Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for you, I really do. I had actually realised my family member was a narc and after a nuclear outburst of narc rage from them have 'grey rocked' them ever since, although I didn't know that was the term for it. We have to communicate occasionally as we're sorting out an inheritance but it's only by email. It has been blissful not having to deal with their dramas, the constant spiteful put-downs and the feeling of walking on eggshells in every conversation.
.I hear you! I’ve NC all my family members who are part of the cult (a few are narcs anyway) not my mum though; I’ve gray rocked her as she still has access to a very limited part of my life (she wants to see the grandkids and they are old enough to understand what’s going on)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think the story will happen when the time is right. This week the Tory party has imploded and now they’re at conference, there’s enough news happening.
My feeling would be that as we go into the winter of discontent or even after, some rip-off Britain stuff will come out and she will be part of an explosion of mom/instahun backlash. Also if Labour and the left keep rising in popularity she will be turned on as a Tory shill in primary clothing.
🥕 MLM not mom

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
VERY LONG POST apols for any spelling nonsense.

I’m not sure I believe for a minute Jack has had multiple investigations into her, but I do think it plausible that someone IRL has requested welfare checks on her or has reported a concern. In their own ways, we know Leggy (Priory), Louisa (Dayhab) and OH (she needed to prioritize seeing a Dr) tried to intervene because in so many words she said so.

Please note that all spoilers are very triggering. Lots and lots of mentions of same thing. ALL OF THESE spoilers below, same issue PLEASE CLICK WITH CARE TW: Suicidal ideation/Suicide attempts/ Note that Jack never, ever follows guidelines for the discussion of this and never ever posts trigger warnings
This absolute guff in this from 2020 article is worth a read for anyone who hasn’t seen it, and maybe a re-read for those who haven’t read it for a while. I sincerely, sincerely hope that the tit she says about her behavior in front of her son is completely made up. Also ref suicide

Note if you make it that far also the jarring jolly little exhortation at the end to buy her books! Link here! (exclamation!) and the rattle rattle link to the tip jar
In 2019: Attempted suicide several times in 2013View attachment 1620292

Writing in May this year graphically about a failed suicide attempt before writing Hunger Hurts (which was written in July 2012, so is not one of the ‘several suicide attempts’ in 2013 but a different one)

Five years ago, writing about almost committing suicide because of online trolls (OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE other triggery stuff as well as that)
In 2020 and 2022
This top one is 2020, and is about the kitten she got after Louisa left (Sophie). Jack was “suicidal” when Sophie came, and Sophie was “pulling her around”. Not her child, her kitten. View attachment 1620294

Then two years later when Harold leaves and she gets Content Laurie, she’d be “dead if it weren’t for that dog”. Not if it wasn’t for her son. If it weren’t for that dog.
View attachment 1620301

June 8th, while she and Harold were still together, someone called the police to do a welfare check on her. This seems like it might have actually happened, because she was very, very aerated about it, though perhaps not telling the full story or a quite true story, and classing it as “malicious”
View attachment 1620406
View attachment 1620372,
She of course claimed this was because of internet bullies and trolls who wanted her to commit suicide/want her dead, but again, may well have been far closer to home and because of her IRL actions. The below was at the end of June a couple of weeks later, (Harold had ended it by then) when she was being all triumphant on Tinder and inadvertently revealed the reason he left
View attachment 1620377

In August 2022.
View attachment 1620332
(Also note she says she wrote Hunger Hurts, her “miserable lottle BEFORE she was “going to end it” when according to her earlier article, she woke up from a failed suicide attempt and wrote it)

September 2022 “In the last year or two” because of trolling she’s “had two full breakdowns, several suicide attempts” First and last tweets to show timeline
View attachment 1620368
View attachment 1620362
Full thread here of this tweet stream here
https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...ked-by-diva-magazine-club.33689/post-11840556

Just to be clear, this is a tiny tiny fraction of her tweets and articles where she references being suicidal/attempting suicide/people wanting her to commit suicide/her fragile mental state. A TINY proportion. But there’s a distinct pattern going back years that seems to be escalating and more frequent.

