Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also and this might not be popular

I find it a bit weird she had another relationship when pregnant. I have been pregnant and single and the last thing on my mind was another person to sex with. The thought would have made me puke. Not saying everyone should be like me but I do find it a bit gross having sex with someone with someone else's baby in you.
Probably showing my age 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Would this sock be desperately trying to convince everyone that questions about cashos are "boring" by any chance?
Is that the same 🧦 using a phrase beloved of Jack and her 🧦’s - don’t threaten me with a good time.

Because I’ve noticed that one <cough> who has also snarked at Molly sooooo… bit suss.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes but as per my edit that was a different abusive ex from the one who stuck needles in her and said she wasn’t butch enough. I don’t know which of these abusive exes was said to have made the boobs comment after Jack’s initial implication that Leggy said it. Maybe one of them also was the ex who said she wasn’t butch enough to wear the leather jacket? Worth also remembering that Harold criticised her clothes for being TOO butch.

My head is spinning. She sure has bad relationship luck

• Haha
Reactions: 23

I find it a bit weird she had another relationship when pregnant. I have been pregnant and single and the last thing on my mind was another person to sex with.
That’s assuming this girlfriend actually existed. Personally? I don’t think they did. Getting with someone while pregnant is actually the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how unbelievable the whole story is.

Reactions: 29
And of course it's all their fault, not hers....
Lot's of good people find themselves in abusive relationships but if every single person you've ever been in a relationship with is horrible to you in some way it might just be a you problem. Is there any situation in which Jack isn't the victim, it must be the longest hard luck story since Job.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

I find it a bit weird she had another relationship when pregnant. I have been pregnant and single and the last thing on my mind was another person to sex with. The thought would have made me puke. Not saying everyone should be like me but I do find it a bit gross having sex with someone with someone else's baby in you.
Probably showing my age 😏
I don’t really have any thoughts on that per se other than to say that the three or so years during which Jack was pregnant and had a toddler are really a mess of a timeline. During that time she was pregnant, working at the fire service, training to be a firefighter, working as a barista, working in a nightclub, working as a sex worker, hosting coffee mornings, doing artwork, getting needles stuck in her, getting stalked, moving half a dozen times, writing a blog, working for the local paper, attending council meetings, trailing through the rain looking for jobs with her toddler in tow, going hungry, stealing Big Macs out of bins, telling her toddler there was no more bread and jam, escaping two abusive relationships, auditioning for X factor, selling all her possessions, sleeping rough, writing poetry and unscrewing lightbulbs.

Now I’m not saying all of that didn’t happen, of course. Just that it’s…a lot.

ETA - oh! And how could I forget! Three major newspaper interviews, two suicide attempts and one psychiatric hospitalisation. And a partridge in a pear treeeeeee.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 121
I don’t really have any thoughts on that per se other than to say that the three or so years during which Jack was pregnant and had a toddler are really a mess of a timeline. During that time she was pregnant, working at the fire service, training to be a firefighter, working as a barista, working in a nightclub, working as a sex worker, hosting coffee mornings, doing artwork, getting needles stuck in her, getting stalked, moving half a dozen times, writing a blog, working for the local paper, attending council meetings, trailing through the rain looking for jobs with her toddler in tow, going hungry, stealing Big Macs out of bins, telling her toddler there was no more bread and jam, escaping two abusive relationships, auditioning for X factor, selling all her possessions, sleeping rough, writing poetry and unscrewing lightbulbs.

Now I’m not saying all of that didn’t happen, of course. Just that it’s…a lot.

Well she does work 100 hour weeks

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack really doesn’t do a good job of hiding her sock accounts does she? She may as well have an avatar with I’m Jack Monroe wrote on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
That’s assuming this girlfriend actually existed. Personally? I don’t think they did. Getting with someone while pregnant is actually the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how unbelievable the whole story is.
I assume that she existed. Jack was living with her until the month before she quit the fire service, and moving out alone (into an executive luxury apartment, lol) was one of the causes of the poverty.

I highly doubt that she stuck needles in Jack, though.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Jack really doesn’t do a good job of hiding her sock accounts does she? She may as well have an avatar with I’m Jack Monroe wrote on it.
It's utterly futile. I hardly think Molly or any of the other accounts she's been bothering are going to pack it in because a Jack sock with 1 follower said they were boring and slagged their risotto. Poor Jack is the most tragic halfwit ever to draw breath.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
No WAY! That’s why she started posting in the Mrs Gloss group? Well, blow me down with a feather. She must have loved the triple whammy of 1. getting tons of people to kiss her arse (because she was a minor celeb), 2. have a new outlet for her shopping addiction AND 3. get one-up on SBs step mum.
I’ve never seen SB’s Step mums MUA skills but I’m gonna guess she gotta bit of a laugh from the dire attempts Jack made. But also yeah, what a crank.

