Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t been able to listen to radio 4’s ‘fact checking’ More or Less since and it used to be a must for me. ☹

Tim Harford should do an update in the next series - I think he actually said ‘ragtag band of nerds’ in the VBI episode. Tim, it was a LIE!
Babes, same. Was hugely disappointed with that episode.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I’m an AA by proxy Frau (brother is in AA) and I’ve long just assumed that

And has never stepped foot in AA meeting (or she did, once).

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Christ that Stephen Bear thread is something else. It's a shame really as he used to have quite a nice arse before he turned it into the flag of Japan.

Back on topic, I was just thinking this morning that Jack could still so easily make it all go away, all she has to do is admit she fucked up, and will make amends - the remaining squigs would still fawn over her. However, this would mean giving away some of her sweet grifted cashos, and she therefore cannot even entertain the idea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Interesting that she’s pretty quiet at a time when there are so many things she could be tweeting, like campaigns to help people with cost of living, highlighting advice, making some bleeping slop for tuppence etc. No one is going to snark on her ~genuinely~ helping people, but of course she can’t do that because she NEVER has.
Why don’t her followers realise that all they’re missing out on at the moment are the minute details of her tedious life?!
For Jack the current cost of living crisis is a way to put herself in the spotlight. Nothing is ever not about her. On the rare occasions she partners with an organisation or does something with them it is about how she is doing that. When she did the dinner lady thing with Marcus Rashford it was about how (in her own view) charming she was with him on her heels or whatever boring narrative she was selling.

She wants to be the centre of all the things, whether she is the saviour by making mr Asda change essential range or a story about her child's stuffed animal, we need to adore her because she is the bestest at it all.

• Sick
Reactions: 40
I’m an AA by proxy Frau (brother is in AA) and I’ve long just assumed that

And has never stepped foot in AA meeting (or she did, once).
I think it’s more likely to be Narcotics Anonymous.

phew! Nearly wrote Narcissist Anonymous there……..🫢

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Christ that Stephen Bear thread is something else. It's a shame really as he used to have quite a nice arse before he turned it into the flag of Japan.

Back on topic, I was just thinking this morning that Jack could still so easily make it all go away, all she has to do is admit she fucked up, and will make amends - the remaining squigs would still fawn over her. However, this would mean giving away some of her sweet grifted cashos, and she therefore cannot even entertain the idea.
his Yakut bottle is more disturbing :m

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I see that Jack has retweeted 'Things are tough, my darlings' and updated how many days sober she has been.
I do not see how helpful it is to remind people that things are tough, when she just did that 2 days ago.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I see that Jack has retweeted 'Things are tough, my darlings' and updated how many days sober she has been.
I do not see how helpful it is to remind people that things are tough, when she just did that 2 days ago.
Whenever I see this now I think of the Frau (or Herr) who coinded:"Always the victim, never the bride" phrase here a few weeks ago.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Y

you would not believe how long I spent recently looking for those. I remembered a Frau 🔺 them at the time and them being spenny and multiple
They look like the kind of thing you’d get in a Travel Lodge. I can’t believe someone would buy them and install them at home then decant shampoo, conditioner and shower gel/soap into them.
worse still she hasn’t bought shampoo for 2 years so they’re sitting there absolutely empty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I'm semi-serious in asking this. Any fraus familiar enough with 12-step programs to comment on whether public declarations of resolve are important? My understanding is that friends/family are supposed to know that you're participating in a program so that they can be supportive, and that the participant has to make commitments to the principles and the program. But I thought that humility is also part of the work, and proclaiming on social media that you'll never be brought down doesn't seem to fit with that.

Also, today's JM tweet makes me even more suspicious than I was yesterday that something big is about to break, and it won't be good for her.
I joined AA pre social media, but it was standard advice that people around you will have likely seen/heard lofty proclamations before and that actions speak louder than words. Saying 'I'm a year sober and attend AA' is wildly different than having a Guardian article published after a week or so of not drinking.

Jack, if she is in a fellowship, routinely breaks the letter and spirit of fellowship sobriety. She doesn't deal with 'life on life's terms' and as others have noted doesn't employ rigerous honesty at all times.

Tbf to Jack though, disruptive attention hoovers like her aren't unusual in AA, but they always hit the drink again, and often then deny that alcohol was an issue and often blame AA.

I remember one woman at AA saying she found out her bf had cheated on her and that the Other Woman and her were going to confront him at his workplace. Acting out this sort of drama is anathema to sober living, but it is how Jack organises and lives her life. As someone else noted, even if she is abstinent, she isn't sober.

I think Jack uses the fellowship as another agent of attention and chaos in her life. AA offers a captive audience to attention seekers, sadly, and as an old-timer pointed out to me, they're often more ill than genuine suffering alcoholics.

Imagine being someone walking into a meeting for the first time, jittery, full of delerium tremens, seeking potentially life saving help for the first time and you're confronted by an hysterical jabbering about her mum's roast potatoes.

Addiction recovery is serious business and flouncing clowns like Jack are a potential menace.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
Old timer AA Frau here 👋🏻 It’s something said at the end of most meetings often followed by ‘..it works if you work it’. Not that Jack is following the Steps in any meaningful way, otherwise she would have taken inventory, admitted her shortcomings and made amends starting with sorting out her Patreon binfire and not being such a massive dick to people online.

My personal aneurysm was the posting of a private text chat with a newcomer many threads back breaching AA safeguarding guidance to say nothing of anonymity. She may have not had a drink for 475 days, but that does not make her sober. I really want to see her turn this around, but it was her drama spinning and performative AA bollocks that brought me here and here I’m staying until I see her make some sort of amends.
"performative AA boll locks" sums her 'recovery' up and should be a thread title.

BTW, am I unusual in being a male Tattle Frau?? Curious about the gender balance in the canal.

Vonny brought me here, Jack and Russ keep me here. Often.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
"performative AA boll locks" sums her 'recovery' up and should be a thread title.

BTW, am I unusual in being a male Tattle Frau?? Curious about the gender balance in the canal.

Vonny brought me here, Jack and Russ keep me here. Often.
The vast majority of us are women. MancBee is probably the most well known/loved bloke on the thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Her stans are genuinely funnier than a lot of the people who make jokes about her on twitter these days tbh 🤣🤣! What goes thru peoples heads while writing this tit??
Interesting that here she describes the stans who message her as “sycophants” (or maybe psychopaths?!)

43CE765D-104D-49F3-BCFE-35DE585B50AE.jpeg

This is actually a very very interesting article in a lot of ways, particularly as you can tell the journalist thought she was a complete tit so challenged her on a few things and just let her to run her mouth off. it’s full of nonsense, pettiness, unpleasantness and downright lies. She comes across as a right arse.

There’s some pretty damning stuff in here, some of it a bit upsetting re her son and pets, so click with care.
PS It’s also very clear from this why she didn’t say a word when her local MP was killed in his constituency.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Yet again with the "she makes a song and dance about being trans online but says "she" pronouns are fine"

Reactions: 28
You would think my now there would be something regarding the VBI, some stats, a blueprint of the method on how it measures inflation. Plenty of interesting things has happened to the countries money, for the method to be put into practice. Yet there hasnt been much. Surely we would have seen something by now.
What do we do with the VBI once we have it? Will it be kept updated and we can point at it and say "things cost more now than they used to" and then... what?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
What do we do with the VBI once we have it? Will it be kept updated and we can point at it and say "things cost more now than they used to" and then... what?
It isn't exactly groundbreaking information, is it? Anyone (barring those who are too rich to care) setting foot in a supermarket is painfully aware of the increase in prices.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.