Also to be clear, she has many many people in her real life who have access to her tweets and blogs
Confirmation from June that SB and his friends read her Twitter
View attachment 1620435

So IF Jack has truly been the subject of police welfare checks or social services investigations, the fact that she so willingly and frequently puts all this stuff out there IRL where BY HER OWN ADMISSION he and his friends read it, isn’t it entirely plausible that someone in real life (legitimately, in my opinion) would raise concerns first with her and when that didn’t seem to penetrate, with relevant appropriate authorities?

She puts all this out there publicly where anyone including her son’s teachers, his friends’ parents, anyone in her personal life can see it too. And we know that she used to make Louisa run home to “pick her up off the floor countless times” because she told us in a guardian article, and we know that her son’s dad has “picked up the pieces” over and over in the past ten years, because she told us in a different guardian article. And we know OH told her she should see a Dr because she TWEETED it!
So you have to imagine, if all the above is out there publicly, what drama these people in her real life have to deal with texted right to their phones.

To be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, by posting this I do not wish Jack or anyone else any harm AT ALL. Compiling all this confirms it even more- I think Jack is very unwell. This behaviour of hers is deeply, deeply concerning though. If all that she says is true, then a very serious intervention is needed. If it is not, and even if just some of it is made up, let alone most of it then seeing it all like this… Jack, you need to look a LOT closer to home than to “evil trolls”. Starting with a long cold hard look at yourself.
Only just noticed she used the annoyed comment club squigs ‘I’m done‘ at the end of that rant after he’d said it to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It’s so foul that I took it for my avi pic, just everything about it from the manky, grim, beggy hands that should be nowhere near a photographic image to the apparent dead dog’s ashes sprinkled onto yoghurt or whatever the blazes that is in that vile concoction.

‘Mrs J’, how completely cringe and disrespectful, I’m so glad she managed to get away in time.

And as for ‘co-ordinated’ attacks and groups all out to ‘destroy her’, supposedly?? Oh my goodness what paranoid claptrap! Clown.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I've never read a whole blog by jack before and I have to say, I hope I never have to read one again.

Her writing style is just like her - hyperbolic and superficial. Not only does she have a tenuous grip on reality the same applies to her use of the English language "Many, many myriad" :rolleyes: It's written like a fiction novel, ;poor Jack and SB in grinding povery in Sarfend Workhouse'.

Claiming to have PTSD from her brief stint in poverty is repellant as she could have stopped the pov at any time. Even if her parents wre sick to the back teeth of her and wanting distance theres not way they would have left their grandchild cold and hungry. The majority of mothers would swallow their pride and ask for help for their child, if not themselves. I know the picture of "red with cold" SB has been commented on before but seeing it again and how she twisted it has annoyed me. His cheeks are red as he's probably teething - if he was freezing cold then surely his nose would be red too. She says he has 2 tops on but it just looks like a vest and a jumper, same as any small child would wear during the winter.

ETA: In the thot pics she and SB were laughing about raucously she mentions one is from when she worked in a nightclub whilst also working for the fire brigade. £27,000 wasn;t enough income I guess so she had to take a second job. Funny how she couldnt work night for the fire service but could do a second job in ... a nightclub

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
Wouldn’t have SB dad noticed if he didn’t have enough clothes or clothes that didn’t fit seeing as he spent a significant time of the week there.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack's narrative that social services will conduct intrusive investigations on the strength of an anonymous report is extremely harmful.

Contrary to popular Facebook belief, social workers don't want to steal your children for adoption. It really isn't easy to get a child removed from a parent's care, and most children and family services depts are seriously understaffed and resourced. The aim is to offer support, parenting classes etc, not go through time consuming and expensive investigations.

And if there have been any reports, Jack should be looking far closer to home rather than blaming random on the internet.
Yeah it’s a load of rubbish. It’s hard enough to remove children who should be removed let alone hound people who are just a bit frayed at the edges/not coping.

Reactions: 39
I think the story will happen when the time is right. This week the Tory party has imploded and now they’re at conference, there’s enough news happening.
My feeling would be that as we go into the winter of discontent or even after, some rip-off Britain stuff will come out and she will be part of an explosion of mom/instahun backlash. Also if Labour and the left keep rising in popularity she will be turned on as a Tory shill in primary clothing.
I could see the Daily Mail running it.

