Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘I’m not the spring chicken everyone wants’
Also
‘I’m a pocket rocket’
She’s a little “Spring Piggy” … with a sniffly-snuffly oinking ickle snout … 34p a portion Bigella ripoff (I think it’s curdled)
AFA37BBA-E09B-4E4B-934C-72EC87CFAE4A.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
She’s a little “Spring Piggy” … with a sniffly-snuffly oinking ickle snout … 34p a portion Bigella ripoff (I think it’s curdled) View attachment 1657189
Oh god the recipe is terrible.
"Vociferously" washing carrots??
Also it looks horrible and curdled because she puts yoghurt in it, which will split unless you mix it with cornflour. Notably, nigella's recipe does nothing of the sort and has cider but no dairy https://www.nigella.com/recipes/spring-chicken
Why add yoghurt and make it look like baby sick??

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Also it looks horrible and curdled because she puts yoghurt in it, which will split unless you mix it with cornflour. Notably, nigella's recipe does nothing of the sort and has cider but no dairy https://www.nigella.com/recipes/spring-chicken
Cheap wine, yogurt, mustard, carrots and cooking bacon… it’s basically ready made chunder

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
She adds dairy to quite a few things that don’t require it doesn’t she? Like the famous carbonara. She also substitutes dairy products wildly like Brie instead of cream cheese or cream cheese instead of yoghurt. So weird. That isn’t any firm of budgeting is it? Why would you buy any dairy product on a whim and then be like ‘oh rats, what am I going to do with all this cream cheese?! Oh I know, I’ll find a recipe that requires natural yoghurt and make that.’

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She adds dairy to quite a few things that don’t require it doesn’t she? Like the famous carbonara. She also substitutes dairy products wildly like Brie instead of cream cheese or cream cheese instead of yoghurt. So weird. That isn’t any firm of budgeting is it? Why would you buy any dairy product on a whim and then be like ‘oh rats, what am I going to do with all this cream cheese?! Oh I know, I’ll find a recipe that requires natural yoghurt and make that.’
Carbonahhrahhh

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Didn't she have several "suspected" heart attacks? I seem to remember a photo of a heart monitor.
That was in her old Jack at a Pinch blog, which she wrote after Allegra dumped her. Typical narc though. The medical issues always raise their head when they are slighted/challenged on their crappy behaviour. My MIL is a big fan of pretending to have chest pains if you confront her about something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Vociferously? Made we should buy her a dictionary for Christmas, the silly pretentious woman. Also - a FISTFUL of thyme? Really? So that alllll you can taste afterwards is thyme and nothing else? Or maybe she doesn't know what thyme looks like, or maybe (2) she means a sprig. Who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Vociferously? Made we should buy her a dictionary for Christmas, the silly pretentious woman. Also - a FISTFUL of thyme? Really? So that alllll you can taste afterwards is thyme and nothing else? Or maybe she doesn't know what thyme looks like, or maybe (2) she means a sprig. Who knows.
And how big is a fist? Mine might be smaller than someone else's. Hardly an adequate unit of measurement.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Didn't she have several "suspected" heart attacks? I seem to remember a photo of a heart monitor.
As there often is, there’s a manipulative (deleted) blog post for that. Coincidentally it happened right after Leggy dumped her.
Also read the comments, which are mostly fawning other than those from a person in whose username is ‘someone who grinds corn in a big thing with sails on the outside’. That person is expressing concern and giving practical advice. In response, Jack is being a twit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
Bigella used tarragon not thyme… so presumably she also has no idea what either taste like let alone look like.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
"Dice the bacon, and peel and chop the onion and finely slice the garlic. Add all to a large sauté pan with an optional splash of oil (I dry cook mine on a low heat, as enough fat usually comes out of the bacon, but you need to keep an eye on it and stir it frequently to disturb the onions and garlic and stop them from sticking)."

For how long?
What should they look like?
What should they smell like?

THIS IS BASIC RECIPE STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW, MONROE.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
All this sobriety talk does make me suspect she's going to have a dramatic breakdown and start drinking again and it'll be the fault of Tattle and Tweeters who said mean things about her disabled mum's potatoes. Whether that return to alcohol is real or not it'll help keep the FMs in line and give them something to use against anyone asking inconvenient question. "Not now! She's just fallen off the wagon because of you lot! Leave her alone! She'll die if you don't stop this nonsense!"
Sorry if I missed someone already saying this - I'm not as sure she will go down that route. Her sobriety is very performative, but I don't think we (general public, haters and fans alike) are the only intended audience. It feels like she has some real life stakes riding on her appearing to remain visibly sober.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.