Jack Monroe #415 Her campaigning amounts to her talking about being a campaigner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely with all her conditions/ailments/disabilities, etc, she must be eligible for disability benefits? Because if she's as disabled as she says: walks with a stick/can't climb the stairs of her crappy (bungalow?) to get to her very bed/ crumbling bones/arthritis/ADHD! and everything else she says she has wrong with her, she'd be stupid not to be claiming something. If I had half those things wrong with me I'd be onto whatever dept pronto.

Must admit I'm not terribly au fait with the benefits system, but I'm sure I read somewhere that some disability claims aren't means tested, so if she's in need of financial help, despite any of her earnings/grifting/scrounging, she can still claim something? And I'm sure with all her contacts she'd know how to appeal if she was turned down - which I'm sure if what she says is genuine, she wouldn't be, anyway. So how is she so hard up and struggling all of the time as she says she is?

More than one thing just doesn't add up, and I'm glad it's all starting to hit the fan. There are people who are genuinely struggling, people with genuine disabilities & ailments, people who don't have the sort of support or publicity that she has. This is what makes me so angry! She's been making up hard-luck stories for so long - for likes and for £, and she has absolutely no idea what it's like for those in the real world of poverty.
Yes, she could claim Personal Independence Payments - they are not means tested.

Reactions: 23
Someone posted that interesting set of photos the other day. You could go back through time in them and there is a distinct change in nose from pre-Aleggra to post.
I was gonna point this out on a previous thread but I would not be surprised if Leggy is partial to a bit of the old high life, if the wild, unfocused look in her eyes in various pix taken at parties and awards events is anything to go by.

However I don’t attribute Jacks possible proclivities to Leggy any more than I blame Leggy for Jacks tendency to buy expensive furniture and Knick knacks to give her house that “cluttered aristo” look. It’s clear to me that Jack had a taste for the finer things in life way before she met Leggy. I mean this is a woman who raised 3 GRAND from a car boot sale at the age of 21. At that age, a sale of my possessions would’ve raised a few hundred quid at best, and I think my experience is more likely to be the norm.

Also wanna add that the 3 pairs of tights thing is such pity fishing. Sure we’ve all work long Johns under pyjamas at some point. But honestly if you need to layer clothing to keep warm then the only area you really need to worry about is your core. Unless you’re lost in the Arctic Circle, your limbs will take care of themselves.

Anyway, as other Fraus have pointed out, the obvious solution at this point would be to move to a small and easy to heat flat. I live on an upper floor of my block and I wont need to put the heating on for ages as it gets toasty from the heat from all the flats below.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Briefly reflecting on the fact that Jack is Tweeting less now than when she said she had quit social media because she was getting death threats and being called slurs for Black people (?) so she bought a Nokia feature phone and was now writing from the library every day, taking brief planned breaks to look at Twitter when she was on the toilet. Well maybe she was partly telling the truth there, libraries have computers ....

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Within the same two week period, in fact. And look! It’s not just humiliating trousers her and Big D have in common, she’s put lots of letters after her name too!
View attachment 1652360
View attachment 1652361
Dear heart @colouredlines evicted from her home with a three year old? Do we have any eviction details? I feel if she was “actually” evicted we’d never hear the end of it- the bailiffs threw her to the pavement snarling “should have kept your legs shut” etc

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ve tried to search but can’t find it but has it been said she actually does have a lingering honk? Or are we just thinking she honks, cause let’s be serious, she looks like she reeks
She manages to look clean in most photos, but then you see photos like the sideboard shots or the thrice worn jeans and just think, eww.

• Sick
  • Haha
I have some interesting info for y’all. Did you know Jack is “Sort of the nation’s home economics teacher”?!

901763E0-8CD8-42C8-9C2A-CB6E21B56DE5.jpeg

She also wheels out that anecdote about the grim “feijoada” she delighted both the Bournemouth Echo and BBC Scotland with (3 years apart in 2019 and 2022). Apparently this time it looked like

5194FB73-6B8A-41D1-A340-95FA076CD9E4.jpeg

until she did the MAVERICK move of putting “basic spices” in it and walking away.

