Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the VBI, not sure if already mentioned (am actual parent of an SB so no time for grunking annoyingly!) ONS already do something similar, a relative🔺️was asked to collect all receipts over the course of a month and someone called them and went through percentage on income spent on different things. They apparently ask a certain number of people to do this each month. So am wondering if Jack has heard of this and piggybacked on the back of it and made up about collecting receipts whilst not have a snowballs chance in hell of actually understanding what they do but then when ONS come out with stuff, she can jump on the back of it, present her lever arch file of random receipts and claim credit.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Exactly. She hasn’t even posted on that site since November 2020 - not so much as an update on the “work” she’s doing (and what the patrons think they’re supporting). She does not give a stuff about her patrons.
Sorry if this has been explored before and I'm totally wrong. Maybe someone could correct me if so. I can't keep up with all the posts.

I've been left wondering if she has the login details for the patreon. Given she hasn't posted to it. Nor has she changed the pledge descriptions to describe patrons not getting anything (which would be a super easy way to avoid any criticism of not doing anything from now on. Because you'd not be required to going forward. Only need to provide reasons for not doing it from the time it stopped to current date). It's an easy way to close off a road for criticism and have less future disappointed people keen for postcards. Would take 5 mins? Maybe less. Also posting things like "exclusive photography" would probably be as rewarding to people as postcards wouldn't it. Diary entries etc. Something exclusive. And that could be done for free, en masse, with no printing or postage costs. So why not just do some of that? Which circles me back to "maybe it's not possible to"?

Also, a while ago a squig on twitter was proving their patronage I think via dm or email or whatever with a screen grab of their membership. If you had full access to your patron list, you'd just need a name or reference number wouldn't you? Then search your list to check they were a member?

The problem is, if that was right, there won't be any postcards or patron only posts in future, until such time as any login details could be reset (but if me I'd have tried or swapped to a new account so I could use it?!). Because how would she easily and comprehrnsively gather and verify the details and addresses of 700 current people and all the past ones, to send stuff out? And track which have been sent and which waiting to be sent, every month? Nor will the page be changed to reflect what's actually on offer (currently nothing). She also wouldn't be able easily to post about not having the login details if that were the case.

Anyway, may well be very wrong so take me with a pinch of salt. But it's one thing I haven't been able to work out either way. Someone's likely already got to the bottom of this but haven't found it so far.

Reactions: 25
I even hate the words "Vimes Boots Index". It means absolutely nothing if you don't know about ...Terry Pratchett's books. It feels smug somehow
Yes absolutely! She’s very exclusionary isn’t she? It occurs to me that her aligning herself with the theory is hypocritical in the extreme as she owns many, many pairs of excellent quality, well-made, long lasting and designer shoes. Investing in herself is all Jack knows. She’s never lived in the world of buying Asda school shoes instead of Clark’s knowing that they’ll last 5 minutes but there’s no alternative. You have the £9 for Asda. You do not have the £48 for Clark’s. You know the Clark’s would do them all year and still be suitable to hand on. It’s irrelevant because £9 is all you have available. It’s insulting to people who genuinely budget and do their best with what they have instead of being a greedy little grift machine like her.

All I'm seeing in Jack's manor is lovely huge houses and well-kept bourgeois suburbia so far...
You mean you’re not battling through crappy, rundown streets and fending off povs all out searching for Jack to help them?!

She is an absolute consumer, she buys so much stuff on a whim and then does not value or care for it. The environmental and human costs do not matter to her and in her rabid consumption of stuff, she is helping to keep capitalism going. I wonder what her Marxist Leninist dad thinks of that 🤔
Same with her ‘poor people can’t afford ethics’ bollock sosiges etc. Cares not a jot for Farm to Fork or animal welfare. Or that her favoured make-up brands test on animals as if it’s an Olympic sport. 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Time to buy a flask and a onesie. Find the torch and the batteries.

We had no power for A WEEK last winter during a massive storm and I am miraculously still alive.
This happened to us 3 years ago. Electric and gas gone for a week. I'm no stranger to that being Scottish Swedish (very snowy rural winters, also why we need to build a winter stickpile each year) but when you have a child dependant on an oxygen concentrator, it becomes a worry as back up canisters only have two weeks of O2 and the delivery van can't always make it through if the snow is too deep. Funnily enough, there was no Jack Monroe working quietly behind the scenes to help my rural Scottish town when food started to run low and nobody got a hot meal or drink for a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Sorry if this has been explored before and I'm totally wrong. Maybe someone could correct me if so. I can't keep up with all the posts.

I've been left wondering if she has the login details for the patreon. Given she hasn't posted to it. Nor has she changed the pledge descriptions to describe patrons not getting anything (which would be a super easy way to avoid any criticism of not doing anything from now on. Because you'd not be required to going forward. Only need to provide reasons for not doing it from the time it stopped to current date). It's an easy way to close off a road for criticism and have less future disappointed people keen for postcards. Would take 5 mins? Maybe less. Also posting things like "exclusive photography" would probably be as rewarding to people as postcards wouldn't it. Diary entries etc. Something exclusive. And that could be done for free, en masse, with no printing or postage costs. So why not just do some of that? Which circles me back to "maybe it's not possible to"?

