Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lovely song about a girl with a middle class voice. Funny that!
I don't know why I'm tormenting myself by trying to think how she'd actually sing it. What sort of tune would it have? She'd sing it very earnestly and nasally, but that's all I've got so far.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She profited from the pandemic, she was given the biggest opportunity of her life during lockdown. A live daily TV show fgs! Like, she could have really run with that had she not so completely messed it up.
Her making such an arse of herself after her tantrum about THAT MAN will never not be funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I don't know why I'm tormenting myself by trying to think how she'd actually sing it. What sort of tune would it have? She'd sing it very earnestly and nasally, but that's all I've got so far.
Like Christina Aguilera, I think. Lots of trills and vibrato. Meaningful pauses, that kind of thing.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
It would totally undermine her brand. She's supposed to be excellent at making money streeetttttch, not a penny mis-spent cos FRUGAL! If she cannot manage her own budget, then her pov stories become tainted by her being irresponsible and therefore non-sympathetic poor person, no better than the rest of the smartphone-owning, flat-screen buying, Kyle-watchers that she's not like at all, (fell by the wayside, doncha know?)

Plus people are far far less eager to put hand in pocket for someone who pisses their money away. She has to be a hard-done-by victim of circumstances/the system 🎶 duck the system!)

Plus fragile ego the size of the planet.
This. 1000%. She's has so many opportunities, and SO MUCH money passing through her hands over the past few years, yet somehow she works SO HARD and it has all vanished. Really makes u think.

I lived really frugally for several years when I was working for a charity and freelancing on the side - lived in a grotty house share, batch cooked curries and chilli, didn't go on holiday much etc etc. I saved all the extra money - first it was my backup for when I went full.time self employed, and when that worked out well (because I worked really effing hard and actually delivered for my clients) it became a big chunk of the deposit for the lovely house of my dreams I just bought. Jack has had many more lucrative opportunities than I ever had, and let all that money slip through her fingers - with very little evidence she has spent it on anyone but herself

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Did someone say something about being a general twit? From early 2021

View attachment 1702945

What. A. Tool.

PS wonder if she made it into Pandora’s article?! :unsure:
Wow, talk about telling on yourself. Its very obvious she cherishes her dubious sleb status- cant stfu online, the oversharing, the insistence that she gets harassed, the cringe selfies. She probably always wanted to be famous but without any discernable talent she's gone for cookery which is highly subjective and let's face it, most ppl are never gonna check if you actually know your stuff by trying out your recipes. That thick little prick Brooklyn Beckhams trying the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Like Christina Aguilera, I think. Lots of trills and vibrato. Meaningful pauses, that kind of thing.
I just want to hear a miiiiiddddlllleee claaaaassss vooooice on the BOULEVAAAAAARD.

Come on Jack, a quick play in the snow and you could upload a classic for us later on.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Remember the fish pie she “made for SB” with piped mashed potato on top? There’s no way Jack her ever piped mashed potato in her life. Someone in the cabal managed to figure out exactly which ready meal she’d painstakingly decanted into a ceramic dish.

And then there were the Waitrose parmentier potatoes she tried to pass off as her own.

The sheer brass neck! Don’t know how she sleeps at night, truly.
We could do with a fake recipe gallery, I feel like having them all laid out would be shocking

1667563549419.png
1667563589761.png

She even has a Bobo/Barnaby 🤣

1667563678508.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
In relation to that squig asking for advice as she can't afford to eat. The harm she does is just shocking and her fans are seriously out of touch. How is eating 8 meals a day going to help this person if she can't afford lunch? How is recommending Jack's recipes the solution if it's just as inadequate as what this woman can already afford. Jack should be putting her hands up and saying it's impossible then using her platform to campaign for actual change. But instead she enables the tory viewpoints and her own fans parrot it back.
Screenshot_20221104_115508.jpg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Wow, talk about telling on yourself. Its very obvious she cherishes her dubious sleb status- cant stfu online, the oversharing, the insistence that she gets harassed, the cringe selfies. She probably always wanted to be famous but without any discernable talent she's gone for cookery which is highly subjective and let's face it, most ppl are never gonna check if you actually know your stuff by trying out your recipes. That thick little prick Brooklyn Beckhams trying the same.
Yes, so obvious that despite her ‘oops, I accidentally fell into the spotlight’, Jack’s always been desperate for recognition and fame. Remember all that stuff about SB being impressed she’d met Brian May? That’s why she’s done all the singing and poetry guff, I bet she’s secretly livid that it was cooking cheap tit that ended up being her thing. And didn’t she try out for some singing thing like Britain’s got talent? We should be grateful that didn’t work out, imagine that ego if she’d become a star? Like Elton‘s diva style crossed with Matt Goss’ philosophical musings & Shakin’ Steven’s talent (sorry ss, bit harsh).

• Haha
Reactions: 48
A lovely song about a girl with a middle class voice. Funny that!
Even in the bleeping song she can’t stop banging on about her stuff. The only mention of her child is the throwaway ‘another single mother’ line in the chorus.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
In relation to that squig asking for advice as she can't afford to eat. The harm she does is just shocking and her fans are seriously out of touch. How is eating 8 meals a day going to help this person if she can't afford lunch? How is recommending Jack's recipes the solution if it's just as inadequate as what this woman can already afford. Jack should be putting her hands up and saying it's impossible then using her platform to campaign for actual change. But instead she enables the tory viewpoints and her own fans parrot it back.
View attachment 1703542
Oh I hate this. People will defend the indefensible when it comes to Jack. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people say, like this ⬆ “So what if it’s nutritionally inadequate, if you’re POOR and can only eat 400 calories per day so be it”.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
View attachment 1703542
Thick as pig tit. Only eating 1/8 daily calories is not 'living within your means' if you're DEAD

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
I’m still baffled about the Stetson explanation. If you are surviving on tinned tomatoes and pasta, and chose to save the change for a bloody hat (that’s not very practical), I would suggest your priorities aren’t in order.

No new news to report here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.