Oh and PS
Have we really though, Jack? Cos I don’t think “we’ve established that” at all, you great grim Slop Monkey

267586D0-5799-451F-B9A0-A47603CEBEDD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
BiB’s: I’ve done this and I didn’t mean to. I’ve done it loads of times.
a couple of years ago I had a life changing event which has left me with PTSD, with a prognosis of 7-10 years. I manage fine most of the time but around the anniversary of the event I experience flashbacks, traumatic dreams and thoughts, and get the shakes and other physical reactions.
In the immediate aftermath of the event and probably for about a year afterwards, I had what I can only describe as a mental breakdown. I was still going to work to try and keep some kind of normality but I wasn’t functioning. On reflection now, I feel like I told everyone who made eye contact with me about the event that happened. I had no personal experience of trauma before this and never realised my talking about it could potentially trigger other people.
it upsets me now when I recall how freely I spoke about what happened, and how I had no regard for the person hearing about it unprepared.
i feel so guilty for it, but I honestly had no experience of personal mental health before then and to an extent never realised what I was doing. 🥺
I think that’s totally different Lazarus ❤. Doing it inadvertently while you’re desperately trying to process something is absolute worlds apart from Jack who has a consistent history of deliberately using traumatic events to try to silence people, breadcrumb for sympathy and generally being Jack (especially as I doubt the veracity of many of her accounts).

• Heart
Reactions: 67
100% this. So many people are snotty about new builds and yes they don't have cute character and period features but their energy ratings are often fab. I do live in the south of the UK but we haven't even had to think about putting the heating on yet. You just know she thinks living in one is beneath her though.
I know Southend’s housing stock fairly well, and at the time of The Poverty there wouldn’t have been much in the way of affordable new builds available to a single mum - what new build stock there was was largely the “executive living” type of place towards the toppier end of the rental market, views of the Thames, blah blah. So in fairness to Jack it probably wasn’t an option at the time. A lot of new build style housing has happened in the town in recent years, but that’s actually old offices that have been converted under permitted development rules and aren’t great to live in (I have friends who did it for a while but moved out of them ASAP 🔺). Period conversions were (are still, I think) the majority of the BTL flat market in Southend, and at Jack’s assumed price point - LHA rates or thereabouts - they would have been what was available to her.

I lived in plenty of the colder conversions in the town myself, as a poor person on my own (no kid to keep me warm!), Primark thermals, hot water bottles, knitted socks, and an electric blanket* was how I’d cope with the winters.

*a single one in a double bed, was £15 from Argos

• Heart
Reactions: 43
bleeping hell did I just read a whole blog post telling me that if I’m cold I should put another layer on? 🤦🏻‍♀️

(P.S sorry but the tights thing is gross. When I had to wear them for school I felt disgusting if I ran out and had to wear them two days in a row, let alone doing it on the regular 🤮)

EDIT this advice is also groundbreaking
View attachment 1652236
Does she seriously think people are this stupid?! That they need to be told this?
The idea that people in the UK need to be told to boil the kettle and make a warm drink. Just proves she's never has a proper job. Literally every workplace in this country runs on tea, no matter what line of work you're in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It’s absolutely vomit-inducing, so gird your loins, prepare for self-congratulatory nonsensical ramblings, exaggeration and downright fibs from the “Food Hero”

How’s this as an example of how much things have changed for her since she hit publish on that blog post at the end of July and then Molly appeared etc?! This is from the before times, thousands upon thousands of likes comments retweets, a tit ton of fawning. Then and now, Jack. Then and now. Over egged the cake a bit too much with that blog post, pal.

You can click the link to read the full self congratulatory essay. “ALL THANKS TO ME ME ME ME ME ME ME I, JACK MONROE. LOOK UPON ME AND FAWN ADORINGLY, MASSES”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
🙋‍♀️ Excuse me, question from the back. Apologies, I’ve had a busy few weeks and haven’t been fully following twitter or tattle so not sure of the detail or source of this…I’ve seen a couple of mentions, on twitter, of Jack being investigated by action fraud, Molly has mentioned it in a recent tweet. How do we know this for sure, are there receipts and if so can someone point me to them?
TIA you evil troll bastards 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The idea that people in the UK need to be told to boil the kettle and make a warm drink. Just proves she's never has a proper job. Literally every workplace in this country runs on tea, no matter what line of work you're in.
This is tea, along with copious amounts of cake xx

• Haha
Reactions: 27
25 mins in a microwave. I thought the whole point of cooking that way was speed. Its nearly the same time as an oven cooked brownie and if your sensible there is hardly any washing up then too.
I’m stunned a microwave can even do 25 min continuous stints surely that can’t be good. Part cooking a jacket potato in the microwave for 10 mins feels like you’re pushing ur health and safety luck - microwaving a sugary liquid for 25 mins is the precursor to a scene out of layer cake/top boy and not something you’d ever do outside of a GBH situ? The state of that microwave after too, it’d be like tar?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Oh PS: and as if it needs saying, this is bollocks
F3B1FC1B-8153-4605-BB14-82A68EF537C9.jpeg