Also, a while ago a squig on twitter was proving their patronage I think via dm or email or whatever with a screen grab of their membership. If you had full access to your patron list, you'd just need a name or reference number wouldn't you? Then search your list to check they were a member?

The problem is, if that was right, there won't be any postcards or patron only posts in future, until such time as any login details could be reset (but if me I'd have tried or swapped to a new account so I could use it?!). Because how would she easily and comprehrnsively gather and verify the details and addresses of 700 current people and all the past ones, to send stuff out? And track which have been sent and which waiting to be sent, every month? Nor will the page be changed to reflect what's actually on offer (currently nothing). She also wouldn't be able easily to post about not having the login details if that were the case.

Anyway, may well be very wrong so take me with a pinch of salt. But it's one thing I haven't been able to work out either way. Someone's likely already got to the bottom of this but haven't found it so far.
But in January 21(?) when Nigella endorsed her patreon, Jack said she'd been aware of a "small flurry" :rolleyes: of new patrons. So she must be getting notifications, therefore access to the related email. Therefore has ability to reset passwords etc.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Unless your heating is also electric and your entire house is fridge temperature.
I can’t speak for others but my gas central heating needs electricity for the pump to circulate the water to the radiatiors and control the on /off switch etc. so no electricity no heat even though it’s gas heating.

Reactions: 27
Radio 4 this morning talking about inflation. Someone from ONS talking about their personal inflation calculator as a response to the "cpi doesn't apply to everyone" criticism. No mention of Vimes, his boots or Mack Jonroe. Listen out for howling and clawing in Southend today!

But in January 21 when Nigella endorsed her patreon, Jack said she'd been aware of a "small flurry" :rolleyes: of new patrons. So she must be getting notifications, therefore access to the related email. Therefore has ability to reset passwords etc.
Or she read about it on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Radio 4 this morning talking about inflation. Someone from ONS talking about their personal inflation calculator as a response to the "cpi doesn't apply to everyone" criticism. No mention of Vimes, his boots or Mack Jonroe. Listen out for howling and clawing in Southend today!

Or she read about it on here.
OK :D

Still, ample time to sort out access - or at least be crying about how she hasn't got access and that's why she can't update, when challenged about it. Instead of "behind on admin - pesky trolls literally forcing me to talk balls on twitter" (to paraphrase :D ).

Reactions: 26
But in January 21 when Nigella endorsed her patreon, Jack said she'd been aware of a "small flurry" :rolleyes: of new patrons. So she must be getting notifications, therefore access to the related email. Therefore has ability to reset passwords etc.
Could just be checking the numbers, forensically. Or receive the magic pings as the money lands 😂

I've considered in my head which is worse, being able to log in and not bothering to fix it, or not being able to log in and not bothering to fix it (e.g by deleting the page and starting another if all else fails with I'd verification to regain access via the site operators). Neither really. I'm just curious. Both equally problematic to me. But the ecommerce frau in me has a very strong aversion to things being late/not as described/not exactly what I'd be content with.

Reactions: 23
Could just be checking the numbers, forensically. Or receive the magic pings as the money lands 😂

I've considered in my head which is worse, being able to log in and not bothering to fix it, or not being able to log in and not bothering to fix it (e.g by deleting the page and starting another if all else fails with I'd verification to regain access via the site operators). Neither really. I'm just curious. Both equally problematic to me. But the ecommerce frau in me has a very strong aversion to things being late/not as described/not exactly what I'd be content with.
She has previously claimed on Twitter that she can’t access her Patreon because her assistant, who she had to furlough, was the only one who had the log in.

As others have said it’s not an excuse at all. Just set up a new account and close the old one. Don’t just keep merrily sailing on, taking money and not delivering on promises.

It’s from the same Jackbox of Bullshit Excuses as the one about her simple Wordpress website being impossible to update as it has stumped a crack team of software engineers.

She just can’t be arsed to organise her own affairs, she just papers over the cracks and ignore them. That’s also why she is so bad with money. She can’t organise and she buries her head.

I do sympathise to an extent as many people with mental illness, TBI and or ND also struggle with this sort of organisation. Where it crosses the line to me is that it’s other peoples money she’s playing fast and loose with, and when questioned she goes on the attack rather than acknowledge or rectify.

• Angry
Reactions: 50

Still, ample time to sort out access - or at least be crying about how she hasn't got access and that's why she can't update, when challenged about it. Instead of "behind on admin - pesky trolls literally forcing me to talk balls on twitter" (to paraphrase :D ).
Is it that she can’t remember which email she’s signed up with? Cos all she has to do is go to the password reset page and try them all. Or there’s a great big button to contact support.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
She has previously claimed on Twitter that she can’t access her Patreon because her assistant, who she had to furlough, was the only one who had the log in.

As others have said it’s not an excuse at all. Just set up a new account and close the old one. Don’t just keep merrily sailing on, taking money and not delivering on promises.

