Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s sooo hilarious as well. Learning and laughing! Same team of actors did Bill (about William Shakespeare and Ghosts (older audience than very young children but my son has seen them) - also hilarious.
I still remember the poem on the front of the HH world war one book

Noses are red
My feet are blue
There's lice in my pants
And the rats ate the stew.

Yes dark humour, but it brings to life, in a way children can understand, the reality...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Some of the songs from the early series of HH were LITERALLY (see what I did there HH fans?) genius.
Completely agree. SG aka Small Girl aka my child loves Horrible Histories and has learnt so much and it’s given her a real thirst for learning more about history because it’s so engaging. She loves the song (and can recite the whole thing!) where they name all the royals in order, it’s brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To give Jack the benefit of the doubt, they may have come from the food bank (many, many threads ago someone posted about the importance of donating something nice as it could make someone’s day)

Same for the formula (though Aptamil is ~fancy~ formula 😂 ). Pure speculation but would food banks give it to a 2 year old in (allegedly) dire poverty, as it provides more calories and nutrients than normal milk? That’s a sad thought

Everything else looks to be value range - genuinely a bit of poverty or just greater dedication to the cosplay at the start? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I didn't reply to you last time, it gets so busy here! Where im from, there was no food banks years ago, food is extremely expensive and had to be so careful with shopping. I'm now within a stones throw from a lidl and it's a dream come true. Also wouldn't there be some sort of free milk scheme for babies/growing children back then too, like there is now?

Reactions: 11
Would also strongly advise you to check out thread #31: The One Where Jack Gets A Tattle Account (she came across as a right cock).

Couple of other details:
- she's obsessed with the fact that she lives in a "crappy rented bungalow" but it's actually a beautiful and HUGE detached property.
- she claims to have been in the fire service (and even used her expertise to help out after Grenfell) but in reality she was just a call handler.
- despite making money off the six months she lived on the edge of destitution/ foodbank use, her dad is actually quite high up in the fire service and she had a distinctly middle class childhood, being driven to ballet lessons in a (blue) Range Rover.
- we made her rage by questioning whether her cat was a pedigree. Also she's just got herself a very disabled new kitten for clicks.

She's... quite the character.
Er excuse you. It was a NAVY blue Range Rover.

(Apologies if this has been brought up, I'm back to page 2 of this thread)

Terrifyingly calm

I adore SJP in this film. She looked gorgeous.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Purely speculation ( but sounds the kitty needs alot of help)

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Is it OK we call her a twit though? 😂Sorry not sorry.
I'm not a mod and also I'm Scottish lol so I'm not overly offended by even the rudest of rude words. Calling someone "it" is so dehumanising, though, and I'm really glad it was either reported or picked up on independently (or both) 💁‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I didn't reply to you last time, it gets so busy here! Where im from, there was no food banks years ago, food is extremely expensive and had to be so careful with shopping. I'm now within a stones throw from a lidl and it's a dream come true. Also wouldn't there be some sort of free milk scheme for babies/growing children back then too, like there is now?
Yes, Healthy Start vouchers were launched in around 2006 so definitely would've been available from when Jack was pregnant until her son was 4.

Reactions: 13
And the amount of benefits she said she is getting doesn't seem right, there would have been either income support, or working tax credit and child tax credit.
She got working tax credit. She mentioned it in the articles at the time. It’s not a lot of cash though to be fair.

Reactions: 6
Not anywhere that I can find, babe. Where did you see this? Spoiler alert - new pup.
I think I just am now assuming every possible personal issue under he sun 😂 (or I’m mistaking her with someone, prob Jameela jamil)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think I just am now assuming every possible personal issue under he sun 😂 (or I’m mistaking her with someone, prob Jameela jamil)
Emm, you were right. A couple of people found the relevant articles.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And the amount of benefits she said she is getting doesn't seem right, there would have been either income support, or working tax credit and child tax credit.
would any of those amounts be affected because she resigned from her job rather than sacked?

Reactions: 4
Hell is Jameela Jamil, Lena Dunham, Liz Jones and Jack having one of those vaseline lensed roundtable earnest discussions. Although they woud just talk over eachother.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Hell is Jameela Jamil, Lena Dunham, Liz Jones and Jack having one of those vaseline lensed roundtable earnest discussions. Although they woud just talk over eachother.
There would definitely be a lot of out-Eeyoreing on display.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just off Jack for a minute (sorry, Jack)...
Thanks to all you amazing hausfrauen for all your good wishes! F***ing hell, moving house is stressful, isn't it?

I was supposed to move on Friday but the funds didn't go from the bank to the advocate as they should have, so I spent all day frantically making phonecalls. The bank admitted they had cocked up. By the time I got the keys, just before close of business, I felt physically and emotionally too tired to move. I just crumpled and all I wanted to do was spend the night in my old familiar surroundings. I felt a sort of grief, wasn't ready to let go. Luckily, my buyers were happy with that - they're not moving in, they're going to gut the place and renovate from scratch.

Anyway, I moved on Saturday with amazing help from friends. The first night was a shocker - I lay awake, overtired, in this strange place which had belonged to my vendors for 45 years. So worried about my little, elderly cat, who was so upset by the change that she hid in a cupboard for hours. I had sleep paralysis and imagined a dark figure crossing the room!

But! A few days later and things look very different. I've completely unpacked and am slowly settling and relaxing. Dear Puss has found her appetite and is tentatively exploring. It's such a beautiful place, I can't believe it's really mine. There's a lot of work to do but all in good time.

Big long distance hug and lots of love to everyone here. This community is so, so fab. XXX

PS Jack, you have blancmange for brains and are an utterly ridiculous person.
Currently Grunkaing through far too many pages in the time I was just nipped out - damn you people who are anchoring down for the cause ✊

Sending moving in hugs and glad after a stressful beginning you and Kitty are settling in well xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Do you think the

I’m sure it’s been said, but owning a Ford Kia when she doesn’t drive?
And a "40 mile commute to Brentwood" - she clearly drove, as if you take the train you always say the distance in time taken. "Jackie's commute" "Jackie's fridge" "Jackie's shopping list for the week"

I love it!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
She's an unprofessional little prick that can't cook for tit, I hope nobody gives her any bleeping work.

I dislike her more than I hate MeAgain Markle.
Its a tough one but currently they are equal for me 🤣 🤣

Cretins!

I promise I wont comment again until I have caught up my Coven of Jackexiters xx

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.