Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20221005_202150~2.jpg

And here she is explaining she had her 7 year old taking pics of her...in a bra and dungarees. None of her fawning FB group fans question that.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
It's utterly bizarre to me how much she compartmentalises the social media websites - you look at Twitter and the vibes are "'im taking a break from the hateful internet ARE YOU HAPPY TROLLS" but over on insta she's posting macaroni and cheese 🤷‍♀️

She definitely has a social media addiction - she barely uses insta except when she's not on twitter, it's like she just needs to fill the void with something
I think she is just lonely and ite very much a case if she doesnt post something then nobody really engages with her. So she posts mundane things like her dinner and then people will coment and despite the. Being postive or negative, she still gains assembalance of conversation that not with herself, a dog or a cat.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I’m an E cup 🔺 and they’re not very big at all. When you get measured properly it becomes pretty clear that even F and G cups can look not that big.
Ditto, and it all depends on the band size really! Exposing my naivete but I recently learned that a D doesn't always mean you have massive boobs, its all about the difference between the band and the bust! That said, I doubt she's a 38E, that's quite broad and she looks like a size 12 max in most pics?

Reactions: 21
But this is what I mean about her retconning. I 100% remember her trailing Allegra as the one who objected to her transitioning. Allegra was tit babe. But Jack received pushback and reframed it as a previous ex. She's thanking Allegra because she absolutely needs to keep her on side for so many reasons. Seriously, believing Jack's words on this isn't the way to go.
Yes this is how I remember it too. She had to recon it like she did with her sons dad.

No, the abusive one was earlier, the one she was living with when she was pregnant with SB.

I am honestly so keen for Jack to publish an autobiography. It will be wild.
God that’s weird I could swear the policewoman was the abuser, in fact I thought the Buzzfeed article said that. I must be misremembering. In any case if someone had stuck needles in you and threatened you with a knife, you wouldn’t wait until they commented on your boobs before ditching them would you.

Jacks tall tales are so ridiculous she can’t even keep them straight! Maybe she should start a forensic spreadsheet for her own fibs. She might have a better chance of keeping track that way.

Any way it’s interesting to me that aaaalllll Jacks exes have been so horrible and abusive. All very different people with different backgrounds. The only thing they have in common is Jack. Hmmmm…

ETA no the Buzzfeed article does not say the abusive ex was a policewoman. Here it is for reference

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Yes this is how I remember it too. She had to recon it like she did with her sons dad.

God that’s weird I could swear the policewoman was the abuser, in fact I thought the Buzzfeed article said that. I must be misremembering. In any case if someone had stuck needles in you and threatened you with a knife, you wouldn’t wait until they commented on your boobs before ditching them would you.

Jacks tall tales are so ridiculous she can’t even keep them straight! Maybe she should start a forensic spreadsheet for her own fibs. She might have a better chance of keeping track that way.

Any way it’s interesting to me that aaaalllll Jacks exes have been so horrible and abusive. All very different people with different backgrounds. The only thing they have in common is Jack. Hmmmm…

Jack has referred to an abusive ex who was a police officer

Reactions: 9
Is it bad that I’m not finding the parody account as funny as everyone else seems to be?

Yes, it’s bleeping amazing that it’s wound Jack up enough to post about it and drive more traffic there, but there’s a genuine opportunity through humour to show Jack’s grift and inconsistencies. It feels like the parody is wasted a bit going through recycled puns and one liners about being broke.
5/10
Good idea / execution lacking

I honestly don’t think they care that much, she’s the new joke on Twitter and soon it will get old.

Reactions: 15
And here she is explaining she had her 7 year old taking pics of her...in a bra and dungarees. None of her fawning FB group fans question that.
And....that's not a perm. That's putting your head between your knees, backcombing your hair, and putting a sh*tload of mega-hold hairspray on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
So she was pregnant with SB, who’s dad both did a runner and was there for her every step of the way (stories may vary) when she moved in with someone else? Who turned abusive?? I’m sure that wasn’t the story I heard originally- but so much stuff is deleted, it’s like Big Brother. We’re all committing thoughtcrime just trying to sort it out!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
]
A couple of things struck me from this article.
View attachment 1628740

This nails her middle-class privilege. She cannot comprehend that luck can have nothing to do with it and that you can be born into poverty. Her assumption is that everyone is ok and then bad luck makes you poor. As for the fall being ‘precipitous’ - she had parents, her son’s father, and the education, confidence and connections to deal with the welfare system and then get a job at the local paper off the back of it. That she’s coasted and/or spaffed all the amazing - and often undeserved - opportunities since is on her.