It’s from the same Jackbox of Bullshit Excuses as the one about her simple Wordpress website being impossible to update as it has stumped a crack team of software engineers.

She just can’t be arsed to organise her own affairs, she just papers over the cracks and ignore them. That’s also why she is so bad with money. She can’t organise and she buries her head.

I do sympathise to an extent as many people with mental illness, TBI and or ND also struggle with this sort of organisation. Where it crosses the line to me is that it’s other peoples money she’s playing fast and loose with, and when questioned she goes on the attack rather than acknowledge or rectify.
I'd be amazed if she hasn't been logged out at some point (because this happens to all of us) and asked to input her login again. So I do not believe her.

Reactions: 37
Regarding the 2 posts above about the patreon & the question of why the heck isn't she doing anything about it, I think that the answer is that she just can't, there are no options that Jack can take. If she goes near it in anyway she is acknowledging its existence & then obliged to respond. She cannot fulfill rewards retrospectively or going forward, they were unrealistic from the off. She cannot refund the money as she has spunked every last penny. She cannot admit to any wrong doing, apologise or take any responsibility for her chosen actions, she is not capable. All she can do is block it out, keep going on her relentless victimhood campaign & hope that this gets her off the hook when the almighty ton of tit hits the giant fan. x

ETA to add nor can she live without the money of course as the lazy arse has very little else coming in regularly.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
Regarding the 2 posts above about the patreon & the question of why the heck isn't she doing anything about it, I think that the answer is that she just can't, there are no options that Jack can take. If she goes near it in anyway she is acknowledging its existence & then obliged to respond. She cannot fulfill rewards retrospectively or going forward, they were unrealistic from the off. She cannot refund the money as she has spunked every last penny. She cannot admit to any wrong doing, apologise or take any responsibility for her chosen actions, she is not capable. All she can do is block it out, keep going on her relentless victimhood campaign & hope that this gets her off the hook when the almighty ton of tit hits the giant fan. x

ETA to add nor can she live without the money of course as the lazy arse has very little else coming in regularly.
Agree she's absolutely not going to tip that boat over herself, at least until the great downsize or something else she's got going on quietly, softly in the background happens. I think she's going to get a house under her belt (cash buy) and continue the grift for as long as possible until the final big flounce where she just DFEs.

Reactions: 33

Agree.
She's stuck in a bind - can't do anything as it will attract attention, can't apologise, because she's Jack, but also can't keep ignoring it much longer as too many people are asking questions

Reactions: 37

100% this.

She’s an Apple user so find it difficult to believe that with keychain (and she’s said she uses a password manager previously) she’d be locked out of both her Patreon and the relevant email to reset password. It’s been years not days or weeks or even a couple of months, if it was a nightmare situation with her PA leaving she could have contacted Patreon’s customer support.

The above is it, in short. She’s created the first patreon Ponzi scheme in that she can’t afford to fulfil obligations to annual or top tier supporters as she’s spent their whole year sub and is now down on future subs payments so can’t backfill. Considering this is likely a £6-10k pcm revenue stream (imo) it’s a rare instance where it would actually make sense to take out a loan to pay for staff and goodies to retain those subs as if churn continues at current rates it’ll be game over come end of next year 😳 and lord knows she’s not gonna find a high earning partner or book any regular commercial work in that time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

(To be clear I don't believe for a second her email story. But I do believe that she fails so profoundly at basic admin that she could we'll have heard about it from here rather than by keeping on top of her multiple email accounts)

She could pause it to stop taking money. That would stop the problem getting bigger. (Of course if she had a moral compass sharp enough to turn off free money, she wouldn't be in this situation)

Most people won't bother asking for refunds imo as if they've subbed for this long without realizing they're getting nothing they either don't care about the rewards and just want to support Jack, or have enough money that it doesn't matter either way

Reactions: 33
There's no way, none, zero chance that Patreon don't have an account recovery process for scatterbrained artistes, (even ones who put it into the hands of Caroline who also LEFT).

So as has been said it's ostriching for whatever reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She routinely puts things on the GAS HOB that have no business being there, it's an accident waiting to happen.
Most fire prevention guidance states something along the lines of "Keep flammable things like dishtowels, paper bags, or cereal boxes, away from your stove".
Bosch states in their gas hob manual "Never place combustible items on the hob. Never place objects on the hob."
All it takes is that one time when she forgets to turn the hob off and plonks down fabric, wood, plastic etc. as seen here.
It makes my teeth itch, it's just wilful disregard of simple fire safety instructions, but could you imagine trying to tell an obstinate prick like Jack to stop doing it?
Not even mentioning the whole call handler firefighter experience.

Ah, Fire hazard officer Monroe at her finest.

Even when my kitchen is needing a proper clean, it's never in that state.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
There's no way, none, zero chance that Patreon don't have an account recovery process for scatterbrained artistes, (even ones who put it into the hands of Caroline who also LEFT).

So as has been said it's ostriching for whatever reason.
Took me about 5 seconds to find this.
D11A6875-7CE0-4314-8C34-C3535017C2A7.jpeg

Then select this option on the form.
E9361442-3C1A-440F-A391-A9B167290C13.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.