Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s almost like she’s created that list for Tattle to decipher.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I can't even say I've got ADHD as I'm on the fecking waiting list but jesus that wall sheet thing gives me anxiety. You're meant to try and order the hundred channels of information and wild shouting in your brain... that's what I have to do without meds anyway😂

How long do you think she'll stick to this sheet thing? As many weeks as her Sunday shop? As many days at letdown larder 2.0? As many hours as staying away from Twitter?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Slightly concerned she hasn't added "run from a vampire" to her to do list.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Gotta say I could properly go for a mince pie donut. Although Jacks would probably contain a dash of cat tit due to her maverick brain.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
View attachment 313774
I’ll spare you the disgusting pic again but this is the insta write up of the horrid porridge. Horridge. It’s never a cereal kind of day, although I get the sad feeling that would make SB shriek and bounce. I really do hope, despite the food waste that this goes straight in the bin and he has a bowl of frosties. It’d be better for him.

ETA - ‘Pooling banana juices’ has honestly made me feel grim.
Are they all bubbling in boiling banana juices or what? 😂🤔

Reactions: 11
God imagine living there.

" tit I need a pen quick for my very important job"
"No!!! Not those pens, they are ALL mine, go buy your own pens!
"I only need it to write this down its life-changing pet"
*Sighs petulantly* "erm read the sign"

As she throws another blob of jelly into the fermenting curry.
End scene.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Screenshot_20201117-183234_Twitter.jpg

"stash for future excoriation" who writes this tit down, let alone colours it in and broadcasts it to the world?!

also, thinking of "zingers" and retaining them for future use is all a bit Mr Collins in pride+prejudice, innit 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I’ve just had a thought. You know how Jack is all of a sudden sending strangers books, you don’t think there could of been anyway she caught wind of MR’s book club early so it’s a “well Jack done it first sort of thing?

Reactions: 20
Mince pie donut ingredients if anyone was interested 😂
So, like, call me out if I’m getting a bit QAnon here, but we’ve all noticed that JM seems to plagiarise quite a lot of her recipes from slimming world forums etc. Anyway it seems really weird to me that she’d have a recipe written out in ounces? The imperial system was dead like, over 30 years before she was born and it clearly isn’t a recipe she has taken from family and knows well because she didn’t know how the dough would rise when questioned by a squiggle.

It implies she’s taken it from a US source. Anyway, just noting that all my favourite food blogs borrow from other sources but always, always credit and link to the original. Don’t think I recall seeing that in a bootstrap recipe...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.