Jack Monroe #415 Her campaigning amounts to her talking about being a campaigner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when Jack lived in the cold and mould and damp with no heat and no LIGHTBULBS and no carpets and no fridge for TWO YEARS from December 2011 to December 2013?

F10CFC43-741D-4014-95DC-DF550B533760.jpeg

Well I’ve discovered this very interesting perky and upbeat blog post on how to keep warm from November 2013, yes the same 2013 where she resorted to “prostitution and stealing food to survive”. Here she is living in a flat with big bay windows and wooden floors (I know right, sounds like a right hovel), taking warm showers and posting cutesy selfies and exclamation! filled tips and tricks! She sounds TOTALLY traumatized
01D338CA-21E3-40F1-9626-9DC564811411.jpeg
in the ‘cold and mould and damp’ here
Oh and also wearing the same pairs of tights and leggings under jeans for ‘a few days’ on the bounce, hanging them to ‘air and freshen up overnight’ 🤢🤢🤢but we won’t go into that 🤢🤢🤢 because this post is about her MASSIVE MANIPULATIVE FIBS not general mingingness.

ETA this is also within the same two year timeframe she “lived rough”. bleep

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Remember when Jack lived in the cold and mould and damp with no heat and no LIGHTBULBS and no carpets and no fridge for TWO YEARS from December 2011 to December 2013?

View attachment 1652192

Well I’ve discovered this very interesting perky and upbeat blog post on how to keep warm from November 2013, yes the same 2013 where she resorted to “prostitution and stealing food to survive”. Here she is living in a flat with big bay windows and wooden floors (I know right, sounds like a right hovel), taking warm showers and posting cutesy selfies and exclamation! filled tips and tricks! She sounds TOTALLY traumatized
View attachment 1652220in the ‘cold and mould and damp’ here
Oh and also wearing the same pairs of tights and leggings under jeans for ‘a few days’ on the bounce, hanging them to ‘air and freshen up overnight’ 🤢🤢🤢but we won’t go into that 🤢🤢🤢
Ugh, she’s such a bleep. And still people won’t see

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

View attachment 1652192

Oh and also wearing the same pairs of tights and leggings under jeans for ‘a few days’ on the bounce, hanging them to ‘air and freshen up overnight’ 🤢🤢🤢but we won’t go into that 🤢🤢🤢 because this post is about her MASSIVE MANIPULATIVE FIBS not general mingingness.

Edit 🥕
"I mean, how dirty are they going to get under a pair of jeans anyway?" Christ no wonder there's a lingering honk, she thinks clothes only get dirty from the outside

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

View attachment 1652192

Edit 🥕
Aside from the utter contradiction of being lightbulbless & having hot showers etc this is the most pitiful dimwitted advice. It's sub take a break tips quality 'pull your bed covers over your head & call it bed camping' JESUSCHRISTALMIGHTY

• Haha
Reactions: 41

View attachment 1652192

bleeping hell did I just read a whole blog post telling me that if I’m cold I should put another layer on? 🤦🏻‍♀️

(P.S sorry but the tights thing is gross. When I had to wear them for school I felt disgusting if I ran out and had to wear them two days in a row, let alone doing it on the regular 🤮)

EDIT this advice is also groundbreaking
48B4EDBB-C92B-4FCE-AB95-0901B92E6568.jpeg

Does she seriously think people are this stupid?! That they need to be told this?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 67

View attachment 1652192

Quoting myself, but very noticeable also that the starving single mother raising a child alone gives him barely a cursory mention throughout (and then just about how he keeps HER warm running about after him first thing in the morning), while prattling all about herself and her room being the warm one in the house. Let’s hope he was already at his Dad’s place by then and away from this self absorbed manipulative nitwit

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 59

View attachment 1652192

Same two year timeframe that she was inviting strangers from a fb group over to her home for tea and cake then? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Looking at the photos from the event, most of the winners are posing happily with other chefs/writers/industry people etc. Jack is photographed with a suit from the Observer.

Makes you think...(that nobody else wanted to be pictured with her)

https://www.theguardian.com/food/ga...d-monthly-awards-2022-the-winners-in-pictures
You're a clever ninny to have noticed that, dear heart. Can't see her on the video posted on the Observer's insta (albeit, I recognise she is smol enough to be invisible to the naked eye).

