Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the last 6 hours it's dropped to 570.6k 📉
Another 12 hours and it's down to 570.3k

This has really tickled me today, the idea of Mary Portas as ultimate arbiter of whether someone can cook, combined with the certainty that Jack is almost certainly reading the Slopalong thread!
The slopalong is also having a side-effect, if you search jack monroe 'recipe' it'll be in the first results on google 👨‍💻

1667659753413.png

Still behind but found this interesting thread on Twitter about trust.

I suspect JM is heading towards the Trust Thermocline. A thermocline is where the temperature suddenly drops in a body of water, so it might be slowly getting colder then bang, it’s suddenly freezing cold. It’s a good metaphor for digital media and users. Followers slowly decrease then suddenly they’re gone.

Users will stick to what they know even after they’ve lost trust but will only move once their trust is less than the effort needed to move. And once this happens, like a thermocline there is a huge drop and normally no way back.

I’m explaining this very poorly. This guy does it much better, thread here if you’re interested.

Basically I think JM is coasting along but people are becoming more aware of the grifting, they’re not bothered enough to do anything about it yet but once they’ve made the decision to leave that will be it. No way back. I suspect there will be a large drop off in Patreon numbers soon and she will become effectively yesterday‘s news.
I first thought this was going to be about the freezing bungalow, another day in the canal another thing learned, chapeau! 🧠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
There’s still very little positive about her on Twitter. Lots of taking the piss. The odd person suggesting her for cheap meals and the weird tags where they are under the impression she is a campaigner of some sort/ever replies to this stuff.

If companies actually did any research they would see regardless of her follower numbers her engagement is low and of poor quality. The most engagement she gets is about sweets, that’s her career now.

Reactions: 48
Just thinking back to the social enterprise/charity/cafe that Big Dave is associated with. Wondering if Jack will be involved with that or whether they will hope she steers well clear.

Reactions: 32
I’d really love for her to be called out on the illness cosplaying but realise that’s probably difficult as there is no way of knowing that at least some of them are real. From memory, she’s suffered from:-

- Autism
- ADHD
- A heart condition
- Chronic depression
- Anxiety disorder
- An unspecified eating disorder
- An unspecified disability
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- insomnia
- PTSD
- Alcoholism
- Some ailment that renders walking with a cane necessary (a cane that has since disappeared into the ether)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- “Suspected osteo” - does she mean arthritis or osteoporosis. Could be both. Could be neither.
- Long covid
- A frozen shoulder
- Multiple bouts of laringitis
- Multiple chest infections
- Multiple temperatures
- Multiple bouts of Bronchitis
- Crumbling teeth “from the poverty induced malnutrition”
- Bones grinding to dust from the HARD WORK!
- Breadcrumbing CANCER
- Benign tumours on her back
- Almost fatal anaphylactic shock
- Unspecified allergies
- Inter-sex / hermaphroditism
- Something weird with her labia (SORRY GUYS!)

She’s an absolute munchie.
Your teeth don’t crumble from a year or so of bad diet! I say that as someone who wears a top denture because mine actually, literally crumbled to bits one day, and if she were such a campaigner, this is definitely something she’d talk about more.
I’m jacks age. The reason my teeth went bad are because I have body dysmorphia and an eating disorder. I’ve never forced myself to be sick, but due to malnourishment I would often get things like kidney infections and struggle to get immunity to bugs I’d get repeatedly through winter (I had winter vomitting bug six times one winter). The acid from being sick a lot, plus doing things like using bleach and other corrosive substances on my teeth caused it. And it took around ten years and three pregnancies. Then one day I banged my mouth on a fence as I ducked under it (not hard, there was no mark, my lip wasn’t even thick from it) and the front ones just crumbled.
being in your 30s having to wear a denture has such a profound effect on your mental health, your confidence etc. I haven’t worked since because I can’t bare the thought of being around people still. I’m currently very unwell with an infection, I’m unable to wear my denture and this caused me to refuse to seek medical treatment until I was passed out and my partner rang on my behalf despite my occasional stirring protests.

fortunately my partner earns good money, we live in a decent house with no mortgage and he supports me and looks after me a lot. Which leads me to another point about jacks behaviour - I am so grateful to my partner for that. I would NEVER call him from work unless it was a serious medical emergency, if I have a bad mental day, I stay my ass in bed and waitfor him to come to me.

if Jack had really experienced this, it’d be something she could really use for good.
As usual tho it’s just LIES.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Just thinking back to the social enterprise/charity/cafe that Big Dave is associated with. Wondering if Jack will be involved with that or whether they will hope she steers well clear.
I'm sure she'll try and involve herself but if Big Dave has any sense at all, he'll keep her as far away as possible from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It's astonishing when you see it all laid out like that - she's just so unaware.

This bit was especially revealing:

OH's lack of contact with her public/online persona seems to have been one of the main attractions for her. Similarly, when I talked to her, she was delighted to hear that I didn't really use Twitter. She's clearly trying to compartmentalise different bits of her life.

