Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She got working tax credit. She mentioned it in the articles at the time. It’s not a lot of cash though to be fair.
Unless I've misread, she didn't include it in the calculations in the Daily Mirror article, and it would have added considerably to her income.

Reactions: 5
I didn't reply to you last time, it gets so busy here! Where im from, there was no food banks years ago, food is extremely expensive and had to be so careful with shopping. I'm now within a stones throw from a lidl and it's a dream come true. Also wouldn't there be some sort of free milk scheme for babies/growing children back then too, like there is now?
No worries! Lidl is a dream if you can resist the middle aisles 😬
Afaik (correct me if I’m wrong or if it was different back then) the scheme is now Healthy Start vouchers which can be used for vegetables, fruit, milk and infant formula. She’d qualify for £3.10 a week which would buy a good amount of milk but wouldn’t nearly be enough for a tub of formula

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I think it was a tool to score pity points. It’s quite emotive, seeing baby formula in a sparse cupboard. Unless of course you ask the question of why it’s there when it is expensive and the child is two

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Hell is Jameela Jamil, Lena Dunham, Liz Jones and Jack having one of those vaseline lensed roundtable earnest discussions. Although they woud just talk over eachother.
Confession: I have a bit of a soft spot for Liz Jones. I have absolutely no idea why. I’ll get my coat....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
We got one free from an energy provider about 15 years ago in an effort to get us to switch to them.
Didn't switch and shoved in a drawer. Got left there for years and years.
One night it started beeping and I completely shat myself. Started screaming to the children to get outside and Mr Moo and I ran around frantically opening doors and windows.
Rang British Gas who arrived with the Fire Brigade.

Turned out it was just beeping because batteries needed changing.

Firemen were pissing themselves laughing. I've never been so embarrassed.
That’s exactly something I would do 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
No worries! Lidl is a dream if you can resist the middle aisles 😬
Afaik (correct me if I’m wrong or if it was different back then) the scheme is now Healthy Start vouchers which can be used for vegetables, fruit, milk and infant formula. She’d qualify for £3.10 a week which would buy a good amount of milk but wouldn’t nearly be enough for a tub of formula

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I think it was a tool to score pity points. It’s quite emotive, seeing baby formula in a sparse cupboard. Unless of course you ask the question of why it’s there when it is expensive and the child is two
Back in the mid 90s, when I had my eldest I was entitled to free milk and health visitor changed us over to cows milk when baby was 6 months old. Not the greatest idea looking back, but I still don't understand why children over the age of 1 with no allergies need to remain on formula, plus the hassle of having to prepare it. Shes just lucky that bread didn't cost a minimum of £1.50 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Bollocks, bullshit and absolute nonsense.
'Make' her look mad? MAKE her look mad? um, doing a grand enough job of that by yourself love

Contacted by hundreds of schools? Really Jack? bleeping REALLY?!!!

I apologise if my language/terminology is triggering but she is a complete and utter bleeping lunatic
So many schools aren’t even open atm? And I imagine those that are have enough on their plate with trying to socially distance young students. Jesus every day she is worse

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My own SB has a box set of HH purchased fairly reasonably from the works, brilliant for KS2 to aid topics such as Romans, Egyptians, Stone Age ect. They have really helped my son with his enthusiasm for learning.
Edit - he also enjoyed the fairly recent film too, worth a watch whilst homeschooling.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I often think this. Would make for an interesting read, but she'll never do it because the timeline and facts would all have to be there. She could no longer change it up, add or remove, basically come off with whatever bullshit she pulls out of the air on any given day anymore lol
She’d probably make it one of those books that jump back and forth in a badly written way to make it too confusing for anyone to real understand the inconsistencies

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Am sure she spoke about WTC in the Sunday people article. Not sure of the figure. Maybe 50 quid a week or so.

Reactions: 3
Confession: I have a bit of a soft spot for Liz Jones. I have absolutely no idea why. I’ll get my coat....

When she was on Big Brother, she did a really convincing lie (as a task) which really endeared her to me. She was in a bath IIRC and she played up the mad cat woman thing to the max. Can't find a clip but it was really good.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I do agree with this but equally a cartoon character who appears to be white (though highly stylised!) is going to be perceived as white unless implied otherwise. The character looks white, and as far as the text goes there’s nothing to suggest she isn’t white (afaik?). When DW’s publishers claim she’s white, there’s no ‘gotcha’ point

Also this makes her claims all the more sinister in my opinion. @instacharlie posted many photos of the character, and surely even skimming through you’d notice that she isn’t black? She completely pulled the racism claim out of her arse
Yeh I don’t get how a “hard to pronounce name” mean someone has to be black?! Has she ever met someone with an Irish name , for example? She is so enfuritating

Reactions: 22
Unless I've misread, she didn't include it in the calculations in the Daily Mirror article, and it would have added considerably to her income.
I have tax credits (Child as now earn too much for Working) & couldn’t survive without them, I get around £3.5k a year

edit- this has been the case since marriage breakdown about 8 years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
When she was on Big Brother, she did a really convincing lie (as a task) which really endeared her to me. She was in a bath IIRC and she played up the mad cat woman thing to the max. Can't find a clip but it was really good.
YES! I remember now, It’s all BB’s fault. I need to try and find this clip.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.