Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen her mention she's disabled before , did she ever say how ?
Iā€™m pretty sure sheā€™s referring to her claims to have autism and ADHD. See here:

I donā€™t believe her though, Iā€™m legitimately diagnosed, and her description of diagnosis in the above link is nonsense.

I canā€™t copy and paste the quote because Iā€™m on my phone, but it included things along the lines of:

ā€¢ ā€œThe doctor said I have 99% of the symptoms of classic autismā€ - no he didnā€™t Jack, ā€œclassic autismā€ is an old-fashioned term for the learning disabled, non-verbal type. Also, they donā€™t give you a percentage score in autism assessments; after the assessment, the psychiatrist will write a pages long report, then the conclusion will just be that they have diagnosed you.
ā€¢ ā€œIt (her autism) has features of ADHD tooā€ - not how it happens. ADHD is a separate condition, and will usually be assessed separately. Edited to add: what she describes is absolutely not a diagnosis of ADHD.

Another thing is that assessments for both conditions take hours involving interviews and questionnaires, and require an interview with a parent or childhood career.

Assuming thereā€™s is any truth to her claims, it sounds like she is talking about going to her GP to discuss her concerns, and the GP as a non-expert, has agreed that she has enough symptoms to refer her for a proper assessment. This is nowhere near the same thing as an actual diagnosis. Also, the waiting list after referral can be a whole year or more, Iā€™m sure as a perpetual victim we would have heard about this if it was true.

Finally, not being able to drive is not a major symptom of autism. Sure many of us canā€™t drive, including me, but lots of people struggle to drive. As a stand-alone symptom, what she describes sounds more like anxiety.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh no please stop. I mean fair enough they should have given her money, but do it quietly. šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m here for the conversation being derailed to correctly identify this script :ROFLMAO:

You really thought your DW attacks would keep us on topic, Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Why does she have to kill food? She literally kills it šŸ˜­
Serious question - she clearly hates cooking and it shows as she's not very good at it. How on earth has she managed to get so many books published when the quality of her food is so poor?

Reactions: 31
View attachment 174926

It's not a competition, Jack! Zero help? Don't you share custody? Jimmy-Nail-shes-lying.JPEG

ETA: If she feels like this deep down though then it is really sad :( I normally refuse to comment on SB but he has never looking nothing but well looked after, despite everything that goes on with her.
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!! She is awful! What a nice thing to do would be to say to the woman, who maybe has been dying to get that off her chest for days, ā€œI know what you mean, itā€™s a scary thought is it. But youā€™ve come this far, youā€™ve got this! It WILL be okā€.

I think thatā€™s awful to say she feels the same. IMO she would have been better off ignoring her!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!! She is awful! What a nice thing to do would be to say to the woman, who maybe has been dying to get that off her chest for days, ā€œI know what you mean, itā€™s a scary thought is it. But youā€™ve come this far, youā€™ve got this! It WILL be okā€.

I think thatā€™s awful to say she feels the same. IMO she would have been better off ignoring her!
Yes, the ā€˜sameā€™ shuts the woman down with nowhere else to go . As always, the person most important to Jack is Jack and bollocks to everyone else.

Reactions: 24
Yes, the ā€˜sameā€™ shuts the woman down with nowhere else to go . As always, the person most important to Jack is Jack and bollocks to everyone else.
I just hope she realises it's very lonely at the top, ask any really really famous people.

Especially ones who have stepped on people to get there.

Reactions: 12
arthritis. There were pictures of her poor disabled hands, posts about her hobbling along with a walking stick and how this was her new life forever, An open letter to Diane Abbott that she signed off as being a disabled mum.

not so much in recent times
Whereā€™s that clip of her jumping on her sofa when you need it?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Serious question - she clearly hates cooking and it shows as she's not very good at it. How on earth has she managed to get so many books published when the quality of her food is so poor?
She talks everyone to death , she could actually talk a glass eye to sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.