(I can't say that I blame her, but she should perhaps try being a bit more subtle about it...)
There was another Frau on here who knew her IRL who also bore witness to the compartmentalising. IIRC, She said Jack would be having a full on mental breakdown on Twitter but simultaneously IRL would be totally fine and not mention anything about it. That’s why I never felt genuine concern about Jacks mental health crisis baiting on Twitter after the first few times she did it. Cos I reckon it’s a ploy for attention and ££££.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I thought the SB checking her breathing scenario was after the shimmery black eye, where she tripped over her foot/dumbbell on floor and hit her eye on the tap/sink (depends which story you follow)? So she didn't say it was due to alcohol, but was implying concussion? Mithering ninnies may draw their own conclusions, but she was claiming to be sober.
This is correct.

Jack tweeting about her 'broken face' (black eye) on Sept. 2nd, 2020:

Screenshot_20221105-151055_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20221105-151121_Opera.jpg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
This is the stuff I want to hear more about, I'd love some local to spill the specifics. I can see why a charity wouldn't, but it would be delicious tea
The Frau in question referenced a few times and it was clearly a serious thing that had happened a few times and Jack was properly known for it and had upset a lot of people. IIRC the Frau didn’t want to give deets cos of Jacks amazing triangulation skills and 100% legal eagle success rate, plus felt it wasn’t her story to tell, which is absolutely fair enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Was in Poundland earlier with my 5 year old, getting him yet more paints and brushes.

Saw this on the book section for £3!! Fair play to whatever publisher is pulling the rug from under Jack Monroe's feet by putting a low cost cooking book in a low cost shop at a low price. bleeping brilliant.

910F79UU8cL.jpg

100% agree with this. It’s why it really bothers me that she describes herself as a campaigner. Effective campaigning is usually a collective effort, and Jack’s main character syndrome gets in the way of her understanding that.

Just had a thought about her possible memoir (which is still showing on Amazon with a release date of September 2023). Imagine if someone brought out an unauthorised Jack biography before she had the chance to release her own. I know realistically there wouldn’t be enough of an interest to make it worthwhile though.
Molly could do it via Amazon self publish....... 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Was in Poundland earlier with my 5 year old, getting him yet more paints and brushes.

Saw this on the book section for £3!! Fair play to whatever publisher is pulling the rug from under Jack Monroe's feet by putting a low cost cooking book in a low cost shop at a low price. bleeping brilliant.

View attachment 1706697

Molly could do it via Amazon self publish....... 🤣🤣🤣
Sir Matt's revenge!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m really not sure how she’d write an autobiography. She contradicts herself constantly but it’s only because we have the receipts that it’s so obvious. How can she tell the truth about anything that’s happened to her more recently? Her relationship with Allegra? The one with LJC? There are real people involved with much higher profiles and much deeper pockets than she has.

And didn’t she say she was going to do a nutrition course at some point and it all come to nothing?

Her trust thermocline (thank you for that @RinsingHoops - so interesting. I follow that guy and my stupid algorythm meant I didn’t see that thread) has begun and there’s nothing she can do to stop it. She’s ripped off too many people for too long.

And where is Ralf Little these days?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Deliciously ordinary I believe was the phrase, which is somehow even more patronising. BUTTTT then a friend of his turned up on these threads didn’t they and explained that OH wasn’t actually that ordinary; he had a high paying job in the City; another ker-ching moment for Jack no doubt.

I don’t really understand the mindset of oh I must find a rich partner to keep me. It must actually be horrible to be beholden to someone else for your lifestyle and what happens when they get sick of you? Horrible horrible insecure life, just make your own money enough to be independent. Then at least you’re not constantly beholden to someone else. I mean look no shade to people who do seek out rich partners to keep them, it’s a choice, whatever. There are plenty of couples with a wealth disparity where the economically less active person is bringing something else that’s extremely important to the relationship such as love, moral support, childrearing etc etc. but Jacks gold digging sits so oddly with her self presentation as a scrappy self sufficient fiercely independent smol pixie warrior.

Plus, would Jack bring moral support to a financially unequal relationship? Press X to doubt.
Oh yes, I believe OH was both deliciously AND refreshingly ordinary.

Makes it all the funnier that he dumped her 🤣

Screenshot_20221105-152852_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She could “do a Matthew Perry” for next year’s Christmas market biographies.
She's supposed to be writing her memoirs 🤢 isn't she? I bet she can't wait, a whole book devoted to talking about herself. Tricky for her though, she'll have to pick a version of events and commit to it...

• Haha
Reactions: 44
The other obvious problem with Jack writing her memoirs is SHE’S ALREADY TOLD US EVERYTHING.

There is nothing new. She’s livetweeted her life. Everybody knows her story. Why would anyone pay for it again?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
She's supposed to be writing her memoirs 🤢 isn't she? I bet she can't wait, a whole book devoted to talking about herself. Tricky for her though, she'll have to pick a version of events and commit to it...
I bet she can't even manage that. She'll lose a leg to SEVERE gangrene in chapter two only to have two legs by chapter five. The flying monkeys still
won't sense anything is off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.