Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm less concerned about her drinking pre 2012 than I am about the proof in her own words that she was drinking during The Poverty despite her assurances to the contrary.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
View attachment 1656680

Nice to see this getting called out for what it is on Twitter.
All this sobriety talk does make me suspect she's going to have a dramatic breakdown and start drinking again and it'll be the fault of Tattle and Tweeters who said mean things about her disabled mum's potatoes. Whether that return to alcohol is real or not it'll help keep the FMs in line and give them something to use against anyone asking inconvenient question. "Not now! She's just fallen off the wagon because of you lot! Leave her alone! She'll die if you don't stop this nonsense!"

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
I mean who puts lines in their house (not the only lines in that house I imagine ❄) I might say I am doing some work but I would never ban my children from a room. She is vile.
Perhaps I’m being too generous but I imagined the lines were a safety feature to keep him away from the cooker? That been said, I never felt the need to do that.

Reactions: 35
I joined AA pre social media, but it was standard advice that people around you will have likely seen/heard lofty proclamations before and that actions speak louder than words. Saying 'I'm a year sober and attend AA' is wildly different than having a Guardian article published after a week or so of not drinking.

Jack, if she is in a fellowship, routinely breaks the letter and spirit of fellowship sobriety. She doesn't deal with 'life on life's terms' and as others have noted doesn't employ rigerous honesty at all times.

Tbf to Jack though, disruptive attention hoovers like her aren't unusual in AA, but they always hit the drink again, and often then deny that alcohol was an issue and often blame AA.

I remember one woman at AA saying she found out her bf had cheated on her and that the Other Woman and her were going to confront him at his workplace. Acting out this sort of drama is anathema to sober living, but it is how Jack organises and lives her life. As someone else noted, even if she is abstinent, she isn't sober.

I think Jack uses the fellowship as another agent of attention and chaos in her life. AA offers a captive audience to attention seekers, sadly, and as an old-timer pointed out to me, they're often more ill than genuine suffering alcoholics.

Imagine being someone walking into a meeting for the first time, jittery, full of delerium tremens, seeking potentially life saving help for the first time and you're confronted by an hysterical jabbering about her mum's roast potatoes.

Addiction recovery is serious business and flouncing clowns like Jack are a potential menace.
I wish I could have multiple reactions so I could give a dozen likes to this comment

Totally spot on

She’s in AA for the narc supply only and she clearly hasn’t read the BB properly either. Probably scanned the doctors opinion then went Completed it Mate

Reactions: 43
It's very disturbing. I'm not one to complain but I think Tattle should issue survivors of the Bear thread with some sort of medal or honour so that everyone knows we've seen things that no human being should ever have to see.
I am never, EVER, straying again.😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
“I started drinking in 2012 when I was on the dole — Sainsbury’s basics lager — and I never quite stopped. Jonny had no idea.”

And there we have it. Her 'poverty' was exacerbated by drinking and I reckon her parents weren't involved because she knew what they'd say about a daughter who put booze before their grandson.
Except for when she did her 1 week sober self indulgent piece in the guardian, and then she gave this version -

Screenshot_20221017-100353_Chrome.jpg

🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
Christ that Stephen Bear thread is something else. It's a shame really as he used to have quite a nice arse before he turned it into the flag of Japan.
I don't know who Stephen Bear is or why his arse resembles the Japanese flag and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
Earhole pluggers engaged 👉👨👈

• Haha
Reactions: 49
“I started drinking in 2012 when I was on the dole — Sainsbury’s basics lager — and I never quite stopped. Jonny had no idea.”

And there we have it. Her 'poverty' was exacerbated by drinking and I reckon her parents weren't involved because she knew what they'd say about a daughter who put booze before their grandson.
The whole article makes her look like the massive, egotistical knob she is. So nobody, including her son, noticed her drinking a bottle of whiskey a day? 😂
Oh Jack, the lies are cringeworthy. At least try to make them believable, it’s just so embarrassing.

Reactions: 37
I don't know who Stephen Bear is or why his arse resembles the Japanese flag and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
Earhole pluggers engaged 👉👨👈
I'm not easily shocked, but the arse thrasher 4000 raised my eyebrows I must say.

Jack, see what you've driven us to!? Get your Mediterranean arse in that kitchen and rinse some beans NOW!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
It's just occurred to me that she's got to start the VBI all over again.

She was painstakingly collating receipts from the big 4 supermarkets...She's faffed about so long that those supermarkets have now changed. Exit Morrisons; enter Aldi.

What's pixie to do, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 53

She was painstakingly collating receipts from the big 4 supermarkets...She's faffed about so long that those supermarkets have now changed. Exit Morrisons; enter Aldi.

What's pixie to do, eh?
ALDI is too far away do you want her to stop BREATHING?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Perhaps I’m being too generous but I imagined the lines were a safety feature to keep him away from the cooker? That been said, I never felt the need to do that.
Perhaps you are dear heart, probably more to stop SB 'breaking her train of thought' as described.
As another example I'd think that instead of writing another pass-agg note about the knives she'd just store them more appropriately.

1666000791847.jpeg

There's been a few occasions where I've thought to myself her house doesn't seem very child friendly or safe, kettle plonked right on the edge of the counter because of clutter behind it springs to mind. Always better to just make things safer rather than hope they 'behave themselves' or 'obey the notes', Jack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 36

What's pixie to do, eh?
Plus she no longer has access to Harold's big....car to take her :(

She will be ripping a radiator off the wall and filling the crappy Bungalow up with gas shortly.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Interesting insta post from Ching who lists nearly all of the winners but Jack conspicuously absent. Does support the theory that she didn’t attend the awards and instead collected her trophy beforehand.

2082A8C6-9EB6-475F-BBA6-C7E6D70F3925.png

p.s. pls can we leave Stephen Bear off these threads, even behind spoilers. It’s not even relatively Jack-adjacent, and he’s a sex offender. Sorry, I just don’t want to even see the name.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 103
Monroe did attend the awards ceremony. The lack of tags and fawning photographs can only be read one way: that she is toxic and people want to protect their own reputations by giving her a swerve.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
"SB had no idea I was drinking" - of course he didn't, he was two years old, that doesn't make it OK!
I'm in two minds about what the truth behind her drinking is - pure speculation m'lud, but I believe that she was a binge drinker, but not reliant on alcohol, and that she's elevenerifed that for victim points while moving onto other substances that are more expensive and easier to cover up.

And yes, at 2 years old, SB wouldn't have "known" that she was drinking, but it would absolutely have affected his emotional development if it was a long term thing. She's admitted missing school assemblies, going on three day benders, there's the article where she writes about him having an asthma attack (which, as an asthmatic mum of two asthmatic children was bollocks in itself anyway) and saying "thank duck I'm sober", but imagine all the times he would've been ill or upset and she wasn't sober. He would have grown up with the realisation that he can't rely on his mum for his most basic needs. (I have a family member who used to drink like this - she has settled down somewhat now, but her kid is far more self-reliant and anxious than an eight year old should be.)

Also, single mums with no support can't go on three day benders without social services getting involved.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.