handing over "her" Patreon funds to save face, then try and claw back "her" money from the Teemill shop. It would certainly explain the rage and subsequent shifty behaviour.
Oooooohhhhh.....I think that is what has happened here....🤦🤦😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is there a link?

ETA: Yes there is, in the wiki. Soz! ETA again: perhaps that's not the one. I'll google as advised :D ETA: it was the one, but somehow I ended up at a wrong one. I'm doing a CHAOS. But the below is it as per the wiki.

Total Tory vibes there with that accent. She really does morph into her prey.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
[IMG alt="MancBee"]https://media3.tattle.life/data/avatars/m/71/71735.jpg?1628094795[/IMG]
MancBee
VIP Member

Sep 5, 2020

duck me sideways, you lot are amazing. Nothing gets past this Cabal.

That is definitely the fish pie, the description on the pack is almost word perfect on her post, the piped topping is the final giveaway. It even mentions the Red Leicester!

Reactions:Lorelei, Incywincy, Babysnark and 46 others

I think it might have been me (bows to the cabal ). thread #69 😂 One of my first posts! Wasn’t there also a tapas/greek meal can’t remember which where some of the recipes looked like Co op ready meals?
Yes. She had the cajones to present an entire meze as her own work, right down to the 'homemade ' dolmades from her personal supply of vine leaves. It was hilarious.
And who can forget the Aunt Bessie's? The perfectly matching and well cooked yorkies. She obviously forgot that we've actually seen her attempt at cooking Yorkshire pudding.
Remember kids, if a JM dinner looks nice it is from a packet. Although this rule doesn't apply to her trifle which was out of a packet and looked grim.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
We could do with a fake recipe gallery, I feel like having them all laid out would be shocking

View attachment 1703538 View attachment 1703540

She even has a Bobo/Barnaby 🤣

View attachment 1703550
I know the point here is that she passed the fish pie off as her own, but I honestly find the use of “cheeky ‘lil” a far more egregious crime. Why is it cheeky? It’s a bleeping fish pie, I hate the use of cheeky before any food or drink item, but at least when people use it with junk food or alcohol it has a context. This is a fish pie, for her son’s tea, it’s a perfectly normal thing people cook and eat every day, it is not, in any way, cheeky. It’s also not “lil”, or even particularly little. Twee Jack grates my mushrooms.

And BTW, any chance we could spoilerfisting ? The word makes me cross my legs so fast it scares the dog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
🖼 🎵 💐 Creative Interlude 💐 🎵 🖼
(technically it’s allegedly a song but as she hasn’t provided the Music, we’ll be treating the Lyrics as a poem. About a girl with a “middle class voice” who bought and owned a lot of tit.

View attachment 1702995View attachment 1702997View attachment 1702998
This is HILARIOUS, and especially hilarious knowing how she used to hang around a couple of music venues and other creative places with an air of desperation 😂
I wish she’d had the balls to get up at an open mic night and sing some of her original material, it would have been remembered forever, but not in a good way. Southenders have got some standards.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
A lovely song about a girl with a middle class voice. Funny that!
Can you imagine writing a song that’s basically “Did You See Me On The Telly Last Night” and guilting anyone who didn’t

She'd have to be honest about what she's done and make a genuine effort to make amends to stand any chance at all and I don't think she's capable of that. The other problem she's got is that she has no talent, if she were a really good cook, writer and/or presenter people would be more keen to welcome her back after a period out the limelight because they enjoy her work. She might be able to cling on to some sort of living from a small band of stans and people who've forgotten to cancel their payments for a while longer yet, she might even get the odd media gig simply by being available at short notice but overall I think she's finished.
It’s interesting that last week Fraus were helpfully suggesting ways that Jack could conceivably turn this round - and that this week she tried those methods and THEY FAILED.

The old tricks of distraction (Viennetta) were mocked. She went for the unprecedented apology about Patreon, which was seen as self-serving and incomplete. She followed up with an unprecedented explanation about Teemill, which was seen as suspect, implausible and based on dodgy proof.

Then any benefit from these efforts was blown away because it was so immediately clear, when she couldn’t wait more than 24 hours to announce GRIFTY KITCHEN, that it was a cynical clean-up effort.

She was unable to properly and fully admit her mistakes. She’s shot that chance now. She can’t even apologise any more because her recent apologies have been halfhearted, opportunist and bogus and any attempt to do so in future will be judged in the same way.

Her reputation management efforts have flopped. She is seriously running out of options.

Its all going a bit to shot for her at the minute.
I enjoyed this squig

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I know the point here is that she passed the fish pie off as her own, but I honestly find the use of “cheeky ‘lil” a far more egregious crime. Why is it cheeky? It’s a bleeping fish pie, I hate the use of cheeky before any food or drink item, but at least when people use it with junk food or alcohol it has a context. This is a fish pie, for her son’s tea, it’s a perfectly normal thing people cook and eat every day, it is not, in any way, cheeky. It’s also not “lil”, or even particularly little. Twee Jack grates my mushrooms.

And BTW, any chance we could spoilerfisting ? The word makes me cross my legs so fast it scares the dog.
I think she's called it "cheeky" because it's bought but presented as homemade. And yes, the whole post is very cleverly giving the impression that she sooo casually cooked it, while admitting that it's bought, and that her son was amused by it being decanted from the cardboard tray into a fancy-pants dish,

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Did anybody see the girl on the settee?
She's eating Maoams, wolfing them down.
She's supposed to be working but she's watching The Crown.

It's good writing songs about yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
I wonder if Jack served Mary Portas a selection of ready meals at the famous dinner she cooked for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
My FIL thinks I'm "distracted" today as i am watching this forum closely, watching tv in the background ( The good nurse) , reading a book (Matthew Perry autobiography) taking phone calls (work stuff) and ordering stuff for the business online (Amazon).

I've threatened that if he doesn't duck off if he wants me to die, that I'll make him eat shakshuka and see what he thinks then. Should also add, I work for him and have told him to go have a piss and a sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
She's eating Maoams, wolfing them down.
She's supposed to be working but she's watching The Crown.

It's good writing songs about yourself.
Did anyone see the man at his desk?
He was hooting and fizzing and being a pest
He laughed so much, he had a cardiac arrest

• Haha
Reactions: 67
She's obsessed with stuff.
I won't lie, I think the whole thing would have benefitted from a verse about her chesterfield and Royal Doulton with the hand-printed blue periwinkles.

Sellin' my Doulton out on the BOULEVAAAARD of austerity
No place to call hooooome
Thanks to the eeeevil toooories

• Haha
Reactions: 45
He was hooting and fizzing and being a pest
He laughed so much, he had a cardiac arrest
Did anybody see the woman on eBay?
Bidding for a fake fur coat when she's supposed to work
Did anybody see the woman on eBay?
Doesn't mind slacking off cuz her boss is a jerk

I hate to break it to you, Jack: you are not as profound as you like to think

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Fake recipe gallery would be fantastic.

Is that just for the finished products?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.