Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's also because they'd all have to go back and retcon their history with her. The media made her into what she is today, it would be a massive embarrassment to so many people if they had to admit to platforming her and being taken in by her.

View attachment 1622265

"It is one of the most moving and vivid accounts of the reality of modern poverty."
Bollocks.
It was a middle class woman's palatable interpretation of poverty.

Watch any of the channel 5 or 4 shows featuring poor people. Benefit Street, Benefits By The Sea etc. These shows feature real poor people, but they get dismissed as Scroungers cause they've got a TV and a kid.
Meanwhile Monroe scrounges money at every turn, but she's fine and dandy..

Double standards? Class elitism? Middle class foolishness? Who knows.
People have a narrative and find what fits their views and anything outside of it is uncomfortable and has to be diminished.

(That was a bit of a rant, but I'm not sorry..)

• Heart
Reactions: 118
It bleeping grates my spam every time she says ‘wee’ - and I’m not even Scottish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
The Bookseller gives one free article per month so some people might be able to access it below.

ETA: Archive Link https://archive.ph/LvFiN
From the article, “Frugality can be exhausting, complicated and overwhelming; I’ve tried here to make some elements of it genuinely enjoyable, simple and very gently life-changing instead.”

She really is full of tit isn’t she. Making frugality genuinely enjoyable, tell that to people trying to make ends meet.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 89
That Tonkinson woman is on another planet and her relationship with Jack is very...odd. And Rosemary the agent can get in the bin with her as well, abusive bully enablers, the pair of them. Ought to be down right ashamed of themselves.
And from Jack : "be a little friendlier to the planet by making single-use plastics into many-years-of-use plastics, and more."
Dunno what that means, and "be a little friendlier to the planet" is very weak

• Angry
Reactions: 42
It's also because they'd all have to go back and retcon their history with her. The media made her into what she is today, it would be a massive embarrassment to so many people if they had to admit to platforming her and being taken in by her.

View attachment 1622265

"It is one of the most moving and vivid accounts of the reality of modern poverty."
Her compo face is strong... Even though she wasn't in line for any compo.

Really makes you think 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 41
"be a little friendlier to the planet by making single-use plastics into many-years-of-use plastics, and more."
If you re-use plastics which are meant to be single use (eg bottles of water), they start leaching chemicals into the contents, and ask any cyclist what happens if you don't wash your bottles properly (it's best described as apocalyptic, at both ends). Far better to eschew single use plastics as far as possible and buy a reusable bottle that can go through the dishwasher.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I think I've misunderstood this screenshot. Who is saying the dog needs a haircut? Is it someone tweeting Jack to tell her or is it Jack?
Jack is saying it. I think the point is, she's well aware the dog needs grooming but when she was told as such on instagram she threw a completely unwarranted tantrum rather than replying saying the dog is due in on Thursday, grooming is limited when they're puppies to allow the coat to come in and yeah, she can see the picture doesn't look great. It smacks of hypocrisy.

Lol at the article. Free e-book with 30 free recipes (10 new, 20 rehashed ones). That reeks of compromise from a publisher there. I wonder if that was the original plan or whether they were forced to reuse old ones.

Don't see how spending £20 to save pennies is a worthwhile investment. Certainly isn't one those in poverty can make. #vimesbootindex ?

Reactions: 57
So she's back on twitter because she's got a book to push and people seeing a deactivated account after reading about the new book might ask questions.

From the article, “Frugality can be exhausting, complicated and overwhelming; I’ve tried here to make some elements of it genuinely enjoyable, simple and very gently life-changing instead.”

She really is full of tit isn’t she. Making frugality genuinely enjoyable, tell that to people trying to make ends meet.
Oh it's such a jolly lark buying supermarket value own label food and reusing yogurt pots.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Given that most of her tweets are in Swedish, I find that pretty unlikely.

Jack's socks tend to be easily identifiable due to Jack's monstrous ego. She puts something like "secret blue ticker gone rogue" or "you'll never guess what my main account is" in the bio. She is as subtle as a pumble to the face.
I promise it's not me although I will have to have a read of her page now.

Anyway, national treasure, my arse. National Twonk, maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She's lurking around, liking tweets - her saggy fingers must be itching to knock out a 'never fear, saviour of the poor is here' tweet

1664791247768.png

• Haha
  • Wow
So she's back on twitter because she's got a book to push and people seeing a deactivated account after reading about the new book might ask questions.
I don't even think it's this. She does very little to promote her books and appearances these days.

She doesn't give a duck so long as she has the patreon money, any appearance fees locked in and she got her book advances. So long as she gets her money, she doesn't give a toss.

Edit: Like any other author would retweet this. She's not even asked her followers to pre-order it.
Screenshot_20221003_110729.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
I don't even think it's this. She does very little to promote her books and appearances these days.

She doesn't give a duck so long as she has the patreon money, any appearance fees locked in and she got her book advances. So long as she gets her money, she doesn't give a toss.
It might've been at the request of her agent/ publisher maybe? So at least if they tag her in the tag leads somewhere.

It's not going to be worth them pushing for newspaper column inches (although she is on trend - making money from a financial crisis is her niche) so Twitter is probably the best/easiest place to promote as she is well known on the bird app

Reactions: 32
One of the most neglected knives there is worth over £300 as well. 😑
Interesting... what's the sum on that little lot? 🕵️‍♂️
Ha! I didn't know about BootstrapHealth. Just had a look and I can see it seems to have lasted less than a month. Is that a record?
Neither did I until @Tin Can Crook pointed it out last thread, chapeau!
All this talk of Healthy on a Bootstrap has reminded me of some of her other projects. Any other old timers remember The Gaily Mail (the Twitter for it is still there) and it links to Cooper's account which was abandoned after 7 tweets.
1664790265488.png

pussinbootstrap ⚰
I'm surprised tbh. I can only imagine that it'll drive even more people to email the agent asking her to get Jack to sort patreon etc.
It says work enquiries. WARNED.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.