Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we've been here before - but just a reminder of the birth and expectations of the VBI.
'Granular mathematics' 🤭
The idea is to update it monthly 🙄

Screenshot_20221019_042425.jpg
Screenshot_20221019_042908.jpg
Screenshot_20221019_042716.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Morning all
@MC.Mama/ Who Veronicas? Are they metal??
And not forgetting @Valiofthedolls mashup of Kirstie Allsop and Nikki Sixx thread closed before I could 💀⚰
Coming from the past (but also the future)
The Veronicas are Jess and Lisa Origliasso, pop singers and proper smol pixies as well as one having the previous long term relationship with Ruby Rose so there's lots of inspiration there for Jack. Now I'm off to delete this pic from my phone before I lose my street credibility, y'all.
9CB1D882-EA41-4EF3-87D4-AEAD27437ADA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Coming from the past (but also the future)
The Veronicas are Jess and Lisa Origliasso, pop singers and proper smol pixies as well as one having the previous long term relationship with Ruby Rose so there's lots of inspiration there for Jack. Now I'm off to delete this pic from my phone before I lose my street credibility, y'all.
View attachment 1661133
Oh come on, Untouched is a whopper 🤟 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Imagine the poor honey badger at the vet, I was innocently inhaling greedily when, in what can only describe as a one in a million chance, a bollock sausage became lodged in my throat.
Who'd have thought that honey badgers were so eloquent? They remind me of Gerald the Gorilla.
Screenshot_20221019-061502_Chrome.jpg

One for the eighties kids there 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
If she really believes people are subscribing for nothing/just to support 'her work', why tweet a while back that she was working on updating and backdating her Patrons? Then there was her claim that she's just "gotten behind on a bit of admin" because she has to argue on Twitter all day. Would she ever just pick one story and stick with it, just for once 😩

• Heart
So she’s out doing more corporate speaking gigs? Wonderful. Keep doing that important work.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Just want to say I am not going to let Jack Monroe spoil honey badgers or leafy trees for me :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
How did she know about all the new patrons if she can't get in that email account?
You may well ask.

In the words of another smol pixie, Toyah ‘it’s a mystery’.

Monroe literally cannot lie…

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Am not up to date partly as I’ve been obsessing over the latest Tory tit show but the fact that the news is constant about Tory failures, cost of living crisis and now a possible return to austerity and she is no where to be seen because she pushed the grift way way too far is incredibly amusing 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
This is really interesting, like many people I just assumed the advance might be recoverable. Would you know if the cookbook author would typically be responsible for arranging their own recipe testing too? If so, it might explain a lot about Jack's slops.
All the cookbooks I have tested for, the authors have arranged their own testing, their own photography, and in a couple of cases, their own nutritional analysis. A lot of them have been fairly unknown authors and small publishing houses but one is one of the best selling/best known cookbook authors of their genre.

Reactions: 36
Les Mills Body Pump instructor Frau here (fitness programme with weights where we get given the music and choreography) - have a lot of a love for The Veronicas as they were used frequently in some of the older releases - Hook Me Up is a particular favourite. Slightly disappointed to see that I share the love with Jack Counting Crows Monroe.
In other news - my Old Harold found a Charlie Bigham fish pie in a puddle yellow sticker section in Tesco and it was bloody lovely.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I just wanted to say that lest I start to appear on any of dearheart @kachoochoo’s lists - I did promise to make the kidney bean and pineapple curry a while back. I even sourced the ingredients (Aldi). I had everything ready and thought - I know, in the true spirit of Tin Can Cook I’ll wait until I’m out of fresh stuff that needs using. Ninnies - even though this week I’m stuck in the house without a fresh vegetable to my name I can’t bring myself to do it. The covid has not attacked my tastebuds but it is leaving me so sorry for myself that I SHAN’T be eating that slop. One day I will do it and document, but it won’t be yet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
As far as anyone can tell the VBI was supposed to be exactly what the new ONS data does. Except the ONS data exists so why the need for the VBI? Another big stumbling block to completing the VBI was Jack wanted to personally visit a shop in 10 deprived areas. That’s a LOT of trains. And you know what happens to Jack on trains. Opal fruits everywhere, shink kicked, Mediterranean arse, it’s Cath Kidson, witch etc
It was the heady days of Harold’s Big Car. She probably assumed he’d drop everything to drive her around the less salubrious parts of Southend. Maybe East London if she was feeling really adventurous.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
My nan used to have a mould that you put all nud ends of soap into and eventually it formed into a new frankensoap. Which always then immediately fell apart upon contact with water. Jack would have been proud of this hack.
Oh hello cousin Fraus

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.