Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not loads I can add, it was definitely more small talk than anything else. It was the M&S Christmas launch and lots of people wanted to chat to him, he took selfies with everyone who asked and chatted with loads of people from the different food companies that work with M&S, M&S staff who’d been given the chance to see (and taste test) the Christmas stuff before it got to stores and I think some journalists too.

He spent quite a while walking round saying hi to folk, had time for everyone, was always smiling and chatty despite the fact he was literally more popular than Percy Pig and therefore had to be ‘on’ the whole time.

I’ve seen enough folk do stuff like this to know it doesn’t always translate into them being good / nice people but he came across genuine and engaged with folk, had some interesting stuff to say and was just a good/professional ambassador for M&S.

It hadn’t really occurred to me that collaborations with supermarkets like this involve a bit of schmoozing / being wheeled out for these kind of events. It does make me wonder how/if Jack had to do them for Sainsburys and how they went.

I didn’t get close enough for a good sniff I’m afraid Hotes but he was dressed nicely (denim jacket, joggers and trainers) and wasn’t giving off any noticeable bad pongs.
Do you mean to say you were quietly working behind the scenes at the M&S Xmas launch? I’m picturing Jack’s envy and it’s gonna power me through my last big shift before my weekend off!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Update: my mum pissed herself and said "omg that's fugly, what is it meant to be?". This woman had her kids using a little antique machine by the time we started school and has seen some absolute atrocities 😂

Update update: she asked if it was a skirt sewn to a man's vest, I said I think it's a kids' one and got "I think one of the bloody kids made it. Either way it's an offence and should be burned without delay. Where on Earth did you find it?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
As a gardening frau I feel your pain. We've got to contend with her singing to chard and making love to tomatoes. DISGUSTING!
Yeah I already feared she’d get an allotment after the chard singing and going out to count strawberries. Pick them Jack or the slugs will get them! She forgets the rest of us actually do stuff so spotting the lie is so obvious. She’s the one on the allotment forum asking questions about a tomato plant and when it can go outside from the moment it’s sown! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
she thought someone would pay money for that? She really is delusional
It looks like something a disinterested year 7 would make in textiles. I think the top part is just a bog standard multi pack girl’s vest stitched onto a very badly made skirt.

Reactions: 37
She was also - and I say this as a sewing frau - trying to sell handmade clothes, while being unable to sew for tit. This is not just a little bad, this is horrendous:

View attachment 1632407

I actually think her sewing may be worse than her cooking?
Wait, what? She was trying to charge people money for that hem and whatever is going on with that waistband? If I produced that I'd take one look at it and throw it in the rag bag for charity, where it would be shredded and used to fill mattresses.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I wonder if she'll reveal Content's lovely new look today after their trip to the dog groomers.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don't think she can come back from this now. She needs to be present as her fans have gotten bored quickly - theres only really her socks defending her.

Bread and Jam was never intended to be an extra income stream though. She quit a job (retail IIRC) to start it - not even testing the waters by doing it on the side for a while first.

2012 employment off the top of my head, although I'm sure I posted the receipts somewhere:

Nov '11: quits fire service
spring '12: gets job in bar/cafe. Quits about a month(?) later
later spring '12: gets another job. Fired after a week
summer '12: no paid employment but lots of volunteering
autumn '12: gets job, I think retail. Quits after 1 - 2 months to become full-time crafter.
around the same time: starts writing weekly column for the Southend Echo (quite poorly paid - she didn't start working there as a full-time reporter until early '13. Then she quit that 6 months later.)

It's amazing how much of the Poverty was just Jack being too lazy to stick to a job.

She was also - and I say this as a sewing frau - trying to sell handmade clothes, while being unable to sew for tit. This is not just a little bad, this is horrendous:

View attachment 1632407

I actually think her sewing may be worse than her cooking?

PS @Valiofthedolls when you get to the one about how she doesn't need to be on a 10£ budget but she sticks to it because it's so much fun, and she and SB are healthy and chubby etc, you're in for a treat. Those old blogs are a goldmine.
Can you imagine working with her? 😂 You'd be glad she phoned in sick with one of her many ailments on her third day of work.

• Haha
Not squigged because he's a public figure with 22k followers but Gary Usher is not happy about the parody account, though does acknowledge people want answers about "certain stuff".

View attachment 1632026
Oh FFS - another acquaintance who needs a kick up the arse. Gary, sort yourself out. It's not nasty. It's not bullying. If people behaved to your staff the way Jack behaves to others (and they have) you're on them like a ton of bricks.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I don't think she can come back from this now. She needs to be present as her fans have gotten bored quickly - theres only really her socks defending her.
You would hope not. She has her enablers though. She's not taking a break from Twitter, she's just hanging around until things die down a little before she comes back with something else.

I cannot be bothered with people who flounce off, like her, and "deactivate" their accounts for peace. All you have to do is turn off notifications and you won't even know Twitter is still on your phone. Of course, that doesn't generate rage amongst the FMs.

Reactions: 26
When you Google her name, Google still has the cached tweet she made asking her monkeys to report the parody account. That means the first you thing you see on Google is "Twitter" followed by a screenshot of the handle of the parody account. It's hilariously misleading.

Screenshot_20221007_101212.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I wonder when people will come out of the woodwork with tales of her in-person bad behaviour? Ex-work colleagues, neighbours, business proprietors? She must be fairly well known around Southend, what with all the shameless self promotion in the last decade or so? I'm prepared to be totally wrong on this but she looks like a person who'd let a door swing shut in your face or close a lift door on purpose. No manners and self entitled.
She also looks like she honks! The type to have dirty feet and a dirty flower!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Jack needs to get her arse back on twitter stat. It is hard times when the canal is reduced to talking about dirty flowers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.