Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that in Jack-world medical professionals either cup your face softly, gently and lovingly, or bluntly snarl the lyrics of Fairytale of New York at you.

I’m sure there’ll be a multiple deleted blog posts and tweets somewhere about the time she was lying on a drip in a hospital bed and someone (a Doctor, her evil Tory brother, Michael Portillo, Old Chief, Edwina Currie, a random middle aged woman passing by) called her “a bum, a punk” and “an old slut on junk” too.
Thread title nomination.
Come on fraus and male fraus (herrs), we can do this ✊

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Thank you @Valiofthedolls - my apologies @Veronicaaa I should have realised that a clever frau had already spotted it. I’ll delete. ETA: too late to delete, so sorry again @Veronicaaa
No need to apologize or delete!!! I just felt bad posting that link I read on her blog the other day and making the note about the comments, without digging through to credit the person who noticed the comments in the summer. It was to correct me, not you, dear heart.

(I hardly ever read her comments cos I can’t stand the sycophantic swill in them!)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1656930

Jack bingo! We can shout LINE (of snow) and (rented) HOUSE if we win.
That chart has just about finished me off, especially the 'random health condition - spin wheel'. 😂 Dear Lord (almost sure he's a Tattler - I took a twitch in my eye the other night after typing out the F word) thank you for sending us parody Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
And you’d still probably say ‘intoxicated’, rather than ‘drunk’ I imagine!
Definitely not to the patient! It was an exasperated and bemused “wow, they are drunk!” to a colleague in private because of their behaviour. Notes will have said ETOH/ intoxication for sure.

Reactions: 27
What the duck does squig think Jack is going to do about it?!
Oh dear, Jack is not going to ‘campaign’ for this. She has a bit of a teeny tiny chip on her shoulder about people who go to university.

Still, don’t be too disheartened, squig. Her ‘campaigning’ mostly amounts to talking about herself and doing duck all substantive anyway, so you’re probably better off without it

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Either she requested no photos beyond the one with the editor or she's being cancelled in plain sight.
But
I have so many thoughts about so many things that I don't even know where to begin (how very Jack of me) so I will start with the most important......

One of the things I love about the fraus (menfolk I include you under this term) is when the subject of the VBI comes up and people riff on what VBI actually stands for. They are always so funny and as ridiculous as the whole proposition itself. I just wanted to say it brings a smile to my face every time.

Now duck off the lot of you x
Thanking you for this Very Beautiful Inscription

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
What the duck does squig think Jack is going to do about it?!
I reckon she'll burst through the doors of the House of Commons and start knocking a few heads together. Jack is a maverick and doesn't play by the rules but she gets imaginary results.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
The most ridiculous thing about the Vertiginous Bollocks Incense is that all the data that she’s asking for, which won’t be truly representative, is already gathered by Kantar via their Shop and Scan research.

The S&S panel is designed to be representative and panel members have to complete regular questionnaires about income as well as uploading their shopping barcodes and till receipts, so they can easily pull out the data for one or more demographics.
We do shop and scan, they occasionally recruit via their current panelists who get invites to hand out to their friends. I believe it's quite hard to get on now. At times it drives me insane!

Reactions: 16
Also, and I concede that I am not a LITERAL FOOD EXPERT, I'd be inclined to fry off the onion first in some oil that I'd heated up before adding the garlic and bacon.
I'll never understand Jack's constant denying herself, and advocating the same for others, one of cooking's great simplest joys - frying onions 🤷‍♀️ It gets the whole cooking process going and whets appetites even if you thought you weren't hungry.
Such basic bloody stuff.
Almost like she doesn't understand cookery.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I'll never understand Jack's constant denying herself, and advocating the same for others, one of cooking's great simplest joys - frying onions 🤷‍♀️ It gets the whole cooking process going and whets appetites even if you thought you weren't hungry.
Such basic bloody stuff.
Almost like she doesn't understand cookery.
It's like she hates food. Even when she tries to sound like she enjoys eating she says weird things about groaning ovaries rather than trying to convey a sense of what she's eating is actually like. Though in fairness if I was as bad at cooking as Jack, I'd probably hate food as well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Strange she didn’t say ‘they accuse me of pretending to be poor and say I’ve got loads of designer clothes and jewellery and expensive furniture.’
And interesting she will never mention the big thing people bring up here (and sometimes twitter) as an indication of excessive spending - ❄
Just swimming pools and jaguars which nobody has once ever suggested.

Reactions: 43
I've finally got to read the OFM magazine properly. Her article is odd and very different in tone to the others in the magazine where it's obvious that the winners have been recently interviewed for that magazine.

Hers just feels very different, like it's all just been chucked together from a previous interview, just like the photos. Which I bet is what happened

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.