Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing about the bra size is whether she's lying or not, a 38 chest size is NOT a tiny smol pixie. So either she does have a 38 chest measurement and is clearly not a smol pixie, or she is a tiny smol pixie and she doesn't understand bra measurements/was lying.

I'm a size 18-20 on top, being 'blessed' :rolleyes: with having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome means I've got a big frame but relatively small boobs (they're a handful each, that's fine with me lol) - I'm actually a 40A but that bra size is practically non-existent, or if they are available, they're made with absolutely zero thought for looking anything other than hideous - I usually buy a 38B which is the sister size (go down a band size go up a cup size) and use a bra extender.

Anyway my point is... the 38 chest size is bullshit 🐂💩 but I think we've all been working that one out over the last day or so :ROFLMAO: The one thing I will give her some credit for, and it may be the only thing ever, is that so so many women do not know their correct bra size, do not understand how to get their correct size or are measured by people/shops who also do not understand bra sizes and have been trained using outdated practices. Not to mention variation across brands/within brands and more inaccurate sizings at the extremes... ok I'm getting carried away ranting about the trauma of bra shopping - send comfy bra-os!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Jack referred to her hair as 'wild and thick' so why would she need to perm it?
Wild and thick yet I thought it was simultaneously falling out in clumps? Maybe that explains Howard’s dad asking to hoover-her hallway must look like someone murdered one of the monster munch characters in it.
ETA-the rug of doom. Given all her hair colours over the years, could it just be various clumps of hair (& thus free?) #JacksThriftyTips

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It's another giveaway to her class background. When I lived in the UK, we were in a poor area and a lot of the girls I went to high school with became mothers very young. Then I went on to university, and entered a middle class environment where having a kid under 25 would have been unfathomable - even under 30 was very unusual.
Can confirm. I went to private secondary for a couple of years, I made some great friends from that world, and my hometown friends. I had my first at 22 - hometown friends were doing the school run with a toddler and a baby in tow by then, my PS friends were all doing Masters degrees and were very “oh dear, are you sure this is a good idea?”

No, I bloody wasn’t 🤣 But I LEARNED. Mostly from exMIL, who I’m going to terrorise with the Green and Eggs and Ham pasta at the weekend she picks Not A Good Idea up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The thing about the bra size is whether she's lying or not, a 38 chest size is NOT a tiny smol pixie. So either she does have a 38 chest measurement and is clearly not a smol pixie, or she is a tiny smol pixie and she doesn't understand bra measurements/was lying.

I'm a size 18-20 on top, being 'blessed' :rolleyes: with having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome means I've got a big frame but relatively small boobs (they're a handful each, that's fine with me lol) - I'm actually a 40A but that bra size is practically non-existent, or if they are available, they're made with absolutely zero thought for looking anything other than hideous - I usually buy a 38B which is the sister size (go down a band size go up a cup size) and use a bra extender.

Anyway my point is... the 38 chest size is bullshit 🐂💩 but I think we've all been working that one out over the last day or so :ROFLMAO: The one thing I will give her some credit for, and it may be the only thing ever, is that so so many women do not know their correct bra size, do not understand how to get their correct size or are measured by people/shops who also do not understand bra sizes and have been trained using outdated practices. Not to mention variation across brands/within brands and more inaccurate sizings at the extremes... ok I'm getting carried away ranting about the trauma of bra shopping - send comfy bra-os!!
Can I recommend those bralettes that Jack's wearing in the dungaree thirst pics? They're a tenner from M&S and really comfy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Hahaaaa me too, just now.
And found this
To which I quote:
In that article, she describes herself as a “lesbian-identifying” woman, not as a lesbian which she has done multiple times elsewhere.
1BF335E8-C2E5-4D1D-8D7B-E90BB0B24420.jpeg

I guess for Jack that’s probably more honest than most of what she says as by her own proud admission, she’s been getting her share of burgers and cock this year. ‘Lesbian-identifying’ but also into boys in scrubs, Old Harolds and other shift-working wang, ‘Single-parent identifying’ (Gingerbread approved ✅), with an always-supportive co-parent who’s always been in the picture.

See also: ‘Hundred hour work week-identifying’, ‘Boiling soap-identifying’

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Can confirm. I went to private secondary for a couple of years, I made some great friends from that world, and my hometown friends. I had my first at 22 - hometown friends were doing the school run with a toddler and a baby in tow by then, my PS friends were all doing Masters degrees and were very “oh dear, are you sure this is a good idea?”

