Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have hit the nail right on the head there.

I pushed the boat out & got some brisket as family coming today & turned on my (electric) oven in readiness to pop in.

Took one look at the power usage on my smartmeter - which I only got in June, so this is the 1st time I've been aware of what I'm using.

Was horrified & switched it off. Am cooking the meat on the (gas) hob instead, but have worried about how much that will cost too.

Am now seriously rethinking what to cook in the future. Its terrifying.
If you can, buy a cheap slow cooker, and use that, it's great for brisket that needs long slow cooking.

If you are over 65, or getting certain benefits Salford council have had a scheme where you could claim a free slow cooker or an electric blanket so if you fit either of those categories it may be worth checkinf if they are offering something similar where you live.

I ordered one of those and was reluctantly forced to send it back because we have no space for it 😞 they're huuuge!!
I've got an ninja XL grill and they are huge, but I use it all the time, cooked a full roast dinner in it (apart from the mash and peas) and it's much cheaper and quicker than using the oven.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thats one of the things I noticed with some of them, they can have a large footprint, and we have a smallish kitchen. I'm currently on the hunt for a pressure cooker/multi cooker, so if anyone has any specific brand recs I'd be most grateful 😊
Lakeland do an good little multicooker. Its their own brand. We had it before the ninja. Its quite compact but does great food.

Reactions: 18
Maybe she’s nipped in to see her friends in the ICU.
Reflecting on the period of time where Jack has remained silent on the charities that received money from Teemill.
During the summer Jack donated, IIRC, £78 to a fellow grifter who was crowdfunding for her sons school uniforms. She also donated £270 to a crowdfund for a disabled guy in Edinburgh to buy his first house (he’s still receiving donations as recent as yesterday!).
I wonder if she used the Teemill money for this.
I remember that donation to the Scottish guy well because I also donated to his GFM when I saw Jack tweet about it. I thought about her donation straight away when I read HH2. £270 is a lot of shampoo and shower gel - maybe even the full 2 years’ worth some would say…

Question: can charity donations raised by a group of people through crowd funding etc be used by the organiser as a tax deductible if the total sum is then donated in their name? Not an allegation, just pondering the legalities here based on a hypothetical scenario…

• Sad
Reactions: 36
She had been awfully quiet since the book drop. Did the advertisement not recieve the attention she or her publishers were hoping or is this the weekend of the bog/smol move. That came round quick, didnt it. Seems like only yesterday she was sadfishing about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I remember that donation to the Scottish guy well because I also donated to his GFM when I saw Jack tweet about it. I thought about her donation straight away when I read HH2. £270 is a lot of shampoo and shower gel - maybe even the full 2 years’ worth some would say…

Question: can charity donations raised by a group of people through crowd funding etc be used by the organiser as a tax deductible if the total sum is then donated in their name? Not an allegation, just pondering the legalities here based on a hypothetical scenario…
Wasn't that also when Jack's suspected sock retweeted Jack 'selflessly' donating to the guy? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
She had been awfully quiet since the book drop. Did the advertisement not recieve the attention she or her publishers were hoping or is this the weekend of the bog/smol move. That came round quick, didnt it. Seems like only yesterday she was sadfishing about it.
I think you'll find she living her best life. TOOT TOOT! WARNED!

(I think she's sat under her enormous dining table shitting herself to be honest)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I ordered one of those and was reluctantly forced to send it back because we have no space for it 😞 they're huuuge!!
Yeah, my kitchen is huge by studio flat standards, but the only appliances I have room for are toaster, coffee machine, and (tiny) food processor. One day I'll have my dream kitchen!

(Maybe it's just a London thing, but it seems that the fancier a rented flat, the smaller the kitchen. I've seen places that have a built-in wine fridge but only a single storage cupboard!)

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Another 12 hours and it's down to 570.3k
Results from my very non-forensic follower mitherings, count vs split time:

571.1k start
570.8k 24h
570.6k 6h
570.3k 12h
570.0k 24h

Has anyone following the slopalong taken the four day beans that serve zero? I have no desire to make them, I just still find it absolutely hilarious.
Not yet tender one x

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.