Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she’s napping. I can do another late one, Jack, i’m in that insomnia phase where I feel invincible.
Eta, I love Schitts but I hate Roland. He’s so gross. The actor was in one of the scary movie films and did something really yucky that I think about often.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Someone mentioned this before, is there any more information on it? I'm surprised, if it is true, that we haven't heard more from her about it, what with her tales of woe. I would have thought she'd become the face of carbon monoxide detectors at the very least.
The face of carbon monoxide detectors. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Someone mentioned this before, is there any more information on it? I'm surprised, if it is true, that we haven't heard more from her about it, what with her tales of woe. I would have thought she'd become the face of carbon monoxide detectors at the very least.
It was me who said it previously. I’m 99% sure she said something about it on IG, years ago, but I can’t check because she blocked me last week for liking the ‘poor kitten’ comment someone else made 🙄

She may have said something about it on her blog but I cba trawling through to find, soz 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry popped over and catching up.
Re kitten (this May have been covered) she has a thing for not quite well animals / little furries dying. From memory she lost a rabbit and 2 guinea pigs to carbon monoxide poisoning in the flat that nearly killed her a few years ago.

there is it really not enough drama in the world to keep her going.

and again not sure if covered but her joining the FB MrsGlossand the goss a couple of years ago... when she was in her non binary phase, or I mean just coming out of it and discovering Make up and wanted to be every ones best friend in there and super girly.

she takes up running a few weeks after chronic arthritis episodes.

It might be better for her if she kept an excel sheet of all the lies so she can at least go back and check on them all.
I hadn't heard about the near death encounter or the dead pets. When was that?

Reactions: 6
so what you’re saying is you’ve got £55,000
What do these people actually think of these alleged allegations. Why doesn't she take them to court. If she can win against that other bird she should have no trouble with this lot.

Come on crack on.....

Reactions: 13
I do however believe Jack’s narcissism means that she doesn’t think enough about SB. He’ll eventually read her stories and be extremely confused. These claims also reflect so badly on her extended family and SB’s dad / his family. Imagine being falsely portrayed like this. She doesn’t care about anyone else’s feelings - she just wants all the recognition for living the worst life ever
I believe SB's father went on Mumsnet to say that he had to tiptoe around her for peace and contact. As SB gets older, it's likely that he will have far more of a say in where he wants to be and that (and/or her worsening behaviour) could tip the dad into going for custody. SB has come back from his dad to get his book damaged and his mum ignoring him to spend hours on Twitter trashing his chosen reading. She even prefers to spend time on social media while ostensibly listening to him talking about another of his favourite books. What time does she actually spend concentrating on him? As her lies come home to roost and are proven to be lies by those who have the screenshots, it wouldn't look good in court that she's consistently implied that his father and paternal family were happy to see him live without toys and lightbulbs.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Found these replies on Insta. So Mrs J LEFT 10 weeks ago, nice to throw it venomously about again! The flowers she posted from her ‘friends’ including blue bird books, were to cheer her up after the breakup, not connected to the DW debacle, despite her making it look like it was. Then she gaslit the follower when it was pointed out how he was to know, and rightly he calls her out. Ironically I’m not sure if he was meant to sound like Vicky Pollard off Little Britain, in his response, but that’s the voice I read it with in my head 😂
F36A67DC-104E-48F1-8005-5AD0BB3BAD69.jpeg
64B1C86F-21F6-4B77-A58B-4D35AB87F5BC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Funny you should bring that interview up, because it’s not the autism diagnosis story Jack told on here. She said she’d been assessed at home as a child, but when her parents were told she was autistic, they hushed it up and never spoke of it again. Then, apparently, as an adult Jack’s GP casually brought it up as it was on her records, and that was the first Jack knew about it.

I have to say... I was suspicious of that story. I can’t believe Jack’s parents would have gone to the trouble of having experts come to observe her at home... only to hush it up when the diagnosis came. Surely if you were so against your child being diagnosed with autism, you wouldn’t allow them to be assessed in the first place? 🙄
That doesn’t make any sense at all, especially given that the entire point in getting a diagnosis is to access support. If a psychiatrist or educational psychologist came to their house, her parents would almost certainly have paid for it privately. Why pay for a diagnosis to help your child get support, then pretend it never happened? Bullshit.