No, I bloody wasn’t 🤣 But I LEARNED. Mostly from exMIL, who I’m going to terrorise with the Green and Eggs and Ham pasta at the weekend she picks Not A Good Idea up.
Lmao those private school friends are me. Friends get pregnant and I'm like "holy tit what? and you want it?? oh wait, you're 30" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Lmao those private school friends are me. Friends get pregnant and I'm like "holy tit what? and you want it?? oh wait, you're 30" 😂
I had a somewhat mixed social group in my twenties, a lot was riding on whether you did the congratulations or oh duck face when anyone said they were pregnant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
In that article, she describes herself as a “lesbian-identifying” woman.
View attachment 1630593

I guess for Jack that’s probably more honest than most of what she says as by her own proud admission, she’s been getting her share of burgers and cock this year. ‘Lesbian-identifying’ but also into boys in scrubs, Old Harolds and other shift-working wang
Don’t forget thirsting over a grieving Harry at the Queen’s funeral.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
It's another giveaway to her class background. When I lived in the UK, we were in a poor area and a lot of the girls I went to high school with became mothers very young. Then I went on to university, and entered a middle class environment where having a kid under 25 would have been unfathomable - even under 30 was very unusual.
This is exactly it. Many of my school friends had their first kids late teens or early 20s. Some were planned, some not, sometimes dad stuck around, sometimes not, but what was universally the case as far as I could see was that mums thought carefully about the changes the child would bring to their lives and planned accordingly. “Not really thinking about it” is nothing to do with being 22 and everything to do with being self centred and emotionally immature.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I had a somewhat mixed social group in my twenties, a lot was riding on whether you did the congratulations or oh duck face when anyone said they were pregnant.
Yes. I have failed at this when a friend who’d always said she’d never have kids ‘NEVERRRRR!’ phoned to say she was pregnant. I responded with the sympathy and disastrous event levels I thought would be appropriate given her decade of statements which I always respected and believed. I’m not a mama who thinks if you don’t have sprogs your life is incomplete. Enjoy your holidays and your rewarding career and your nice furniture you witches. 😂
Reader, it was the wrong response. Things were never really the same but I blame her for not updating me. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
View attachment 1630375
I can’t work out how to spoiler an image so apologies for my OT fuckwittery but wanted to assure @FrankReagan that the beloved slider has not been forgotten. Greggs are so inclusive aren’t they?
Awww that’s better. Thank(space)you, dear heart x

ps. It’s typically rich of Jack to say that her Mum chose fostering over ‘sitting on her arse’. Jack, that’s what YOU do, you melon. And it shows a total lack of respect and understanding of the hard work involved in being a stay at home parent. Jack is so cushioned by privilege and entitlement that she has her son’s father taking the bulk of the care responsibilities. And she probably has a cleaner (remember the ‘team’ of staff) who’s working hard on minimum wage (or less!) whilst Jack quaffs spendy and complicated lattes (so quirky) at the local cafe/dog parlour 3 times a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I’ve just seen a TikTok of Leggy on Steph’s packed lunch. She didn’t wash her hands after touching Rae chicken, and when she was told she had a stinking attitude- don’t know why I’m sharing this other then no one in my real life will have a clue who she is and why I found it interesting 😂

Allegra is not a nice person.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I've got a big frame but relatively small boobs (they're a handful each, that's fine with me lol) - I'm actually a 40A but that bra size is practically non-existent, or if they are available, they're made with absolutely zero thought for looking anything other than hideous
Preach! I’ve come to terms with my lack of boob, but bra shopping is a miserable experience because manufacturers seem to think if you’re broad you’re bodacious - not always!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

ps. It’s typically rich of Jack to say that her Mum chose fostering over ‘sitting on her arse’. Jack, that’s what YOU do, you melon. And it shows a total lack of respect and understanding of the hard work involved in being a stay at home parent. Jack is so cushioned by privilege and entitlement that she has her son’s father taking the bulk of the care responsibilities. And she probably has a cleaner (remember the ‘team’ of staff) who’s working hard on minimum wage (or less!) whilst Jack quaffs spendy and complicated lattes (so quirky) at the local cafe/dog parlour 3 times a week.
It's also revealing of her views on people who can't work due to illness/disability. You know, the ones she's always banging on about the DWP murdering. Her mum's okay though because she pushed through and made herself productive. What a massive bleeping tory.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Someone who was saying they knew Jack said she had a cleaner pre pandemic, didn’t they?
Exactly Mammy E may have been unable to work, but fostering isn’t a “job” I don’t believe she had another child after Jack so maybe it was more than just not wanting to “sit on her arse” don’t you think? She also ran a playgroup, I’d say she really likes being with little ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.