Bet she popped in for the photo during set-up (see all awards behind her still lined up) and then LEFT.

Reactions: 30
"I mean, how dirty are they going to get under a pair of jeans anyway?" Christ no wonder there's a lingering honk, she thinks clothes only get dirty from the outside
Especially if she’s also claiming not to take regular showers at the time. Why does she think poor people are all dirty disgusting urchins? I’ve been poorer, I’ve been richer, I’ve never had a lingering honk. At least not one that’s ever been commented on anyway.

Reactions: 36
Maybe if you suffered from the cold, don’t keep moving to cold rentals. Maybe prioritise finding somewhere small with smaller windows with double glazing and good installation. Rather than say a massive detached property.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
"You can't start a fire
You can't start a chaos without a spark
This cook's for hire
Even if she's just dancing, bein' a big fuckin' narc"

I hate my brain. Spruce Bringswede - there's her karaoke name.

Also, away from the butchered Springsteen lyrics, I do find myself reading her shite and I'm suddenly singing like Frankie Valli - "oh what a narc".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Oh and “BRRR!!” with the ‘bay window hot showers, pasta, porridge and bed camping’ was in this time period described here too.

Guardian, 2014
488959DD-FD81-4380-AD60-A0A21BC7C2F9.jpeg

Vogue 2021
2A7D9353-D1AF-4F63-9D12-90D89F350F52.jpeg

Guardian 2022
A4EA8D5A-309F-4213-AA9F-F6ABAF074E36.jpeg

Also 2022
9752BCA2-1A54-4303-9D0F-76C45B3604BC.jpeg
Southend Fraus, I have a question. In the two year period from approximately the end of 2011 to end of 2013, was there no spring, summer or autumn in the Southend area? Did a fearsome cold chill and darkness fall upon the land in November 2011 that didn’t lift until 2014 hove into view bringing with it sunlight, warmth and four distinct seasons? And a rich, famous, toff girlfriend with a massive house in London?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
Maybe if you suffered from the cold, don’t keep moving to cold rentals. Maybe prioritise finding somewhere small with smaller windows with double glazing and good installation. Rather than say a massive detached property.
At the time of that post - and I hate that I know this off the top of my head - she had just broken up with her police fiancée, so moved out of the home they'd shared (for about 2 months) and into a place that a friend had available temporarily. This was only ever a very short-term arrangement (IIRC the friend was selling the flat), but nevertheless inspired gnashing and wailing when she had to move on.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I have been thinking all she could have said was a lovely evening out at the awards. Thanks to all of you that voted( lol) now back to reality. Done and done, with no saddishing allowed.

Especially if she’s also claiming not to take regular showers at the time. Why does she think poor people are all dirty disgusting urchins? I’ve been poorer, I’ve been richer, I’ve never had a lingering honk. At least not one that’s ever been commented on anyway.
My mum grew up poor and then when we were young we were poor, yet because both my parents worked they didnt get help from the government, yet we had very little money.

We never ever smelled, we ate well, normally meat and spud dinners, my mum mostly baked our cakes etc and that wasnt often. Etc. I dont wanna poor me. But she makes people on the breadline seem feckless and minging. Its insulting!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
100% this. So many people are snotty about new builds and yes they don't have cute character and period features but their energy ratings are often fab. I do live in the south of the UK but we haven't even had to think about putting the heating on yet. You just know she thinks living in one is beneath her though.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
At the time of that post - and I hate that I know this off the top of my head - she had just broken up with her police fiancée, so moved out of the home they'd shared (for about 2 months) and into a place that a friend had available temporarily. This was only ever a very short-term arrangement (IIRC the friend was selling the flat), but nevertheless inspired gnashing and wailing when she had to move on.
Spoiled little tit. It’s obviously utter bollocks that the bailiffs kept banging on her door too. How the duck would the poor sods even know where to find her?

It’s almost painful that this doofus has never once been capable of making a single sensible life choice, and remains that way in her mid 30s. I really don’t think there’s much hope for her.

And no Jack I don’t want you DEAD, I’m just flabbergasted that virtually every adult decision you appear to have taken has been a bleeping stupid one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.