Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Afternoon Cable,
I have a question for @SweetTransvestite. Sweetie T, what is the purpose of that burger related object? Would it be for (clears throat) stimulation or is it a novelty container for bubble bath?🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Apologies for the crappy picture, my room is rather cave like, but wtf have they done to the pasta? It looks far worse than Jack's. I did used to make this semi regularly, not realising until I joined the canal, that I'd been entirely ignoring most of Jack's instructions (turn the pasta down. Wtf?)

Anyway, one grandad was a spy, and I can't 🔺 to save my life. The other taught welding, and it's safest for everyone that the closest I've ever been to that was the husband, who was a welder/fabricator
View attachment 1632825
YOGHURT IN A CARBONARA? WHAT IN THE EVER-LIVING duck?
I guess all dairy is interchangeable. Why not just slop some UHT Milk in there for a delicious creamy taste?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
It’s funny how many people tagging Jack in their food posts say that they ‘adapted’ the recipe 😂

ETA it’s a minor point, but I don’t think I’ve seen ‘value Brie’? I have seen very cheap hard cheese though (eg Creamfields at Tesco) surely hard cheese lasts longer too?
Tesco has a Creamfields brie, though it has bugger all taste and is really firm. Some budget hard Italian cheese, freshly grated, would add more flavour, and there would plenty left to use for other meals.

Reactions: 24
Surprised to see Jack say her family weren't poor in the Edwina tantrum article. What of the parents having to skip dinner because they couldn't afford food for themselves and most heartbreaking of all Big Dave hitchhiking in his humiliating trousers?

View attachment 1632736
Big Dave’s humiliating trousers will never not make me laugh.
How long is she going to be LEFT for? I’m on maternity leave, I need chaoses to distract me from looking after my child while I wait for my next one to turn up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
This made me snort out loud. It’s in response to the sock account that no longer exists.
The hoop-rinsing bit is funny, but the dead-naming is unpleasant.
A number of people have dead-named her in the comments recently; one of them asked her if her name was Melissa. Her name is Jack, Squig. Don’t be a dick, because then you’re as bad as the FMs with their childish name-calling.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Big Dave’s humiliating trousers will never not make me laugh.
How long is she going to be LEFT for? I’m on maternity leave, I need chaoses to distract me from looking after my child while I wait for my next one to turn up.
Obviously Teemill, Patreon and all the other grifting stuff is important but I really want to see some press attention devoted to the sheer psychedelic oddness of Jack's stories. Surely it's not too much trouble for a journalist to sit Jack down and ask why Dave's trousers were so humiliating.

I'm also getting a bit frustrated with the lack of chaos to the point that I am prepared to use cashos to bribe Jack to make a prick of herself today.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
My grandad (DEAD) had a moustache all of his adult life. This is why I now refuse to immac mine. I’m channeling YOU, grandad! Be proud of me 😇
My Grandad used to send my brother and I to the shop on a Saturday to buy a box of Jelly Babies, he would open the box, take out all the black ones for himself then let us share the rest. In memory of him I buy jelly babies, take out a black one, give it a little willy then eat it, that sounds inappropriate now it’s written down🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I'm currently looking for something Grandad of Jack related.
Found an interesting link.

Also the greengage jam paints a disgustingly vivid picture of the state of his guesthouse.
View attachment 1632598
It all reads like some GCSE writing project. Actually I remember describing a Formica table in an English piece when I was in year 6 (my parents kept all my schoolwork, I’ve seen it. Evidently I was a child prodigy just like Jack!)

And why was she watching him intently while he rolled a fag? I loved my grandad so much, but I never sat and stared at him, it would’ve been creepy

Also, resentful of the parents much for cutting down the tree! Maybe it all started there

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Bread and Jam was never intended to be an extra income stream though. She quit a job (retail IIRC) to start it - not even testing the waters by doing it on the side for a while first.

2012 employment off the top of my head, although I'm sure I posted the receipts somewhere:

Nov '11: quits fire service
spring '12: gets job in bar/cafe. Quits about a month(?) later
later spring '12: gets another job. Fired after a week
summer '12: no paid employment but lots of volunteering
autumn '12: gets job, I think retail. Quits after 1 - 2 months to become full-time crafter.
around the same time: starts writing weekly column for the Southend Echo (quite poorly paid - she didn't start working there as a full-time reporter until early '13. Then she quit that 6 months later.)

It's amazing how much of the Poverty was just Jack being too lazy to stick to a job.

She was also - and I say this as a sewing frau - trying to sell handmade clothes, while being unable to sew for tit. This is not just a little bad, this is horrendous:

View attachment 1632407

I actually think her sewing may be worse than her cooking?

PS @Valiofthedolls when you get to the one about how she doesn't need to be on a 10£ budget but she sticks to it because it's so much fun, and she and SB are healthy and chubby etc, you're in for a treat. Those old blogs are a goldmine.
Edit to spoiler so OG fraus and others can skip past 2012-2013 mither if they want
Yeah, I’ve been reading about her volunteering during The Poverty, and found it interesting that despite what she says to the national media in 2013 about quitting the fire service because it’s “inherently wrong to foist your child on someone else” while you work, seems she actually had no such compunction. Or at least none while “volunteering as a PA” to “contribute something back to the community” How is being her dad’s solicitor mate Geoff’s PA (or whoever’s PA it was) “contributing something back to the community”?
1F7FD64D-7E87-4C08-ABD8-4CA01EA54838.jpeg

Another interesting trip down memory lane. Once again, she’s fine with “foisting” her child so she can work (that must have been a uniquely specific fire service thing), but does anything else sound familiar?!
395109BD-89E1-4228-8FE4-EF2116EBDC12.jpeg

So not her first downsize to one bedroom, then. FFS, does she say anything whatsoever original these days, or is it just regurgitated overly egged melodramatic trauma filled versions of things that were perfectly perfunctory back then?

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
Has he deleted this now?
Yes, see previous comments in thread.

Reactions: 9
He seems to have deleted everything since Sunday’s roast post. Yesterday’s twatter was a bit of a pickle for him so I think he’s deleted the lot. He did respond to the tweet the article’s below’s about, saying with honesty that he’d been a bit of a head (JACK -- LEARN) and apologising to leopards. Understandably, I think, Manchester has cracking places to eat and this woman needs to get out of her arse and off insta. Anyways.

Apologies for the MEN ads: why Gary Usher has had better Twatter days:
He does that - he also changes his Twitter handle fairly regularly... and often will just delete every single tweet. And doesn't think twice about admitting when he'd got things wrong.

And talking of Manchester eateries - Mana - one of the single best places I've ever eaten in my life. Sublime.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I bet you a plate of my mother's (dire) roast potatoes that this account will be gone by tomorrow 🌬
Yup. I just went to check out the full conversation and the account is deleted. They always are by the time I get around to looking for them. I'm very grateful for all the screenshots people post here so I can enjoy the ridiculousness and not miss out.

Reactions: 20
My Grandad used to send my brother and I to the shop on a Saturday to buy a box of Jelly Babies, he would open the box, take out all the black ones for himself then let us share the rest. In memory of him I buy jelly babies, take out a black one, give it a little willy then eat it, that sounds inappropriate now it’s written down🤣
"Give it a little willy then eat it" please elaborate on how/why you give a jelly baby a willy? 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.