Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I think Mumsnet got very stung by the Gina Ford debacle. Before that (EONS ago) they didn't give a tit.
I remember that. I was there when someone said she needed strapping to a rocket and sent to the sun (or something along those lines). Man I feel old!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When i first started on these threads, i think possibly i was in the first thread? Or am i just claiming like our subject? Anyway, when i first started posting i just found her annoying. We all chatted and had fun and although we found her tragic we all still had a little soft spot for her.

She has completely and utterly eradicated that. She is just an awful, horrid person and i cant currently find anything redeeming about her presently. Allegedly ofc.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Jack’s gone quiet , what could this mean ?

tit, she’s probably feeding the medium boy horse spunk lasagne and that peanut spunk drink , KLAXON!!

Save Medium Boy

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m pretty sure she’s referring to her claims to have autism and ADHD. See here:

I don’t believe her though, I’m legitimately diagnosed, and her description of diagnosis in the above link is nonsense.

I can’t copy and paste the quote because I’m on my phone, but it included things along the lines of:

• “The doctor said I have 99% of the symptoms of classic autism” - no he didn’t Jack, “classic autism” is an old-fashioned term for the learning disabled, non-verbal type. Also, they don’t give you a percentage score in autism assessments; after the assessment, the psychiatrist will write a pages long report, then the conclusion will just be that they have diagnosed you.
• “It (her autism) has features of ADHD too” - not how it happens. ADHD is a separate condition, and will usually be assessed separately. Edited to add: what she describes is absolutely not a diagnosis of ADHD.

Another thing is that assessments for both conditions take hours involving interviews and questionnaires, and require an interview with a parent or childhood career.

Assuming there’s is any truth to her claims, it sounds like she is talking about going to her GP to discuss her concerns, and the GP as a non-expert, has agreed that she has enough symptoms to refer her for a proper assessment. This is nowhere near the same thing as an actual diagnosis. Also, the waiting list after referral can be a whole year or more, I’m sure as a perpetual victim we would have heard about this if it was true.

Finally, not being able to drive is not a major symptom of autism. Sure many of us can’t drive, including me, but lots of people struggle to drive. As a stand-alone symptom, what she describes sounds more like anxiety.
Funny you should bring that interview up, because it’s not the autism diagnosis story Jack told on here. She said she’d been assessed at home as a child, but when her parents were told she was autistic, they hushed it up and never spoke of it again. Then, apparently, as an adult Jack’s GP casually brought it up as it was on her records, and that was the first Jack knew about it.

I have to say... I was suspicious of that story. I can’t believe Jack’s parents would have gone to the trouble of having experts come to observe her at home... only to hush it up when the diagnosis came. Surely if you were so against your child being diagnosed with autism, you wouldn’t allow them to be assessed in the first place? 🙄

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
OK I want to preface this by saying I genuinely do not care if someone has any work done, but that Jack v Edwina Currie clip has convinced me of the fact that she's had lip filler (relevant re. her claims of skintness and also re. swollen lips due to her ulcers or w/e m'lud), so I looked back at her insta to try to figure out *when* she's had them done and it must have been about a year and a half ago? Definitely after this -
I agree, her lips are looking ‘done’ after watching that.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
When i first started on these threads, i think possibly i was in the first thread? Or am i just claiming like our subject? Anyway, when i first started posting i just found her annoying. We all chatted and had fun and although we found her tragic we all still had a little soft spot for her.

She has completely and utterly eradicated that. She is just an awful, horrid person and i cant currently find anything redeeming about her presently. Allegedly ofc.
Yes! I've been commenting since thread one and back then she really got on my tits and I was puzzled by the inconsistencies in her yarns, but 40 threads later here I am comparing her to a succubus and tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So she is saying that Penguin Books stole from her???? Hmmmmm ok
If she’s saying she didn’t earn anything off them it means she didn’t meet her advance. The advance is an upfront lump sum on signing/publication but royalties (£ per copy sold/borrowed) don’t kick in until the advance has been earned back. So if the advance was 10K then Penguin would have to make 10k profit on sales before Jack starts getting royalties. If she didn’t earn out her advance on those books then they either didn’t sell that well, the PR went wrong, or the advance was too high and overestimated the number of predicted sales.

Reactions: 36
You’d have thought the pharmacy job would have been in the list of jobs she’s had too, considering how much she ‘learnt’ from it and how important it’s seemed to her recently.

ETA-cross posts this comment was regarding the interview posted above.

