Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anybody see the woman on eBay?
Bidding for a fake fur coat when she's supposed to work
Doesn't mind slacking off cuz her boss is a jerk

I hate to break it to you, Jack: you are not as profound as you like to think
Did you see the girl on the sofa?
You might have called her a loafer
Browsin on tattle

I should have done a different thing send rhymoes I am jet lagged

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Bidding for a fake fur coat when she's supposed to work
Doesn't mind slacking off cuz her boss is a jerk

I hate to break it to you, Jack: you are not as profound as you like to think
Did anybody see the girl in the kebab shop?
Looking for something that’s not her own slop
Patreon day, she’s got money to drop
Mithering about snogging like a 12 year old child
Titting about, accounts unreconciled

Yeah Jack, deep as a puddle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
My search skills are useless but my memory is not too bad. I think this is the pie she tried to pass off as her own.
duck me that’s taken me back to my pre-child skint days, when I lived off these. I’d eat them with
Gravy
Am I Jack?!

I’ve mentioned before that my middle child is getting to be rather decent in the kitchen, and how confused she was by Conroe’s recipes, so she won’t do the Slopalong, however, my eldest teen states she is too scared of making horrible looking, horrible tasting food to even try, so I figure if I tell her it’s meant to be both, then maybe she’d have a crack at it with me?!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Fake recipe gallery would be fantastic.

Is that just for the finished products?
Quoting myself like a ninnie but I am like Jack, I have no shame

I've spent the last few minutes screenshotting the food photos from her first book so if I label each one as to what it allegedly should look like according to the book.

And then..... what it actually looks like when the canal does it, bearing in mind that the first book especially will have had food stylists and advisors to make it look as good as possible.

Can anyone set up a way to do a fake recipe gallery? Bows to more technical frauds

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I feel for that Patreon squig. As is always the case with Jack......sound and fury signifying nothing.

These aren't the actions of a woman feeling incredibly guilty about what she's doing.

Deeds, not words. Still taking money, still providing nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I feel for that Patreon squig. As is always the case with Jack......sound and fury signifying nothing.

These aren't the actions of a woman feeling incredibly guilty about what she's doing.

Deeds, not words. Still taking money, still providing nothing.
She's so pathetic, she'll be getting off on the power withholding the refund gives her.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
She's so pathetic, she'll be getting off on the power withholding the refund gives her.
Especially pathetic when we know that particular refund is only £20 + VAT. Good job that squig isn't bothered by her or desperate for the cash. But according to Jack that's a week's shop for a family.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Yes, so obvious that despite her ‘oops, I accidentally fell into the spotlight’, Jack’s always been desperate for recognition and fame. Remember all that stuff about SB being impressed she’d met Brian May? That’s why she’s done all the singing and poetry guff, I bet she’s secretly livid that it was cooking cheap tit that ended up being her thing. And didn’t she try out for some singing thing like Britain’s got talent? We should be grateful that didn’t work out, imagine that ego if she’d become a star? Like Elton‘s diva style crossed with Matt Goss’ philosophical musings & Shakin’ Steven’s talent (sorry ss, bit harsh).
I agree, she’s always been desperate for fame, and especially the approval of famous people. It’s kind of embarrassing. You can see it when she’s been photographed with well-known people at awards etc., she’s grinning from ear to ear like she’s utterly deranged. She acted like a love-struck schoolgirl when she interviewed Marcus Rashford, which was pretty unprofessional - no wonder he looked so uncomfortable.
Which makes it all the more interesting that the blue ticks appear to have pulled away. Her sad photo at the Food Hero award thing, the fact that Jay Rayner and Nigel Slater clearly didn’t give permission for their endorsement to be used on the latest book. I really do think it’s over for her. It’s not just Teemill and Patreon, or even her dodgy tax history, it’s everything. And even the blue-ticks can’t unsee it.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
In relation to that squig asking for advice as she can't afford to eat. The harm she does is just shocking and her fans are seriously out of touch. How is eating 8 meals a day going to help this person if she can't afford lunch? How is recommending Jack's recipes the solution if it's just as inadequate as what this woman can already afford. Jack should be putting her hands up and saying it's impossible then using her platform to campaign for actual change. But instead she enables the tory viewpoints and her own fans parrot it back.

Good afternoon dear hearts.

Muesli Bar Lunch squig works part-time so it's not surprising she doesn't earn much.

20k followers and a buy me a coffee link. Since her tweet (and at the time of me posting this) she has had at least 48 coffees bought for her at £5 each so that went quite well. She's also recently crowfunded £5,145 to pay for her training course as a dyslexia assessor (course cost stated as £4,720).

I'm seriously tempted to join that Slopalong. I was going to go for Feisty Soup as I love noodles and prawns (as per the photo in the Guardian). Then I read the ingredients and there are zero noodles or prawns. What are you playing at, Guardian - absolute arsewipes.

1667574713747.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I had to depart F&D ages ago cos it’s just too much to follow everything. I think I will now be fired as there are 2 Jack threads to follow.
I'm the same with Alice Evans - just couldn't keep up and was getting more depressing than funny. Now I just go to Jack and Mario.

Reactions: 24
Browsin on tattle

Keep wanting to sing these to the tune of Losing My Religion

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Did anyone see the man on the train?
He was laughing out loud and being a pain.
Did anyone see the man on the train?
He's reading about Jack on Tattle again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Two things that will always make me laugh

1. I have to look under bloggers for the latest thread. Especially given her website in stuck in 2018. But where else would we put her? Certainly not a guru. Or a celebrity. Is there a category for the perpetually useless?

2. The use of WARNED.
Tattle deffo needs a 'Twits' section for Russ in Cheshire and the like

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Browsin on tattle

Did anyone see that old woman in Slough,

She made Jackslop for lunch and she’s nauseous right now.

Did anyone see that old woman in Slough.

Praying for loos on the train, they’ll endow! 🚽🚾🚻🧻

(Spoiler:- I’m on the GWR from Slough to Paddington 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.