Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
B1602A58-1BAC-4949-AE41-B4D991B7EF09.jpeg

Just saw this in The Guardian. Reads so much like Jack that they don’t even need her anymore. Equally insufferable prick David Baddiel will do instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I will never not laugh when I remember that she was unceremoniously dumped by the OH she described as "refreshingly ordinary"
Deliciously ordinary I believe was the phrase, which is somehow even more patronising. BUTTTT then a friend of his turned up on these threads didn’t they and explained that OH wasn’t actually that ordinary; he had a high paying job in the City; another ker-ching moment for Jack no doubt.

I don’t really understand the mindset of oh I must find a rich partner to keep me. It must actually be horrible to be beholden to someone else for your lifestyle and what happens when they get sick of you? Horrible horrible insecure life, just make your own money enough to be independent. Then at least you’re not constantly beholden to someone else. I mean look no shade to people who do seek out rich partners to keep them, it’s a choice, whatever. There are plenty of couples with a wealth disparity where the economically less active person is bringing something else that’s extremely important to the relationship such as love, moral support, childrearing etc etc. but Jacks gold digging sits so oddly with her self presentation as a scrappy self sufficient fiercely independent smol pixie warrior.

Plus, would Jack bring moral support to a financially unequal relationship? Press X to doubt.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Very interesting. I wonder what will become of her then. Cos she's too special for a 9-5. Didn't someone on here say they outrightly offered her a job when she was claiming to eat sponges or whatever. I think she'll embrace The Pov Years part 2 hoping for a gritty memoir commission. She seems to think of herself as a writer/commentator more than a cook. She'll abandon the slops but I can't see her ever abandoning her broadcaster pretentions (I lolled writing broadcaster). Your word not mine jack pal
A gritty memoir commission might work. I think she’s lost the budget cook spot, there’s too many other, better people in that space now.

Reactions: 30
I recall a Frau on here mentioning she knew that JM was notorious in the Southend lesbian community, and I wonder if that story was perhaps the reason. That kind of behaviour spreads in small communities.
I doubt I’d be identified and anyway she’s got bigger problems to deal with than a 15yr old story. 😳
She’s also apparently notorious in the Southend local charities community for promising things and not delivering, throwing her weight around, etc.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
A gritty memoir commission might work. I think she’s lost the budget cook spot, there’s too many other, better people in that space now.
She really wants to be a political commentator. The trouble is, she has no understanding of politics beyond ‘people will DIE and Tories are scum’ ranting. There are plenty of experts with years of education in the finer details of politics who deserve a platform. Self obsessed, shouty Jack seems to think she’s special and so doesn’t need to contribute anything except crap puns, emotive ranting & jangling her zippy earrings.

Reactions: 43
Deliciously ordinary I believe was the phrase, which is somehow even more patronising. BUTTTT then a friend of his turned up on these threads didn’t they and explained that OH wasn’t actually that ordinary; he had a high paying job in the City; another ker-ching moment for Jack no doubt.

I don’t really understand the mindset of oh I must find a rich partner to keep me. It must actually be horrible to be beholden to someone else for your lifestyle and what happens when they get sick of you? Horrible horrible insecure life, just make your own money enough to be independent. Then at least you’re not constantly beholden to someone else. I mean look no shade to people who do seek out rich partners to keep them, it’s a choice, whatever. There are plenty of couples with a wealth disparity where the economically less active person is bringing something else that’s extremely important to the relationship such as love, moral support, childrearing etc etc. but Jacks gold digging sits so oddly with her self presentation as a scrappy self sufficient fiercely independent smol pixie warrior.

Plus, would Jack bring moral support to a financially unequal relationship? Press X to doubt.
Jack has so many narcissistic and sociopathic traits it's hard to understand from the point of view of a decent, empathic person. She's just not wired to care about anything that doesn't directly benefit her.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
View attachment 1706405

Just saw this in The Guardian. Reads so much like Jack that they don’t even need her anymore. Equally insufferable prick David Baddiel will do instead.
Or as we call him in our house &baddiel. His whole career had been the panto horse arse of comedy acts. Newman &.... skinner &..... Mary Whitehouse experience with ....... 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Jack's an outright liability, remember when she said LJC often had to leave work because Jack had passed out drunk or that she called another partner to leave work after "doing a chaos." Why would a rich person want to be with someone as childish as this?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
She really wants to be a political commentator. The trouble is, she has no understanding of politics beyond ‘people will DIE and Tories are scum’ ranting. There are plenty of experts with years of education in the finer details of politics who deserve a platform. Self obsessed, shouty Jack seems to think she’s special and so doesn’t need to contribute anything except crap puns, emotive ranting & jangling her zippy earrings.
Her problem, or rather one of her problems is that she wants to be a saviour whereas anyone with any kind of life experience will know that scenario is fantasy bollocks. It's like when she learns a fact and they goes trumpeting about it like a child. A few months back she was burbling about Hansard on Twitter as if no journalist had thought to look at it before or when she was banging on about looking at MPs financial interests as if there isn't a register of interests that any journalist can access. One of thre three therapists she has on speed dial should really have a word about main character syndrome.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Does anyone remember an article (must have been the Guardian) when she was with Leggy where it shows a weekend dinner party somewhere in the countryside, and the piece is about JM meeting all of Allegra’s friends? When her drinking problem came out I did wonder if she’d hit the bottle a lot because those kind of social situations can be difficult if you are the newcomer to a group. She desperately wanted to be in that world, but it can’t have been easy, with her weird personality.

