Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 174982

I'll do it.

You'll get

Genuinely Disabled (complete with the medication stored in the not-£3000 fridge and the kitchen cupboard with non-temperature controlled medication in shot)
Talks openly about it (because having tit genetics and an immune system that hates being idle is nothing to be ashamed about) when I can be bothered because I'm bleeping bored after over 40 years of it.
Uses various, cheap items (such as a £2 knife sharpener, a £30 microwave, a £5 jar opener or a free Mr D) to deal with FRESH ingredients.
Doesn't usually use tins because they're harder to get into than any other packaging (other than the skin of a Swede or Butternut Squash), but has a nifty way with a tablespoon that can get most ringpulls up at no additional expense. Or I just get Tetrapacks and use a pair of scissors.
Could use frozen - a bag of peas or butternut squash isn't that esoteric - and it's handy to put the excess soup in there ready for 'I can't be bleeping arsed' days.
Decent, affordable, accessible, NUTRITIOUS, NICE TASTING & ATTRACTIVE recipes.

Oh, and I wouldn't be arseing about with patronising people who are perfectly able to cook but have been buggered up by a dodgy hand or hip.

The main difference would be no crushing garlic with the heel of a knife (as that hurts), I'd be thumping it with a tin or lightweight steel pan,
No impossible to lift cast iron pots costing more than a week's wages.
There would be a comfortable seat and table for preparing food, rather than standing up all the time,
I'd do my awesome Raspberry Ripple recipe.
No Need to Knead Bread. Possibly with a passing reference to breadmakers being nice but not essential, but more using sourdough techniques without the expensive enamel pot to heat and then carry around the kitchen. Or a pot of doom festering on the countertop.
You'd probably get some good shots of me limping or dealing with a hand hurting.
and there would be NOTHING resembling 'Oh look, aren't I grand for teaching helpless disableds to cook?'. So no CRIP KITCHEN WITH JACK MONROE.

Hit my people up, Jack. I'm game.

I can show you how to cook onions if you like.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I was just on Mumsnet and lots of posts about JM on that thread about her are being deleted. I think JM must be kicking off and asking them to delete them.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
To be honest they both come off as insufferable beasts - but I did laugh when the grandfather was brought up and she goes, ‘My grandfather is DEAD.’

Not that it’s funny her grandfather is dead, of course - just the dramatic way she says it, like she’s a character in Days our Lives.
I think the grandfather had very recently died and EC had ploughed his obituary for juicy info which does make her look like an utter bellend so tbf I think Jack was upset at that

Reactions: 14
Serious question - she clearly hates cooking and it shows as she's not very good at it. How on earth has she managed to get so many books published when the quality of her food is so poor?
I think because of the activism angle and her penchant for buzzwords. It gives her an angle to get into conversation. If she wasn't so inconsistent and horrid to people she'd be more revered than she is. She had a niche years ago and potential to do much good work, but is progressively paving her way back out of relevance.

Reactions: 13
I was just on Mumsnet and lots of posts about JM on that thread about her are being deleted. I think JM must be kicking off and asking them to delete them.
That’s one of the reasons I left Mumsnet apart from the trolls and fantasists, it was the weak willed and limp HQ who’d wet themselves when a ‘sleb’ threw a hissy fit.

Can I just say Tattlers , this is the best thread ever and I love you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
OMG please let that happen, along with the ‘A Weird Weekend with Jack Monroe and Louis Theroux 🙏🙏🙏
“Hi Jack, we’re to film....”

“Get out, I’m BUSY!!”

“Okay well just let me ask you about your poverty experience. Some people might be wondering if you were really as poor as you made out...”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She's oddly proud of not being able to pronounce "tutelage", isn't she? It's an odd choice of hill on which to die. I didn't think it was a particularly obscure word, but thanks to JM, I stand corrected!
I reckon she thinks it makes her sound authentic: proppa workin clarse and unedumacated.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sorry popped over and catching up.
Re kitten (this May have been covered) she has a thing for not quite well animals / little furries dying. From memory she lost a rabbit and 2 guinea pigs to carbon monoxide poisoning in the flat that nearly killed her a few years ago.

there is it really not enough drama in the world to keep her going.

and again not sure if covered but her joining the FB MrsGlossand the goss a couple of years ago... when she was in her non binary phase, or I mean just coming out of it and discovering Make up and wanted to be every ones best friend in there and super girly.

she takes up running a few weeks after chronic arthritis episodes.

It might be better for her if she kept an excel sheet of all the lies so she can at least go back and check on them all.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Have you seen her post basically saying that thanks to her, people have felt able to come forward with "other" allegations about DW . I have just read her nauseating posts on here, and remembered exactly why I have her blocked on Twitter.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
(Desmond) TUTU-LAGE.
🤣
I’ve been BUSY today working on my honorary masters degree (yes jack an actual degree I’m working hard for, you should try it) and all this tutu talk has me thinking...
A 2:2 is colloquially referred to as a desmond, is this racist now? Need to check because if I get a Desmond in my degree I’ll need to be careful like, don’t want to be upsetting the twit pool 🙄.

I’m still Grunkaing on page 6 so apologies if we’ve covered it.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.