I think she’s just trying to paint herself as a victim of mean, backwards, autism-phobe parents 🙄

She has given two conflicting tales of her “diagnosis”, so a minimum of one of those is a lie.

What upsets me is that Jack is one of those “autism is my superpower” cunts who are self-diagnosed or barely have anything wrong with them, telling the world that autism isn’t a disability. That’s a great way of decreasing public support for the funding for autism treatment, support and care.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
According to this article her advance was 25k and that was for a one book deal. If you look at the #publishingpaidme hash tag that circulated twitter a couple of weeks ago you’ll see that for an unpublished author’s first book (and a single title deal, not one for two or three books) that’s a pretty bloody good cheque.

Reactions: 19
I’m just sitting here reading the screenshots from Jack’s Twitter and just saying ‘Oh duck off’ out loud to every single one. She’s a humongous fucknugget isn’t she 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Interesting. If the book did meet its advance and went into royalties and the agent held them back (fraudulently, I presume) then that’s not Penguin’s fault.
As far as I remember, Jack herself didn't mention Penguin.

I should stop deleting screenshots after I've posted them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I had a carbon monoxide leak in my flat. Must have been at least 15 years ago. Was from the heating I had in my flat at the time. It was warm air vents. Oddly enough I kept thinking I could smell gas. I know carbon monoxide has no smell but I could smell something

I called the repair team. The repair man came out and went mad at me.

The flame on the pilot light was white and not blue and he said you should have known. I didn’t.

What saved me oddly enough was the fact that this flat is old and the windows don’t close properly in every room.

My ex landlord has been putting carbon monoxide detectors in their homes for at least ten years now.

Is it not mandatory? I’m sure it is here in Scotland. Yes it is. Just checked and has been from 2015.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
It was me who said it previously. I’m 99% sure she said something about it on IG, years ago, but I can’t check because she blocked me last week for liking the ‘poor kitten’ comment someone else made 🙄

She may have said something about it on her blog but I cba trawling through to find, soz 😬
Oh I don't doubt she claimed it happened! I just think she may have realised that it would be a difficult lie story to follow through with, as it would involve more official verification.

Reactions: 8
You’d have thought the pharmacy job would have been in the list of jobs she’s had too, considering how much she ‘learnt’ from it and how important it’s seemed to her recently.

ETA-cross posts this comment was regarding the interview posted above.
It was in the original list darling heart of mine, but I haven't been able to update it due to having to rescue a pup. This is another one who was dumped in the campo near here, our 4th this year. I collected this baby mastin/German Shepherd baby at about 8am on Saturday and guess what, Jack, he was at the vet by 10am. He was full of ticks, anaemic and starving so I've been spending quite a lot of time liking, loving and laughing at all your clever posts but the one thing that I haven't been able to do was engage in on-line wars with imaginary enemies (or posting photos of £60 teapots) or trying to treat him myself. Anyway, long story short, I have managed to find Baby Jake a lovely new home but he will be staying here until he's a bit better. The little tit has also chewed through the lead to my laptop, tipped eleventytwo bowls of water over and poohed on the bed.

Phew. New list updated to include the ludicrous claims in the Washington Post interview.

Before SB:

Bar worker
Body Shop rep
Busker - I'm not sure where this fits TBH, with Billy Bragg
Call handler with Essex Fire and Rescue Service
Chip shop worker
Pharmacy worker
Sex worker
Sunday school teacher
Supermarket worker

Post SB:

Accountant
Author
Book reviewer
Chef
Creative director
Diarist
Food blogger
Food consultant
Food stylist
Journalist
Media manager
Patron of 9 charities
Photographer
Poet
Political activist
Publicist
Radio show personality
Recipe stealer developer
Reporter
Sales Manager
TV presenter

......and mum

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.