Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aside from the nuclear cringe - just who is this stuff for?? Who needs a recipe for mushroom on toast? That's not a recipe it's just stating 2 ingredients that frequently go together. And the boasting is grim. Wanting everyone to think she's got a magic muff
Blimey is it a recipe book or a diary? Also; no pepper? Why is she saying thyme is optional - the meal would just be onions, garlic and mushrooms in cream cheese (yuck PLEASE use crème fraiche and rosemary if you do make this, and sauté the onions in chicken bouillon first) over toast otherwise?

It’s like she sees a meal then tries to be cheap but ends up so far from the meal it’s the equivalent of ketchup on spaghetti being a cheap spaghetti bolognaise. But it’s not.

When I had less money a tin of soup over pasta was a filling meal for two and it was less than 50p. Bit of cheese on top, 30p garlic bread, yes please. If flush, some reduced bakery counter doughnuts for pud. Not posh but who wants that, really with -£250 in the bank I was just happy to be eating.

I could, back in 2000/1 feed me and now husband for £15 a week. It was repetitive and we ate for fuel not fun. Never did we desire to spend our entire weekly budget on a book telling us how to make tit versions of better food. Once we started to earn, then we bought more exciting things. Nowadays I love to make sushi but I’d never patronise someone struggling with a bloody lettuce leaf, leftover rice and spam version for example.

What’s bloody wrong with eating filling simple food, why do we need these new sloppy rank inventions by a woman who gets Hermes scarves as a gift and finds old diamond rings in her house. Piss off Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
In that article she says “I was very young when I had him, so I didn't think a lot about how I'd cope”. If my maths are correct she was twenty two and holding down a demanding job at the time. My mum was sixteen when I was born, that’s very young, twenty two is fairly young to be having a baby in modern Britain, I think the average age of a first time mother is twenty nine, but it’s not very young. She was plenty old enough to understand the impact a baby would have on her life.
She was 23, couple of weeks off 24.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
There was a scammer Jack account asking people to use friends and family to pay into their PayPal, some squigs might've seen that, but Jack didn't give instructions either way.

I'd guess lots of people might pick that option anyway as it's not goods/services they're getting
I do remember one of her FM's asking people to send via friends and family so that Jack wouldn't incur any charges.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I absolutely love Tom Kerridge, 🔺 I work in an area where his current work is v relevant and he’s absolutely everywhere, even more so behind the scenes. Makes you think.
So then you can tell us about all her soft, gentle behind the scenes work?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I genuinely can't understand that hairdo. I would have been so embarrassed I would have shaved the lot immediately. She must have been off her face. Tim Minchin has better hair and he does it on purpose.
I still would rather sport the kumquat than Jack's reverse mullet 😑

Screenshot_20221006-143251_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
Just spotted roadside mum on Twitter-is this snark? I’ve squiggled the first person-RM is the one saying ‘it was another working class woman who brought it to Jack’s attention’.
Also, I know the parody account setting up a ko-fi account is controversial but I bet Jack is fuming. Some of her most gullible squigs could well get confused & contribute thinking they’re paying Jack. Imagine the rage at anyone else getting cash she wants? Ha. The best part is she can’t really comment as it would simply flag up the fact that she begs for money for nothing.
Roadside Moan has her own thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Someone earlier mentioned there is a photo of topless Jack out there. Yes, I googled it. 😬
But apparently she’d rather scrape her own eyes out with one of her rusty spoons than be a presenter? Jack is, & always has been, desperate for fame and recognition.
I suspect she’s got a napoleon complex (no offence to any 5 foot 1.7 normal people, it only relates to gobby, boring, irritating Jack)
Is it the one in my profile pic?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Paging left over chippy shop chip man (remember him?)
apparently
that reheating leftover chips in the toastie maker makes them piping hot and crispy again, they were like fresh. Bye to soggy next day chips.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Blimey is it a recipe book or a diary? Also; no pepper? Why is she saying thyme is optional - the meal would just be onions, garlic and mushrooms in cream cheese (yuck PLEASE use crème fraiche and rosemary if you do make this, and sauté the onions in chicken bouillon first) over toast otherwise?

It’s like she sees a meal then tries to be cheap but ends up so far from the meal it’s the equivalent of ketchup on spaghetti being a cheap spaghetti bolognaise. But it’s not.

When I had less money a tin of soup over pasta was a filling meal for two and it was less than 50p. Bit of cheese on top, 30p garlic bread, yes please. If flush, some reduced bakery counter doughnuts for pud. Not posh but who wants that, really with -£250 in the bank I was just happy to be eating.

I could, back in 2000/1 feed me and now husband for £15 a week. It was repetitive and we ate for fuel not fun. Never did we desire to spend our entire weekly budget on a book telling us how to make tit versions of better food. Once we started to earn, then we bought more exciting things. Nowadays I love to make sushi but I’d never patronise someone struggling with a bloody lettuce leaf, leftover rice and spam version for example.

What’s bloody wrong with eating filling simple food, why do we need these new sloppy rank inventions by a woman who gets Hermes scarves as a gift and finds old diamond rings in her house. Piss off Jack.
I wish I could ❤ this many times over.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'd take the mullet tbh, the kumquat looked so stiff and crispy.
I can believe she had a perm for the kumquat, as per thirst bra dungaree pics, I know back in the day women would get a perm (in order to then straighten when drying) to give hair more volume and lift which she certainly achieved with kumquat. You can se the hair is over processed as hell when it’s orange. Dryer than the Sahara.

Is it the one in my profile pic?
Sadly, no

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Absolute hysterics here. The https://northernlifemagazine.co.uk/jack-monroe article you provided here is published 16 Feb 2015 and states (as you said) keeping kids out of the press.

The Guardian article where A's daughter's face is not in the press but Jack's son IS in the press is dated 15 Feb 2015
View attachment 1630393

Oh, Jack, why are you like this?

Seriously, why?
D9B15590-1556-440C-BCA5-5277DC04452C.jpeg

“Oh, and PS for the TROLLS, when I say not ever, I’m not including that time I was a single mother and former foodbank user raising my son alone with no support system whatsoever, when I moved him away him from his dad, school and friends and we moved to London and in with the clitoris clams sender, having known her for all of two weeks. Anyway, I uprooted him again and moved him back there a matter of mere months later so it LITERALLY doesn’t even count.”

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
Why is she saying thyme is optional - the meal would just be onions, garlic and mushrooms in cream cheese (yuck PLEASE use crème fraiche and rosemary if you do make this, and sauté the onions in chicken bouillon first) over toast otherwise?
She doesn't understand food and how flavours work together, and she's cooking down to a price point, not up to a standard. So the thyme can go because she doesn't understand why it's there, and so it's just added expense. Ditto with the creme fraiche. It's expensive and cream cheese is the same thing (if you don't understand food), so just swap one for the other.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She was 23, couple of weeks off 24.
I had two toddlers at 24 and knew pretty much exactly what to expect and do. I didn’t have contact with my own family and I know the ‘one good, classic, recommended book’ is far away from Jack’s approach but that plus friends and friends mums plus baby mags and the constant contact with health visitors, gp appts, innoculations, baby groups etc I LEARNED.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.