Reactions: 36
I’d really love for her to be called out on the illness cosplaying but realise that’s probably difficult as there is no way of knowing that at least some of them are real. From memory, she’s suffered from:-

- Autism
- ADHD
- A heart condition
- Chronic depression
- Anxiety disorder
- An unspecified eating disorder
- An unspecified disability
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- insomnia
- PTSD
- Alcoholism
- Some ailment that renders walking with a cane necessary (a cane that has since disappeared into the ether)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- “Suspected osteo” - does she mean arthritis or osteoporosis. Could be both. Could be neither.
- Long covid
- A frozen shoulder
- Multiple bouts of laringitis
- Multiple chest infections
- Multiple temperatures
- Multiple bouts of Bronchitis
- Crumbling teeth “from the poverty induced malnutrition”
- Bones grinding to dust from the HARD WORK!
- Breadcrumbing CANCER
- Benign tumours on her back
- Almost fatal anaphylactic shock
- Unspecified allergies
- Inter-sex / hermaphroditism
- Something weird with her labia (SORRY GUYS!)

She’s an absolute munchie.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
View attachment 1706405

Ah that anti troll campaigner Baddiel :sick: Who like Jack happily sets his flying monkeys on anyone who mildly questions him.

I read that article. Why does he keep going on about his mother's affair? Can he not give the woman the slightest bit of privacy? He was the same with his poor father and his dementia - shoving a camera in his face when the man clearly hadn't got a clue what was going on. Ghastly individual

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
9462BF23-8553-4AF1-BD50-1AE810DD05D8.jpeg

This has really tickled me today, the idea of Mary Portas as ultimate arbiter of whether someone can cook, combined with the certainty that Jack is almost certainly reading the Slopalong thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 80
View attachment 1706287
Yeah and was so heartbroken she was on Tinder looking for cock (preferably medical) and telling 570k of her nearest and dearest ~and us~ she was apparently about to marry someone else she’d never actually met barely 9 days later. Boo.
View attachment 1706268
View attachment 1706289View attachment 1706290
And…
View attachment 1706291
Still, life goes on… 👒 💒 👨‍🏫
View attachment 1706263View attachment 1706265
Oh PS she didn’t deactivate “for a bit” either cos she was gleefully posting about OH on 17th then HE LEFT on 19th. A Sunday when a grenade was tossed in her life (I looked up the day/date combo to be FORENSIC)
View attachment 1706269
View attachment 1706298T
W
A
T
(thanks to @Marmalade Atkins for all the Twitter screenies)
It's astonishing when you see it all laid out like that - she's just so unaware.

This bit was especially revealing:

OH's lack of contact with her public/online persona seems to have been one of the main attractions for her. Similarly, when I talked to her, she was delighted to hear that I didn't really use Twitter. She's clearly trying to compartmentalise different bits of her life.

(I can't say that I blame her, but she should perhaps try being a bit more subtle about it...)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
That bit about drinking formula is my absolute aneurysm. Actually her whole single motherhood thing is.*

What really pisses me off is that - even if it were true (it isn’t - SB was a year and a half when the poverty started so she wouldn’t have been given formula for him), a single working class mother who was living in poverty who chose to feed herself rather than her child would have raised safeguarding concerns. They weigh your baby and if a baby is failing to gain (failure to thrive), you get interventions.

Also, I find it absolutely chilling that she wrote this down as an example of how desperate she was, never once thinking ’oh hang on, this makes it look like I’m starving my baby which isn’t a good look’. Really it’s psychopathic behaviour and it’s very disturbing that she can’t see that.

* I know other people have said all this but I had to join in as a single mother. It really bleeping disgusts me how she uses him for sympathy but actually doesn’t give a shiny tit about him. Poor kid. His mother is a monster.
I often wonder if when she says baby milk she actually means powedered milk. Ie coffee mate etc. I could see how she could get mixed up she is after all thick as mince that has fat % fat content because it does.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Re the cutlery thing...and this might be an unfair reach, but SB was what 3 or 4 at the time. A couple of my friends are primary schools teachers and they say more and more reception kids are unable to use cutlery because parents aren't teaching them/supporting them to develop the fine motor skills etc. Could it be that he hadn't mastered them yet, when Leggy may have been used to her own offspring having already mastered it (I'm guessing being brought up in a genuine foodie house would've helped here). Jack shrugs it off as carefree, quirky parenting but it might be that she has yet to teach him?

Proper mithering ninny nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She could “do a Matthew Perry” for next year’s Christmas market biographies.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.