Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I’m up with a cough 🔺 and a chaos is happening in real time
Oh do piss off Jack. ''Multiple protracted, painful, distressing and absolutely horrific intrusion and investigation.'' 🙄🙄🙄 These agencies don't operate on 'guilty until proven innocent', they don't keep files on you for the rest of your life, and no you don't have to live like this, you giant waffle.

I think what is a painful and distressing intrusion is when a complete stranger contacts someone's workplace and leaves bad reviews of their business, just because that person politely disagreed with one of Saint Jack Monroe's tweets. It's intrusive to threaten to 'triangulate' people because they don't like your cooking. It's horrific to neglect animals and hoard money that people have sent you in good faith, thinking it's going to a good cause when in fact it's being spent on lip filler and baubles. It's immoral to deceive & gaslight your followers when they have doubts about the truth of what you're saying. It's also horrific to turn the deaths of people you didn't know (Grenfell, for example) into sensationalist stories to boost your own ego. Totally shameless narcissist. Get offline & sort your life out.

That was harsh but I have no time for her today, especially after reading all of the worrying pet stories and being reminded of the way she drags her son into every inappropriate thing she does. I can't stand the fact that she has the nerve to post cheerful insta pics of her radioactive teeth while taking people's money for doing absolutely nothing. Ugh. I'm off to have a sandwich.

• Heart
Reactions: 140

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Quick guide to social media for Jack:

Facebook - being nosy about people you hated at school, finding out why the motorway junction is shut. Mostly made up.
Twitter - bin fires, arguments and complaints. Mostly aggy.
Instagram - twee fake jolly version of actual life. Mostly photos.
TikTok - predominantly young people imparting information and/or dancing. Mostly loud.
YouTube - conspiracy theories, Disney vloggers and old episodes of Top of the Pops. Mostly not put through a cartoon filter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 137

MistyWindows

VIP Member
We all know she’s talking shite, but because I think we could do with some cuteness here’s my poodle mix who went to the groomers just over a month ago 🙄
Shes a little piggy who shoves her face in any dirty shit she can find outside and she was zoomying around with the cat just before this.
Two weeks ago my fat arse.
C72C139A-D253-4CBC-A422-161EA49173BB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 135

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Defensive 😬
So lives on £20 a week for food, but goes to a cafe 3 times a week. Okkkaaay then
E7FBE135-7500-4C6C-AFF6-4F7C2E527ADF.jpeg

She sounds like an idiot when she spouts this stuff. Mind you, that’s probably because she is one.

And seriously, is there any professional she has dealings with who just do one job full time? So here we have the cafe worker dog groomer, there’s also the Sunday school teacher accountant and then there’s the therapist publisher.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 128

Geetbo

VIP Member
The fact that Jack Monroe has become synonymous with shit cooking warms the cockles of my mendacious heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 127

waffle maker

VIP Member
I’ve had a Twitter account since 2008 or something, and I have Instagram and Facebook and I’m a redditor. I’m very online. I’ve never suffered online abuse, or got in a fight online. It really makes you think. Jack often says that line about not turning up to every argument or something, but she seems to actively seek out conflict almost every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 116

CEB1980

The situation, from Jack’s POV, is still eminently salvageable, if only she’d take responsibility. Some of the issues actually aren’t up for debate.
as per the drama triangle above, her ostensible supporters are actually dragging her down by giving her the misleading impression that she has no need to address any criticism.
Here’s what she should do, in order to salvage her career.

1: acknowledge erratic behaviour, and explain & contextualise it. Whether it be poor mental health, issues around alcohol/drugs or getting sucked into the cycle of chaotic arguments - acknowledge and take reponsibility
2: Address Patreon head on, fronting up to that not only is it likely to be impossible to fulfil missed rewards, but also acknowledging that the nature of the rewards means that patrons are unlikely to actually want to bankrupt her to get a shitload of postcards. Throw herself on the mercy of subscribers, being as honest as possible. Assuming worst case scenario, say “I’ve let you down, and haven’t provided what I’ve promised. There are reasons, but not excuses. Your contributions have given me a much needed safety net, and I appreciate it immensely. I’ve been avoiding this because it’s too stressful, but the truth is, I can’t afford to pay everyone back everything right now. If you want a refund, contact me and while I can’t refund everyone straight away, I will be refunding patreons from the income left over after bills are paid and essentials are bought. I won’t be buying luxuries or holidays until I’ve paid everyone that requests a refund.
i know some of you have signed up for patreon specifically to support me to be able to do other work - if you’re happy with what you’ve got for your money, then please let me know. I will keep track of everyone who wants a refund and I will make this right
3: draw a line between private and professional life. go back on Twitter, but note that this is a professional account and won’t be for personal posting - just stuff that’s useful. Call off the flying monkeys, and have a locked Twitter account for personal stuff.

if she did that, I guarantee that most of her patreons would actually waive their refund, and she will feel better for having come clean.

• Heart
Reactions: 107