Reactions: 30
Some folks think that she's of no importance, a little irritating buzzy creature. But she's on tv and radio regularly.

Reactions: 26
I've never read a whole blog by jack before and I have to say, I hope I never have to read one again.

Her writing style is just like her - hyperbolic and superficial. Not only does she have a tenuous grip on reality the same applies to her use of the English language "Many, many myriad" :rolleyes: It's written like a fiction novel, ;poor Jack and SB in grinding povery in Sarfend Workhouse'.

Claiming to have PTSD from her brief stint in poverty is repellant as she could have stopped the pov at any time. Even if her parents wre sick to the back teeth of her and wanting distance theres not way they would have left their grandchild cold and hungry. The majority of mothers would swallow their pride and ask for help for their child, if not themselves. I know the picture of "red with cold" SB has been commented on before but seeing it again and how she twisted it has annoyed me. His cheeks are red as he's probably teething - if he was freezing cold then surely his nose would be red too. She says he has 2 tops on but it just looks like a vest and a jumper, same as any small child would wear during the winter.
Her pov backstory is one of the things I am most suspicious/curious about.
Nobody ever examines it properly (outside of here).
The involvement or not of her parents ditto SB's dad obviously.
But also the glee with which Jack dwells on the grimmer aspects of it - SB crying, selling his toys, shoes not fitting, being cold, having residual illnesses because of it etc etc etc. Surely most people would not want to go over it again and again, would feel remorse and shame over it thinking where they might have done things differently (Of course I'm not saying everybody in poverty should feel remorse - but we all know Jack had options where many others have absolutely none). Not keep reliving it all for your child either.
All very strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
The groomer has caved and apologised/ tried to justify her actions. I’m feeling a slight waft of Monroe in these posts. You don’t think.. it was JM all along? After all the inception of the FD acc was after Content post? Did she create her own chaos to liven a snowy night in Southend?

Makes you think
Tldr but she prob just got Karled

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Someone of Twitter who has been calling Jack out recently is saying that she feels someone needs to be helping her as she is clearly struggling mentally. She’s actually asked if anyone knows her or her family and if so to get
them to check on her.
Tbh she could be in a mess mentally but that’s why she needs the police welfare visits when they happen. I suspect she’s likely just in a narc rage and quite honestly someone should check on the dog.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
She demonstrated a modicum of self-awareness on her blog in 2017. Shame that level of self awareness was so fleeting

63DF11B6-23F8-4157-BB8A-9FE3E5F74862.jpeg

(I’m not kidding, she literally wrote this five year ago)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
But also the glee with which Jack dwells on the grimmer aspects of it - SB crying, selling his toys, shoes not fitting, being cold, having residual illnesses because of it etc etc etc. Surely most people would not want to go over it again and again, would feel remorse and shame over it thinking where they might have done things differently
My take? She doesn’t mind the incessant retelling of her darkest days, with all the florid language, because it bears virtually no resemblance to what really happened. It’s fiction.

She doesn’t feel remorse and shame because it didn’t really happen that way.

The glee you detect is probably because this is how she perpetuates the grift and she loves it because it’s so EASY.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
I’m interested in the next move.
to have conflict on Instagram, you have to actively seek it out. I can argue in an empty room, but my Instagram is something I maintain for artwork and the occasional fun photo, and there’s never any prospect of anything else, unless I comment on someone else’s post, but Instagram works well to not curate stuff towards conflict.
so Jack has now limited/stopped commenting. In theory, this will prevent any more social media issues whatsoever, because her Instagram can now be where she share stuff without having to deal with pushback (which is a fair use of instagram)
but my suspicion is that she will miss the endorphin rush of the two factions of attackers and defenders, putting Jack at one of the points of a drama triangle.

one thing I would say - the grooming squig didn’t do themselves any favours by posting dozens of times. Tell Jack once that the dog needs grooming and you’re correct. Post it twenty times and you enable Jack to gain control of the narrative by claiming an onslaught of hatred

(edited - since I’ve got a hat on my avatar, maybe I’ll actually upload a picture. And since I mentioned art, it’s one of my drawings)
And also, how will she maintain her professional victim status with no ‘evidence’?!

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.