Disabled ? duck the duck off. I know she has her arthritis etc........ but COME ON !!!!! Tell a disabled person to compare them to her in the abilities stakes and see what they say.
Updated etc. list:

ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anorexia
Anxiety
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Body Focused Repetitive Beaviour
Broke 46 bones in her foot and sprained shoulder
Concussion (severe)
Depression
Disfigured legs
Distended knees
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Hair loss
Hay Fever (severe)
Heart problems
Immuno compromised
Loose skin
Mouth ulcers and ouchy mouth
Panic attacks
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Scarring
Trauma
Violence
Weakened knees (fell under a train)
Whiplash (severe)

Please keep up, dear heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Honestly. Her 'falling' under a train gets me every time. The picture of the platform and everything. What a clown. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 44
View attachment 174982

I'll do it.

You'll get

Genuinely Disabled (complete with the medication stored in the not-£3000 fridge and the kitchen cupboard with non-temperature controlled medication in shot)
Talks openly about it (because having tit genetics and an immune system that hates being idle is nothing to be ashamed about) when I can be bothered because I'm bleeping bored after over 40 years of it.
Uses various, cheap items (such as a £2 knife sharpener, a £30 microwave, a £5 jar opener or a free Mr D) to deal with FRESH ingredients.
Doesn't usually use tins because they're harder to get into than any other packaging (other than the skin of a Swede or Butternut Squash), but has a nifty way with a tablespoon that can get most ringpulls up at no additional expense. Or I just get Tetrapacks and use a pair of scissors.
Could use frozen - a bag of peas or butternut squash isn't that esoteric - and it's handy to put the excess soup in there ready for 'I can't be bleeping arsed' days.
Decent, affordable, accessible, NUTRITIOUS, NICE TASTING & ATTRACTIVE recipes.

Oh, and I wouldn't be arseing about with patronising people who are perfectly able to cook but have been buggered up by a dodgy hand or hip.

The main difference would be no crushing garlic with the heel of a knife (as that hurts), I'd be thumping it with a tin or lightweight steel pan,
No impossible to lift cast iron pots costing more than a week's wages.
There would be a comfortable seat and table for preparing food, rather than standing up all the time,
I'd do my awesome Raspberry Ripple recipe.
No Need to Knead Bread. Possibly with a passing reference to breadmakers being nice but not essential, but more using sourdough techniques without the expensive enamel pot to heat and then carry around the kitchen. Or a pot of doom festering on the countertop.
You'd probably get some good shots of me limping or dealing with a hand hurting.
and there would be NOTHING resembling 'Oh look, aren't I grand for teaching helpless disableds to cook?'. So no CRIP KITCHEN WITH JACK MONROE.

Hit my people up, Jack. I'm game.

I can show you how to cook onions if you like.
10/10 would watch! Tins can also get to duck.

• Heart
If she’s saying she didn’t earn anything off them it means she didn’t meet her advance. The advance is an upfront lump sum on signing/publication but royalties (£ per copy sold/borrowed) don’t kick in until the advance has been earned back. So if the advance was 10K then Penguin would have to make 10k profit on sales before Jack starts getting royalties. If she didn’t earn out her advance on those books then they either didn’t sell that well, the PR went wrong, or the advance was too high and overestimated the number of predicted sales.
I think this is part of it. I'll have to go through them all again some time to piece it together.

Screenshot_20200705-001501.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I’m sure she said not being able to heat her home properly caused some of her health issues.

Reactions: 6
From memory she lost a rabbit and 2 guinea pigs to carbon monoxide poisoning in the flat that nearly killed her a few years ago.
Someone mentioned this before, is there any more information on it? I'm surprised, if it is true, that we haven't heard more from her about it, what with her tales of woe. I would have thought she'd become the face of carbon monoxide detectors at the very least.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Yes, with DKL it was still fairly tame. I wrestle with it, honestly. Did our scrutiny make her worse? But no, our screengrabs and memories might stop people who can’t spare it giving her tips and buying things from her shop and never (or at least late) receiving them. She’ll be ok, she famously has a support network. I wish her well, I hope every day she properly decides to pack it all in and I will retire my screenshotting thumb forever.

But she’s hurt other people on here, including me. If DW turns out to have done bad things then that’s separate from her glee at thinking she’s ruining his career.

Besides, the screenshots of Jack from years past have proved that my memory of things I was sure she had said/done in the past was right. We’ve just all witnessed it in real time now after thinking we all separately didn’t like her or that things didn’t ring true.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.