@BubbleDuck or anybody interested

I had a vague outline in place for scheduling out the Sloppies this year so I had put some dates in that were in my calendar and notes on my phone as a rough guideline - feel free to follow/deviate/throw as much in the bin as you like! Some of them sound a bit bossy sorry they were originally written for future me ive tried to edit them all

28th October - start the category nomination process off - before this date decide if there are any categories that need swapping out (they've aged shockingly well as nothing has changed, but I was toying with adding another category to make it an even 10). If you're happy with categories as is you can skip this step.

2021 categories:
1. Eye of Sauron award (best public appearance)
2. Golden grifty award (most egregious waste of money from someone claiming to be poor)
3. The full moon award (best chaos)
4. The missed deadline award (most urgent item on the wonderful Kent county council Kachoochoo's list )
5. The facetune award (selfie of the year)
6. The Novak Nail award (most entertaining or outrageous lie)
7. Mission Inn Star (slop of the year)
8. Bad Food for Good Days (best Frau recreation of a Jack recipe)
9. The Silver Poca Plate award (the honorary Frau/Herr of the year!)

It gets hard to keep up with the threads in real-time so - If you decide to swap out some categories, or add more, or even have some renamed - an easy way to stay on top of things is ask people to put the word "sloppies" in their posts so you can just search "sloppies" in tattle and sort by date (it's not a word that turns up often in the other threads on this site!)

By around the 7th November I was planning to have the categories nailed down, so I would basically be like "ok, here are this year's categories"

list them all and start letting people make their nominations - last year we asked people to put them in this threadhttps://tattle.life/threads/the-sloppies-nominations.24368/
as it helped keep the main thread free and made my life easier having all the nominations in one place.

Every now and then (say once every day or every 2 days depending how quickly the nominations are coming in) post an update in the main thread of nominations we'd had so far in each category, link to the nominations thread, and the end date when nominations would close

(I had pencilled in Fri 18th November as the end date for nominations as that gave me Saturday and Sunday to put the Google form together and start working on the sloppies website.)

Mon 22nd November - voting opens - post link to the Google form in the main thread and advise end date

Reminders in main thread with link to form every 2/3 days?

(While people were still voting last year I started making the banner images for each category, choosing the colours, font style of the site and basically any of the bits that I could do at this stage - means you don't have to do the whole thing in a mad rush once votes close!)

Thursday 1st December - close the votes

Then give the fraus the option to vote on their preferred day for sloppies from a list of options (put a reaction emoji next to each option. I'd give yourself 2 weeks minimum to finish off the website just to be safe, but if you're more tech savvy and less easily distracted than me you probably won't need that long!)

As well as the website, keep any text you write in a word document - you will want a backup, and sometimes it's nice not to be distracted by the other elements of the website and just focus on writing the text!

There are loads of different website builders out there

I used Adobe spark for 2020 Sloppies but that was a pain as I had to set up an Adobe account (made a burner email for that) and I think it cost me money. I found the options to customise la little imited, but as a total newbie that helped me out I think.

2021 I used Wix, which let me play around with adding more elements, like the Crossword and music. And it was free 👍

I just went to have a look at the sloppies and forgot I'd "tweaked" the title on the site a few months back in an homage to our favourite 2018 time capsule website 😂
View attachment 1626007
EDIT: forgot to say! The cut off date for last year was that the nomination must have happened on or after Dec 1st 2020, so that would mean this year's cut off date would be Dec 1st 2021 (ah that's probably why I set the nominations to close on decem 1st as well!)

still catching up, i'm at least in this thread though

you do great work switchy-s. I'd have offered to do it if I had half the techy nous you do

screaming at the reminder of that time a frau thought i was kent county council 🤣

I will of course supply a fully-updated list for people to nominate from when whoever takes over indicates they are opening nominations ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I think we can all agree it wasn't English Language
She said she took 7 and passed 4.5; the 0.5 can only be RE. Back then unis insisted on maths and English so A-levels did too and decent grades, many unis insisted on a GCSE in a foreign language and most A-levels a good grade in the actual subject … so very unlikely she had both English and maths and good enough grades in anything to do A-levels. They are awful grades for a selective grammar probably the worst in the school year which may be where some of her anti-imposter syndrome comes from. Schools like that have a culture where it’s cool to be brainy and do well so being the nasty, bad, thick one would have made her deeply uncool and probably unpopular.

Reactions: 17
"and my friends all hate it!" she really is Typical Annoying Facebook girl. fishing for compliments, thirst-trapping in her bra.
Shush! You’ll distract Jack from bra shopping! She’s looking for something new & colourful to showcase her bounteous norks, also to cheer herself up whilst NEFARIOUS NINNIES have cruelly laughed driven her off Twitter.

012A7DFA-3786-400F-89D1-2790F6041B0A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just going to share this again, from the last time "I like girls, babe" came up: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-333-bootsnack-crook.31280/post-10513916

Jack identified the mystery girl-liker as the policewoman in her own coming out post (she mentions the Sainsbury's ad, which is exactly when they broke up).
I knew you’d know!
In the interests of balance the Policewoman hasn’t commented, and Essex said she thought she was a good influence on Jack but who knows? I am being cautious as I don’t trust half what Jack says.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.