Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Dice the bacon, and peel and chop the onion and finely slice the garlic. Add all to a large sauté pan with an optional splash of oil (I dry cook mine on a low heat, as enough fat usually comes out of the bacon, but you need to keep an eye on it and stir it frequently to disturb the onions and garlic and stop them from sticking)."

For how long?
What should they look like?
What should they smell like?

THIS IS BASIC RECIPE STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW, MONROE.
Also, and I concede that I am not a LITERAL FOOD EXPERT, I'd be inclined to fry off the onion first in some oil that I'd heated up before adding the garlic and bacon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Wasn't this around the same time she potentially had a fatal tomato allergy?
Yes and then in the next week she’d be ok again. This is when I started to think she was a bit too unlucky. Never heard any more about the fatal tomato allergy don’t think. Apart from when she likes to throw in the need for an epi pen when it suits to pretend to be a trooper

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Don’t forget her failing liver Frauen!

I’ve never heard any medical professional say alcoholic or a drunk. We say dependence or ETOH. The only time I’ve ever called a patient “drunk” was because they er… were drunk, with the empty bottle to prove it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
They're more likely to call her a
bleep
than a drunk
I love that in Jack-world medical professionals either cup your face softly, gently and lovingly, or bluntly snarl the lyrics of Fairytale of New York at you.

I’m sure there’ll be a multiple deleted blog posts and tweets somewhere about the time she was lying on a drip in a hospital bed and someone (a Doctor, her evil Tory brother, Michael Portillo, Old Chief, Edwina Currie, a random middle aged woman passing by) called her “a bum, a punk” and “an old slut on junk” too.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
As there often is, there’s a manipulative (deleted) blog post for that. Coincidentally it happened right after Leggy dumped her.
Also read the comments, which are mostly fawning other than those from a person in whose username is ‘someone who grinds corn in a big thing with sails on the outside’. That person is expressing concern and giving practical advice. In response, Jack is being a twit.
38E???

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
As there often is, there’s a manipulative (deleted) blog post for that. Coincidentally it happened right after Leggy dumped her.
Also read the comments, which are mostly fawning other than those from a person in whose username is ‘someone who grinds corn in a big thing with sails on the outside’. That person is expressing concern and giving practical advice. In response, Jack is being a twit.
I wonder if the person commenting is Trifle Defender…?

I can’t find that user name’s site on Wordpress or on wayback which might confirm. TD has a private (old?) wordpress site with a variation on that name. Just a thought, as she has worked in healthcare.

Reactions: 30
I wonder if the person commenting is Trifle Defender…?

I can’t find that user name’s site on Wordpress or on wayback which might confirm. TD has a private (old?) wordpress site with a variation on that name. Just a thought, as she has worked in healthcare.
I’ve been looking so I could credit the frau who first made the link. It was @Veronicaaa back in Aug

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Wearing a cardio monitor is not only because of a heart attack, it could be because she had episodes of arrhythmia, maybe due to anxiety/substance abuse. It happens, and if she did have a heart condition she would be on medication (AF frau here, been cardioverted 3 times and on daily medication. I don't make a song and dance of it though, maybe I should...😁).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
She says near the beginning that she has a heart condition. Really? Another ailment to add to the crumbly bones etc
Yes. I know this will come as a shock but it is a lie.
Much evidence of it being a lie, I think some is in the Wiki. The bit that sticks out for me is that I too have a heart condition. Jack also claims she has an epipen for allergies, although these allergies have miraculously cleared up as she seems to quite happily eat tomatoes these days.
I too have allergies and thankfully don't need an epipen. My doctor said that even if I did need one I wouldn't be prescribed one as if you have a heart condition you could go into cardiac arrest. So she's lying about either or both conditions.
As always there may be a grain of truth in what she said. Imo, she had an incident when her heart went 'tachy' which basically means her heart was racing. Usually caused by shock or a virus or if you're off of your tits on coke.
We'll never know.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Don’t forget her failing liver Frauen!

I’ve never heard any medical professional say alcoholic or a drunk. We say dependence or ETOH. The only time I’ve ever called a patient “drunk” was because they er… were drunk, with the empty bottle to prove it.
And you’d still probably say ‘intoxicated’, rather than ‘drunk’ I imagine!

Reactions: 29
Many pages behind sorry but often think of our gender divide and how self fulfilling it may have been when many years ago we got misogynistically / probably classistly labelled as tragic haus fraus by Jack & adopted the term ourselves. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that but imagine blokes may have thought it’s not for them hence why we see fewer here? What was first 🤯 in seeing the Twitter uprising was scrolling through likes and follows of AM or anyone who speaks out it’s absolutely rammed with blokes? Like where have you lot been all this time! And not just online blokes like journos or shitposters you’ve got random Hammers and other such sports blokes in there too. Maybe they’re less scared of being doxxed or threatened by Jack hence liking under their gov names though whereas women might be liking under semi anonymised accounts? It’s interesting isn’t it. Welcome all men tho ✌
We’ve got men, non-binary and women but Frauen makes a good plural, plus unlike a lot of internetland we manage to be united by a common cause

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I’ve been looking so I could credit the frau who first made the link. It was @Veronicaaa back in Aug
Thank you @Valiofthedolls - my apologies @Veronicaaa I should have realised that a clever frau had already spotted it. I’ll delete. ETA: too late to delete, so sorry again @Veronicaaa

Reactions: 19
Didn't she say that she has an EpiPen as stress causes her to go into anaphylaxis? Because of course what you need when you are stressed to the point of collapse is adrenaline 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Oh god the recipe is terrible.
"Vociferously" washing carrots??
Also it looks horrible and curdled because she puts yoghurt in it, which will split unless you mix it with cornflour. Notably, nigella's recipe does nothing of the sort and has cider but no dairy https://www.nigella.com/recipes/spring-chicken
Why add yoghurt and make it look like baby sick??
"Serves 4"

What with 300g bacon (7 rashers), 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1/8 cabbage (1/32 each lol) and a spoonful of green beans?
This is just taking the piss
She's completely obsessed with the 'sticker shock' factor (but low rather than high), but they don't stand up to the barest scrutiny

She’s also got CCJs on her credit profile which would make getting a mortgage a complete ball ache. I think you’re onto something!
I'm convinced the mention of downsizing "in 6 months" is crucial to what's going on, because at that point the money laundering questions get a lot easier if you've had the cash in your account for that long (deposit or cash buy, I'm leaning on the latter).

• Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.