Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vintage 2012 Horrible Jack alert so skip by if you’re in the mood for frivolity.
So I’ve been reading her old blog and articles while she’s quiet. While we are on this trip down memory lane, these are a couple of 24 year old Jack’s memories/in memoriams of her Grandad from her (now deleted, but archived) blog 10 years ago. I honestly can’t decide whether I hope she’s lying or not.

if she is telling the truth and these are among her fondest childhood memories that she’s decided to publicly immortalize as an adult somewhere her mum reads, well 😮. And if she’s lying, well…😮

It’s absolutely for certain that there’s at least one sadistic bully in the family, though. Or more than one depending whether or not this is actually true. No wonder she tried to wipe this off the face of the earth. Repulsive.

View attachment 1632223

View attachment 1632225
Edit to put in spoiler for length. Separately but related, though not horrid. Almost comedic because it’s so contradictory.
This old blog with some ofthe posts from 2012&2013 (aka during The Poverty)is a fascinating read and worth a dig through by the way. The first two resolutions 😂

So utterly traumatized by “more bread and jam mummy” that she talked about in in HH in July 2012, that mere months later she posts about having a well-established fun little company to sell her craft stuff called…
I get that we all change in 10 years, but the only thing that’s changed about Jack is the level of utter bullshit she lays on about what was going on in her life between quitting the fire service job in Nov 2011 and getting 24 articles written by her published in The Guardian from July-Dec 2013.
That’s interesting, the Bread and Jam stuff. There’s definitely a market for that kind of thing. That could’ve been a nice little side hustle for her in addition to a part time job so she could’ve made a living whilst being there for her son when he was little. Instead of which, she decided to chase the high life in meeja London and ended up having to grift on a massive scale to maintain it.

As for the ganddad stuff, he sounds like a bit of a monster. Tell me your mum was bullied by her father in law without telling me your mum was bullied by her father in law tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 58
That’s interesting, the Bread and Jam stuff. There’s definitely a market for that kind of thing. That could’ve been a nice little side hustle for her in addition to a part time job so she could’ve made a living whilst being there for her son when he was little. Instead of which, she decided to chase the high life in meeja London and ended up having to grift on a massive scale to maintain it.

As for the ganddad stuff, he sounds like a bit of a monster. Tell me your mum was bullied by her father in law without telling me your mum was bullied by her father in law tbh
I bet he didn't like that Big Dave married out.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m not a fan of sock chat really, but sometimes things are so Jack socky that they’re clearly a Jack hater setting themselves up to be seen as an obvious sock.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m not a fan of sock chat really, but sometimes things are so Jack socky that they’re clearly a Jack hater setting themselves up to be seen as an obvious sock.
That was my thoughts. And if it's someone that usually hangs around that part of twitter (and perhaps lurks here), they would know the name of one of the other suspected socks, and also some Jack-speak to drop in, sunshine, go well etc. For me, this new sus-sock lacks a certain quick to bite snappiness to their tone. The snark just isn't there.

Now pondering what on earth I'm doing with my life. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Also, what is this whitish stuff please, what is this brown stuff please, what is that thing in the brown stuff please, and what are those things in between the whitish stuff and the brown stuff with the thing in it? Are the in between things roast potatoes?!

Why does it all look like that? Why is she like this? Why does she do this? It’s all so wrong
View attachment 1632254
It's the reason they started going to Harvester.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Not true - authors do get a small amount of money from library borrowings (in a published frau with several books 🔺 and my library royalties buy me a nice dinner every six months...)
Don’t 'borrow' it, just sit in the library and read

Also, what is this whitish stuff please, what is this brown stuff please, what is that thing in the brown stuff please, and what are those things in between the whitish stuff and the brown stuff with the thing in it? Are the in between things roast potatoes?!

Why does it all look like that? Why is she like this? Why does she do this? It’s all so wrong
View attachment 1632254
I’d do a runner if served that!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I know things can get a bit quiet sometimes but catching up on pages and pages of sock chat is really boring lol. Unless there's definite proof then I don't see the point in discussing.

Reactions: 36
In this case, I’m leaning towards it also being someone who will be thrilled Tattle are falling for it and spending pages discussing it as if it’s definitely her.

Reactions: 34
Also bored of sock chat

I bet Jack is sad she can’t use her big platform to promote this initiative

C9258155-BE74-4A6F-A8AF-CCFAEF25CC0E.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I reckon she’s gone away with the family for a bit of winter sun. They seem like ‘Tenerife in October, every year for 20 years’ kind of people. Feel like reverse scrolling to see if she always pipes down this time of year. Either that or the mamapapa yucky of all chaos is coming.
Nah, I think Jack's not been invited to many a family get together and holiday over the years. No idea why her own family don't want to spend any time with her. It's a mystery.

Hi folks. Some help please. I replied on this thread (I think) talking about Jack and her "orginal" boiled eggs in a cup. I can't find the post now, even though I had a notification that someone liked it. The post also talked about Jack and her FMs attacking someone on insta for daring to question Jack on her ability to look after a dog.
Cannot find it at all. Possibly I have done something wrong. I didn't have the screenshots to hand but linked to the persons insta account. Not sure. So, basically - HELP!
It's against tattle rules to link to small accounts so it was probably deleted thanks to the bit in bold. We squiggle out aka redact the usernames of those accounts for their own protection.
Did Gary get twitter pushback or did he just think better of it?
Looks like Gary got some more people finding out who Jack is. And not in a good way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 40
Can you ... Say any more, Dori T? 🤓
He looks like he’d smell nice
Not loads I can add, it was definitely more small talk than anything else. It was the M&S Christmas launch and lots of people wanted to chat to him, he took selfies with everyone who asked and chatted with loads of people from the different food companies that work with M&S, M&S staff who’d been given the chance to see (and taste test) the Christmas stuff before it got to stores and I think some journalists too.

He spent quite a while walking round saying hi to folk, had time for everyone, was always smiling and chatty despite the fact he was literally more popular than Percy Pig and therefore had to be ‘on’ the whole time.

I’ve seen enough folk do stuff like this to know it doesn’t always translate into them being good / nice people but he came across genuine and engaged with folk, had some interesting stuff to say and was just a good/professional ambassador for M&S.

It hadn’t really occurred to me that collaborations with supermarkets like this involve a bit of schmoozing / being wheeled out for these kind of events. It does make me wonder how/if Jack had to do them for Sainsburys and how they went.

I didn’t get close enough for a good sniff I’m afraid Hotes but he was dressed nicely (denim jacket, joggers and trainers) and wasn’t giving off any noticeable bad pongs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Did Gary get twitter pushback or did he just think better of it?
He got some along with some praise from Jack stans and a few "who is Jack Monroe?" comments which were answered with links to Molly's article and similar but overall it couldn't have been more than about a dozen comments.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.