View attachment 1628765
And as the recent forensic stocktake by the canal showed, this is just a load of shuddering bollocks.
Amazing that she has had 10 years of bad luck excessive shopping

the roundabouts thing is a ridiculous reason not to drive. I learned late. Guess what I couldn’t do and was terrified of for a long time. Roundabouts are a pattern you learn. I had a 2 hour lesson once where all we did was drive from roundabout to roundabout to get over the fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So she was pregnant with SB, who’s dad both did a runner and was there for her every step of the way (stories may vary) when she moved in with someone else? Who turned abusive?? I’m sure that wasn’t the story I heard originally- but so much stuff is deleted, it’s like Big Brother. We’re all committing thoughtcrime just trying to sort it out!

I'd give an organ to sit down with her in interview to timeline and fact check all this

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
There's no way her band size is 38. I'm plus size and mine is that. I'd reckon she was a 32-34?

Anyway, the new slop, doesn't look as bad as brown slop but still too many inexplicable eggs.
I was wondering that, i wonder of she knows thst the number is across your back and the letter is the size of your tatas and by making the number bigger your not making your tatas bigger.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
“Helped myself to some bread rolls at the big dinner at the G8 summit in 2013”
Trust me on this, *no one* sneaks into "the big dinner" at a G8 event. I was part of the planning committee for an event at a facility that hosted a G8 a few years previously. Every inch of public space in that place was monitored 24/7 while the G8 was on. JM is lying as usual.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
A friend mentioned a vintage chaos today. She said that in around 2015 Jack was wanging on about being working class on Twitter, then the next day was boasting about getting a Hermès scarf from her girlfriend. My friend and few others pointed this out and were subjected to a FM attack. Jack's following was only in the 10s of thousands back then but they were still vicious.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Screenshot 2022-10-05 20.38.57.png

The suspected Jack sock tweeted Molly's risotto with 'This looks dire' which just seems to have kicked off folk calling her food dire again. She's never going to stop digging a bigger hole for herself. It's amazing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
I'm watching Nadhiya making lovely baked granola bowls with edible flowers.

Knocks Jackie's dead dog bowls into a cocked drawer

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Jack has referred to an abusive ex who was a police officer
Yes but as per my edit that was a different abusive ex from the one who stuck needles in her and said she wasn’t butch enough. I don’t know which of these abusive exes was said to have made the boobs comment after Jack’s initial implication that Leggy said it. Maybe one of them also was the ex who said she wasn’t butch enough to wear the leather jacket? Worth also remembering that Harold criticised her clothes for being TOO butch.

Reactions: 19
The EF Benson chat today has given me life! Had an interview this morning for a marginally less stressful job and they said I’d get a call before 5pm and nobody called. Since I fell happily into this canal, every time someone has said ‘tender one’ I think immediately of Tilling and it makes me laugh. So glad to know that other Fraus are taking their performative shopping baskets to Twistevents (sp?) You all make me soooo happy

ETA TwisteVANTS and just had a tiny owl champagne remembering Lucia having to buy veg grown in the garden of Mallards that time she rented it from Mapp. Apologies to mods but if you haven’t read these books you really should, tender ones.
I feel we need to make an off topic thread as I adore these books, as an aside may I recommend Diary of a provincial lady? If you like mapp and Lucia you will probably like this book.

Better get back to Jack

• Heart
Reactions: 19
From trawling through many Jack threads on here -- especially the Daily Kitchen Live ones -- one thing that's always bugged me about Jack's cooking is how she uses the same technique for incorporating or mixing food. It's the same vigorous, hurried stirring for everything, regardless of the food texture and type, as if her life depends on it. No wonder virtually all her dishes end up looking like 50 Shades of Slop.
She cooks as if she hates everything about food and the cookery process.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.