Jack Monroe #415 Her campaigning amounts to her talking about being a campaigner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🙋‍♀️ Excuse me, question from the back. Apologies, I’ve had a busy few weeks and haven’t been fully following twitter or tattle so not sure of the detail or source of this…I’ve seen a couple of mentions, on twitter, of Jack being investigated by action fraud, Molly has mentioned it in a recent tweet. How do we know this for sure, are there receipts and if so can someone point me to them?
TIA you evil troll bastards 🙏🏼
There’s this x

246F97CF-EFFA-4879-895F-60A8CCEECEE6.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Dear heart @colouredlines evicted from her home with a three year old? Do we have any eviction details? I feel if she was “actually” evicted we’d never hear the end of it- the bailiffs threw her to the pavement snarling “should have kept your legs shut” etc
In a shocking twist, Jack appears to be lying about this.

I once made a list of all the times she moved house from Oct '11 to the present day. Spotty internet right now but if anyone wants the full details, search my post history you'll find it. Based on what she was posting online, Jack has never been evicted.

(It is theoretically possible that Jack was so embarrassed about being evicted that she didn't mention it...but this is a woman who has no shame in admitting that she wears the same pair of leggings several days in a row.)

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Just looked at the photos from the awards night.
Everyone looks sensational (especially Grace Dent 😍), everyone is mingling and chatting and laughing and generally having a wonderful evening with like-minded pals.

Jack Monroe was also there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
In a shocking twist, Jack appears to be lying about this.

I once made a list of all the times she moved house from Oct '11 to the present day. Spotty internet right now but if anyone wants the full details, search my post history you'll find it. Based on what she was posting online, Jack has never been evicted.

(It is theoretically possible that Jack was so embarrassed about being evicted that she didn't mention it...but this is a woman who has no shame in admitting that she wears the same pair of leggings several days in a row.)
Sorry for treating you like a personal google, dear heart, but I knew that you would know off the top of your head.
Frauen- research the eviction mentions!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
That is really deep and philosophical. Jack should stick it on a t-shirt. :ROFLMAO:
I would reply to this but right now I’m in paint typing it out in Comic Sans and adding ‘Dorito Tamales’ to the bottom of it in handwritten script.

It will be available to buy on Teemill for 30 quid in due course.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I don’t remember if it was commented on at the time, but Jack is so inept that she clearly intended to publish Hungrier and Hurtier 2022: Solar Light Boogaloo on the exact 10 year anniversary of the original HH. Except she missed it by a day. #FORENSIC. #Fuckwit.
873E2708-ECF3-4097-A4A7-5B828191277F.jpeg

58C755FA-CECC-4964-82D3-2B84B5C997DF.jpeg

E09A6F93-DF88-4BA8-B0C3-CA3C630B6D3B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Sorry for treating you like a personal google, dear heart, but I knew that you would know off the top of your head.
Frauen- research the eviction mentions!
TBH having thought about it more, there is one time it potentially makes sense - when she left the mirror kitchen place and moved into a shared house (not back with her parents, before anyone starts - lots of talk of landlady and lodgers at the time. For whatever reason, Jack has always refused to move back home, no matter how much sense it would make).

That was in summer 2013 and she started speaking about it post-move, while the previous move (autumn 2012) was discussed at length beforehand. She claims she moved into the shared place to save money (this was after her book deal apparently led to her benefits being stopped).

This is getting into conspiracy territory which I don't usually like, but I would hazard a guess that if she was evicted, it was after months of unpaid rent etc and she didn't want to bring attention to it.

That's also the only questionable move that fits her son being 3 at the time. They moved more times that year, but for more obviously compelling reasons (in with fiancée; out after getting dumped; out after a temporary stay; in with Allegra).

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Just had a look at her Twitter. It's bleeping maddening that all she has to do is drop a little 'woe is me' and suddenly everyone's back to licking her pumble

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
The suit that Jack wore to go awards is the same one (or a least the exact style) as the one in the Diva photo shoot. The differing length of the jacket leads me to strongly suspect that Jack's photoshopped head has been superimposed onto the body of someone with a much longer torso.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
TBH having thought about it more, there is one time it potentially makes sense - when she left the mirror kitchen place and moved into a shared house (not back with her parents, before anyone starts - lots of talk of landlady and lodgers at the time. For whatever reason, Jack has always refused to move back home, no matter how much sense it would make).

That was in summer 2013 and she started speaking about it post-move, while the previous move (autumn 2012) was discussed at length beforehand. She claims she moved into the shared place to save money (this was after her book deal apparently led to her benefits being stopped).

This is getting into conspiracy territory which I don't usually like, but I would hazard a guess that if she was evicted, it was after months of unpaid rent etc and she didn't want to bring attention to it.

That's also the only questionable move that fits her son being 3 at the time. They moved more times that year, but for more obviously compelling reasons (in with fiancée; out after getting dumped; out after a temporary stay; in with Allegra).

May I please pick your brain, CL?

Have you found any reason why Big Dave never supplied a home for her & SB from the property portfolio? That's always seemed so strange to me.

ETA; not like given her a home, just rented her one. It's strange it never seemed to be offered.

Reactions: 37
Within the same two week period, in fact. And look! It’s not just humiliating trousers her and Big D have in common, she’s put lots of letters after her name too!
View attachment 1652360
View attachment 1652361
The Special thank you to her child's father was the article that really made me question Jack. I'd caught little snippets of her before but didn't pay much attention to all of it. But Jack had always presented herself as a single mum, left to look after her child with little to no mention of a father. When I read this, it was , hang on, so everything you have previously written was lies, and if you've lied about your child's father for so long , is anything actually true, and well, we all know the answer now.

Hopefully the slow fade will continue and Jack will have less of a platform to continue scamming people.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
going back a few pages, this bit from her blog from November 2013 has enraged me.

my very first aid course back in the brownies around the time that Jack was born taught us that you lose heat through your head the fastest. It is a well established fact. Who the duck does she think she is with her “apparently”s?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Have you found any reason why Big Dave never supplied a home for her & SB from the property portfolio? That's always seemed so strange to me.

ETA; not like given her a home, just rented her one. It's strange it never seemed to be offered.
My guesses would be 1) tenants in situ 2) beneath her and wouldn’t accept

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Big Dave has seen how she treats other rentals, not only would she trash it, getting rent out of her would be like getting blood out of a stone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

I dunno, it could just be for fairness reasons? With 4 kids, giving a home to one of them can lead to years of tension, drama, Mumsnet threads, etc.

One thing that I think is really clear is that Jack's relationship with her parents was pretty bad all the way through the Poverty. Whether that's due to a specific falling out or just general problems, we can't say. But there's something incredibly weird about her not moving home - I think most people who have a decent relationship with their folks, and who are still in the same town, would do that in a heartbeat, no?

That, combined with her leaving home at an unusually young age, and other factors (her weird fixation with spending Xmas alone etc), suggests that there were underlying issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
going back a few pages, this bit from her blog from November 2013 has enraged me.

my very first aid course back in the brownies around the time that Jack was born taught us that you lose heat through your head the fastest. It is a well established fact. Who the duck does she think she is with her “apparently”s?
Sorry, but the Brownies played you false.

It's actually a myth that you lose most heat through your head. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/dec/17/medicalresearch-humanbehaviour

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.