Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Mirror article and "Jackie's" fridge, it's just bollocks. Jack comes from a comparatively well-off family.

Jonny's grandparents (mother: nurse; father: fire service, honoured at Buckingham Palace) would not sit back and see him without adequate food and clothes - nor would his father and, possibly, who knows, his parents.

I think we need a timeline of Jack's life, year by year, from leaving school up until she appeared in the public eye. There are gaps of years, and it's all very murky. She has been VERY selective about what she has said.

Reactions: 30
I think so too. She's linking them to her MH. She's already tweeted about her autism being the cause for her noticing the DETAIL in the DW book illustrations, and it being the reason she must tweet frantically when she notices an injustice. I am absolutely not saying she doesn't have autism, I am simply wondering if I myself and in fact all of us here also have autism as we notice the details and the injustice of the absolute tripe JM comes off with frequently to her very large platform
Way back on the magical Wednesday of thread #31 I pointed out to JM that she often focused on details and expressed some sympathy with this behaviour, because my daughter does the same thing and gets all het up when she sees one that doesn't chime with her understanding. I absolutely did not mean for it to become one of her *reasons' for getting all frantic all the time, I meant it was something that she could work on to help her to calm down and recognise when she was in a spiral.

I'm not arrogant enough to think our brief exchange had much impact on her, but she has mentioned it a few times, specifically, since that Wednesday and I'm feeling all itchy to think I've even vaguely given her a get out. I nearly posted about it before, but thought it was a bit self-obsessed of me to see what I said as having an impact. Anyway, if it did, I just wanted to point out that she completely misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean it to be an excuse/reason, I meant it to be something that it might be helpful to work on.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Way back on the magical Wednesday of thread #31 I pointed out to JM that she often focused on details and expressed some sympathy with this behaviour, because my daughter does the same thing and gets all het up when she sees one that doesn't chime with her understanding. I absolutely did not mean for it to become one of her *reasons' for getting all frantic all the time, I meant it was something that she could work on to help her to calm down and recognise when she was in a spiral.

I'm not arrogant enough to think our brief exchange had much impact on her, but she has mentioned it a few times, specifically, since that Wednesday and I'm feeling all itchy to think I've even vaguely given her a get out. I nearly posted about it before, but thought it was a bit self-obsessed of me to see what I said as having an impact. Anyway, if it did, I just wanted to point out that she completely misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean it to be an excuse/reason, I meant it to be something that it might be helpful to work on.
I’ve noticed that too and have also been reminded of the (very kind and sympathetic) message you posted to her on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
With these screenshots you are really spoiling us, @Silver Linings.

Artemis Fowl is actually on his recommended reading list. Wish me luck in trying to persuade him to actually read it...
My son has just finished Artemis Fowl. Apparently they’re better than Harry Potter and Skulduggery Pleasant!

He’s also watched the film on Disney + about 5 times. 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can honestly say watching HH has taught me more about history than school ever did. The key to learning is being interested and engaged, and, with children you have to tune in to what appeals to them and thats often base humour, from their the education begins.
Some of the songs from the early series of HH were LITERALLY (see what I did there HH fans?) genius.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
HH are great to engage kids, I adored them when I was small too. If any of the cabal whose mini-fraus like them are in the London area I'd really recommend visiting the Clink museum near London Bridge - it's almost like a museum version of horrible histories, I'm 32 and went just before lockdown and loved it but more importantly there were plenty of kids around 8-13ish who were enthralled!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I went over to the India Knight thread tonight - love the fact that people talk about Grunka-ing on other threads 😍😂
I’m in awe that anyone has time to read other threads. Keeping up with with the latest in MonroeLand is 🥵🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I agree.

Anyway, onto the mirror article (Jackie?) and some expert comes on to say sb isn't getting any milk. Plus that's expensive looking cereal and baby milk for a 2 year old? If only she knew how to rinse beans back then eh🙄View attachment 175355
To give Jack the benefit of the doubt, the cereal may have come from the food bank (many, many threads ago someone posted about the importance of donating something nice as it could make someone’s day)

Same for the formula (though Aptamil is ~fancy~ formula 😂 ). Pure speculation but would food banks give it to a 2 year old in (allegedly) dire poverty, as it provides more calories and nutrients than normal milk? That’s a sad thought

Everything else looks to be value range - genuinely a bit of poverty or just greater dedication to the cosplay at the start? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
HH are great to engage kids, I adored them when I was small too. If any of the cabal whose mini-fraus like them are in the London area I'd really recommend visiting the Clink museum near London Bridge - it's almost like a museum version of horrible histories, I'm 32 and went just before lockdown and loved it but more importantly there were plenty of kids around 8-13ish who were enthralled!
This sounds brilliant. Thank you x

Reactions: 6
Just wondering why, above your link does it say Stop Saying It?
Every now and then people come on these threads and use ‘it’ to refer to JM rather than ‘she’. When people report these posts, mods will either delete or deal with it (as above). Awful slur.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.