Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's the brown thing? Is it nut loaf? Are those cocktail sausages in front of it?
If it's nut loaf, then why does it have a lump of coal in the middle of it?

And can that lumpy grey paste actually be mash - or is it actually 1980s school dinner semolina?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32

And can that lumpy grey paste actually be mash - or is it actually 1980s school dinner semolina?
That mash looks like something a baby threw up.

And I don't understand putting a little jug on the plate at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

I misread semolina as salmonella and quite frankly, I think my version may have been more accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
If Jack thinks that staying away from Twitter for a while will make everything go away, she's mistaken.

The Patreon people are waiting patiently for her return, along with everyone else who feels cheated. Then there's those people who didn't lose money but have her card marked as a grifter, and finally everyone who didn't have a clue who she was prior to her Ma's dire roasties.

They are all still there, and she's going to get it from all angles when she pops up again.

Good luck, Jackie!

(Feed Content and Coops please)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I'm currently looking for something Grandad of Jack related.
Found an interesting link.

Also the greengage jam paints a disgustingly vivid picture of the state of his guesthouse.
Screenshot_20221007-104324_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm currently looking for something Grandad of Jack related.
Found an interesting link.

Also the greengage jam paints a disgustingly vivid picture of the state of his guesthouse.
View attachment 1632598
What a lot of words to say ‘today I made some jam.’

• Haha
Reactions: 74
God all the characters we get!
Now we’ve got Tommy Fingers Kerridge and Leggy McStinky Finger.
Not to mention Tommy Potatoes. I love it here.
It sounds like a modern day version of Peaky Blinders. Just need Jack in her jumble sale outfit to compllete the cast.

I'm a few pages behind so this may have been covered - why is she liking her own tweets?

ETA: dammit, should have read another page before posting - Sideboard Bob pointed it out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
This is Jack's letter to Edwina Currie because she was too thick and cowardly to say this at the time. It reads like Grandad was a bit of a miser tbh. Jack must take after him a bit in terms of chasing every penny and not spending on necessities like repairs, rent, dog grooming.

Also a Facebook post from 2020 with a sad exchange between Jack and her mum who I've squigged. Jack couldn't just be nice and say, yes of course I'll bring some round mum.
She was clearly desperate for paternal approval from grandad and Big Dave.
Screenshot_20221007-104807_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221007-104839_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Oh FFS - another acquaintance who needs a kick up the arse. Gary, sort yourself out. It's not nasty. It's not bullying. If people behaved to your staff the way Jack behaves to others (and they have) you're on them like a ton of bricks.
He seems to have deleted everything since Sunday’s roast post. Yesterday’s twatter was a bit of a pickle for him so I think he’s deleted the lot. He did respond to the tweet the article’s below’s about, saying with honesty that he’d been a bit of a head (JACK -- LEARN) and apologising to leopards. Understandably, I think, Manchester has cracking places to eat and this woman needs to get out of her arse and off insta. Anyways.

Apologies for the MEN ads: why Gary Usher has had better Twatter days:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I'm a few pages behind so this may have been covered - why is she liking her own tweets?
If you have twitter set to show "top tweets" rather than the home screen of tweets in chronological order, if someone you follow likes a tweet, it can show up in your home page. It's a discreet way to keep in your followers' minds without having to post anything new or retweet yourself.

If Jack posted anything new at the moment, she'd get far too much pushback.

Reactions: 12
I know this will have been said a million times before but her writing reeks of like GCSE English coursework. Not everything needs a million adjectives Jack. It's like, in her desperation to paint a picture she's somehow managed to paint nothing at all.

Cheap wet ham :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 43
And I don't understand putting a little jug on the plate at home.
It makes my skin crawl in a very Mitford way that I don't like about myself. GRAVY BELONGS IN A CHIPPED PYREX JUG WITH A SUSPICION OF ROGUE LABRADOR HAIR. No labrador hair if you are poor.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
This is Jack's letter to Edwina Currie because she was too thick and cowardly to say this at the time. It reads like Grandad was a bit of a miser tbh. Jack must take after him a bit in terms of chasing every penny and not spending on necessities like repairs, rent, dog grooming.

Also a Facebook post from 2020 with a sad exchange between Jack and her mum who I've squigged. Jack couldn't just be nice and say, yes of course I'll bring some round mum.
She was clearly desperate for paternal approval from grandad and Big Dave.
View attachment 1632615
View attachment 1632617
"...the reason I wear a boiler suit and say duck a lot and smoke licorice rollups from time to time." What?! So Jack channels her dead grandad by donning a boiler suit and puffing on rollies? Sounds...normal.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
I don't think she can come back from this now. She needs to be present as her fans have gotten bored quickly - theres only really her socks defending her.
And this is what will be the hardest for her, much more than the ridicule, is being entirely irrelevant. Hardly anyone apart from die hard squigs has noticed she is gone, and even they are trailing off.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.