She didn’t cry in the supermarket at jam going up 6p, she wrote a stupid post about it going up to £40 by the end of the year, and they didn’t have to “face a week of bone dry toast” because wasn’t actually buying it during that food shop, nor was it a £10 shop. She was buying “(fromage frais, apples, rice pudding, orange and grapefruit juice and lots of kidney beans, if you’re curious)”. Because they were STARVING with NO FRIDGE and she was resorting to prostitution and stealing food to survive.
She did have a little tantrum and a cry in the Sainsbos Hammersmith in 2015 when she was living with Leggy rent free and palming the carrots though. She says it in the title but not in the post itself.
😝 my phone autocorrected fromage frais to…grimace Fraus 😝 PERFECT!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I know Southend’s housing stock fairly well, and at the time of The Poverty there wouldn’t have been much in the way of affordable new builds available to a single mum - what new build stock there was was largely the “executive living” type of place towards the toppier end of the rental market, views of the Thames, blah blah. So in fairness to Jack it probably wasn’t an option at the time. A lot of new build style housing has happened in the town in recent years, but that’s actually old offices that have been converted under permitted development rules and aren’t great to live in (I have friends who did it for a while but moved out of them ASAP 🔺). Period conversions were (are still, I think) the majority of the BTL flat market in Southend, and at Jack’s assumed price point - LHA rates or thereabouts - they would have been what was available to her.

I lived in plenty of the colder conversions in the town myself, as a poor person on my own (no kid to keep me warm!), Primark thermals, hot water bottles, knitted socks, and an electric blanket* was how I’d cope with the winters.

*a single one in a double bed, was £15 from Argos
This may explain why she said she lived in an executive apartment when she was working at the fire service call centre command

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
View attachment 1652422

Something or a smol someone has rattled the flying monkey's cages.
Probably Jack's 'poor me' post last night about her horrible 24 hours.

I would not put it pass Jack to go for the fake pregnancy ending in a fake miscarriage lie, and blaming AM for it because of the stress. It's not a nice thought, but it's a true narc tactic. Conjecture m'lud obvs.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
I was gonna point this out on a previous thread but I would not be surprised if Leggy is partial to a bit of the old high life, if the wild, unfocused look in her eyes in various pix taken at parties and awards events is anything to go by.

However I don’t attribute Jacks possible proclivities to Leggy any more than I blame Leggy for Jacks tendency to buy expensive furniture and Knick knacks to give her house that “cluttered aristo” look. It’s clear to me that Jack had a taste for the finer things in life way before she met Leggy. I mean this is a woman who raised 3 GRAND from a car boot sale at the age of 21. At that age, a sale of my possessions would’ve raised a few hundred quid at best, and I think my experience is more likely to be the norm.

Also wanna add that the 3 pairs of tights thing is such pity fishing. Sure we’ve all work long Johns under pyjamas at some point. But honestly if you need to layer clothing to keep warm then the only area you really need to worry about is your core. Unless you’re lost in the Arctic Circle, your limbs will take care of themselves.

Anyway, as other Fraus have pointed out, the obvious solution at this point would be to move to a small and easy to heat flat. I live on an upper floor of my block and I wont need to put the heating on for ages as it gets toasty from the heat from all the flats below.
When i am chilly i am all for a dresssing gown over my clothes. Whilst walking around and sitting under a fleece blanket when sitting on the sofa. This is what I have been doing whilst waiting a bit later to put the heating on, the kids have started doing likewise. If and when it gets proper cold we will bung the heating on for a bit.

Reactions: 33
I don’t know what Jack is planning to claim was the bad 24 hours but if she’s seen the speculation about the cut of her suit (if it’s not true) I suspect she’ll be changing her story to one of her previous awful claims as I type.
I’m assuming one of the contributing factors will have been the barrage of incredulous responses to the Observer’s tweet announcing she was a winner 😂

• Haha
Probably Jack's 'poor me' post last night about her horrible 24 hours.

I would not put it pass Jack to go for the fake pregnancy ending in a fake miscarriage lie, and blaming AM for it because of the stress. It's not a nice thought, but it's a true narc tactic. Conjecture m'lud obvs.
I mean, she used it (multiples thereof, recent, during a short lived relationship of mere months) when someone friendly to her had the audacity to make a fairly benign comment on Twitter about the new dog. So yeah, it’s absolutely feasible

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.