Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hang on, she’s a public figure with a large public account/following who deliberately posts provocative, inciteful, triggering (and incompetent) tit. By that rationale, on a much larger scale are Trump parody accounts also bullying?

Maybe Gary could also call Jack out on her “on line bullying” in a very calculated way of people with tiny accounts who haven’t even directly interacted with her?! That’s a bleeping weird double standard you have there, Usher. And your message might have more resonance if you weren’t being so coy about the “certain stuff” too.

Edited cos I’m a tit and called him Tom.
This exactly - Gary, very publicly calls out people who bully and intimidate his staff - not sure why he feels it's ok for Jack to bully others and to set the FMs off to bully on her behalf too.

Reactions: 49
"...the reason I wear a boiler suit and say duck a lot and smoke licorice rollups from time to time." What?! So Jack channels her dead grandad by donning a boiler suit and puffing on rollies? Sounds...normal.
It's giving me serial killer vibes, "it wasn't me, it was GRANDDAD".

I am urging all canal members to remain vigilant around boiler suits and take precautions should you smell liquorice rollies unexpectedly.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She'll be 🔺 our IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) and sending pizzas, taxis and curries to our houses in a fit of rage & revenge, which is good, cos I actually did order a Chinese. Might hurry it up a bit.
I personally would be delighted if Jack could send pizza or curry to my house. No one delivers here. The royal mail even goes through phases of not being arsed to deliver and invites us to collect from the sorting office instead.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
"...the reason I wear a boiler suit and say duck a lot and smoke licorice rollups from time to time." What?! So Jack channels her dead grandad by donning a boiler suit and puffing on rollies? Sounds...normal.
Also, is this the first in the long line of the personalities and stories she stole??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
This is Jack's letter to Edwina Currie because she was too thick and cowardly to say this at the time. It reads like Grandad was a bit of a miser tbh. Jack must take after him a bit in terms of chasing every penny and not spending on necessities like repairs, rent, dog grooming.

Also a Facebook post from 2020 with a sad exchange between Jack and her mum who I've squigged. Jack couldn't just be nice and say, yes of course I'll bring some round mum.
She was clearly desperate for paternal approval from grandad and Big Dave.
View attachment 1632615
View attachment 1632617
Every time I read about her grandad, Carter USM's 'Sheriff Fatman' starts playing in my head...
Have you found any evidence of him being 'six foot six and a hundred tonnes'?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I know this will have been said a million times before but her writing reeks of like GCSE English coursework. Not everything needs a million adjectives Jack. It's like, in her desperation to paint a picture she's somehow managed to paint nothing at all.

Cheap wet ham :sick:
I was going to say her writing gives me the cringe, but then I thought about it and realised her everything gives me the cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It looks like something a disinterested year 7 would make in textiles. I think the top part is just a bog standard multi pack girl’s vest stitched onto a very badly made skirt.

I really looks like something the person axed in the first week of Sewing Bee would make in the 90 minute transformation round - tank top sewn onto a cushion cover 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It's giving me serial killer vibes, "it wasn't me, it was GRANDDAD".

I am urging all canal members to remain vigilant around boiler suits and take precautions should you smell liquorice rollies unexpectedly.
Now you mention it…
BD917204-129D-4A06-B104-EDFC0CC22260.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
BIB

... yet it feels like just a few moments ago I read her archived New Year Resolution article blaming the 'banter' culture in the Fire Service for her being so sweary.

Pick who you are going to blame/throw under the bus and stick to it, Jack.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
This is Jack's letter to Edwina Currie because she was too thick and cowardly to say this at the time. It reads like Grandad was a bit of a miser tbh. Jack must take after him a bit in terms of chasing every penny and not spending on necessities like repairs, rent, dog grooming.

Also a Facebook post from 2020 with a sad exchange between Jack and her mum who I've squigged. Jack couldn't just be nice and say, yes of course I'll bring some round mum.
View attachment 1632615
View attachment 1632617
That Guardian article is nuts. She wants people to believe that she didn't know her grandad rented another three houses out on top of the four guest houses? Maybe as a kid, but in her twenties? Yet Edwina bleeping Currie knew?

Facts because we love facts:
- Will written in 2006, Big Dave and one of his siblings were executors.
- Grandad died November 2012.
- Probate granted July 2013.
- The house Big Dave got was not one of the guest houses. Grandad bought it in 1999. It isn't a tiny flat, it's a decent 3 bed semi (looking a bit tatty compared to next door though.)

Yet Jack never knew that this house existed or it was coming her dad's way :unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Bread and Jam was never intended to be an extra income stream though. She quit a job (retail IIRC) to start it - not even testing the waters by doing it on the side for a while first.

2012 employment off the top of my head, although I'm sure I posted the receipts somewhere:

Nov '11: quits fire service
spring '12: gets job in bar/cafe. Quits about a month(?) later
later spring '12: gets another job. Fired after a week
summer '12: no paid employment but lots of volunteering
autumn '12: gets job, I think retail. Quits after 1 - 2 months to become full-time crafter.
around the same time: starts writing weekly column for the Southend Echo (quite poorly paid - she didn't start working there as a full-time reporter until early '13. Then she quit that 6 months later.)

It's amazing how much of the Poverty was just Jack being too lazy to stick to a job.

She was also - and I say this as a sewing frau - trying to sell handmade clothes, while being unable to sew for tit. This is not just a little bad, this is horrendous:

View attachment 1632407

I actually think her sewing may be worse than her cooking?

PS @Valiofthedolls when you get to the one about how she doesn't need to be on a 10£ budget but she sticks to it because it's so much fun, and she and SB are healthy and chubby etc, you're in for a treat. Those old blogs are a goldmine.
2013 was apparently when she was stealing food and became a prostitute to survive. But she was working at the Southend Echo, and while junior reporter pay is tit, she should not have been that badly off. There would have been tax credits etc at the time. That was a great opportunity for her that she threw away.

Honestly nothing screams privilege like being able to quit your job and arse around with crafty stuff. I know some really talented craft people but they all have at least part time jobs to keep the money rolling in. It’s also an expensive undertaking, with a big investment in tools and materials.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

View attachment 1632615
View attachment 1632617
Surprised to see Jack say her family weren't poor in the Edwina tantrum article. What of the parents having to skip dinner because they couldn't afford food for themselves and most heartbreaking of all Big Dave hitchhiking in his humiliating trousers?

Screenshot 2022-10-07 11.39.11.png

Reactions: 38
My grandad (DEAD) had a moustache all of his adult life. This is why I now refuse to immac mine. I’m channeling YOU, grandad! Be proud of me 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 85
Grunking through last thread, and just came across the majesterial post from @Witchfinder Sargeant:
"She doesn't understand food and how flavours work together, and she's cooking down to a price point, not up to a standard."

This is a perfect summary of what's wrong with all the recipes.

You know the crap celebrity endorsement quotes on the back of cookbooks....I think the Thrify Kitchen strapline should be
"she's cooking down to a price point, not up to a standard." -Witchfinder Sargeant'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
'I've never claimed anywhere that my family were poor'

Yeah apart from all the times you did, including telling us that your Dad used to hitchike to work wearing his fireman uniform 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 66
So I was looking for Jack receipts for this sentence she apparently wrote about her grandad "he was a swarthy gorgeous bastard of a man with a filthy laugh" but I cannot find it at all. Not in any articles or old blog posts unless it got deleted. It was however mentioned in an early Jack thread on here, twice by the same member. So now I'm not sure if it is a real Jack quote. I wanted to know what the context was and if anyone pointed out the potential offensive nature of 'swarthy'.
Can any wiser Frays remember if that is a real Jack quote?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.