Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If that's the deal, then it needs to be agreed and stated as such. "Pay £3.50-£44 a month for the satisfaction of knowing you're enabling me to do my work (which I won't give you any extra insight into or acknowledge, let alone show gratitude for)."
Yes - I support a few patreons/substacks and the creators are always making it clear how grateful they are for the support while also obv asking new subscribers to join (and,to be clear, they all deliver the goods, or have frozen when things were getting tricky/busy for them). Jack is in a bind because she can't really mention her Patreon at all, let alone say thanks to existing patrons or ask for new ones as it just highlights she's done duck all for nearly two years and just pocketed the money.

Reactions: 41
. I’m 43 and it was only last year that I realised my mum was a narc and my other siblings were her flying monkeys. I left their religious cult many years ago and have been made to feel like I let the family (mum) down etc etc lots of drama and pile ons by my siblings to gaslight me. I went to therapy finally (husband advised me to go) and then I realised I was a good person and my mum was a narc, with the rest of the family her flying monkeys. Don’t ever feel bad if you didn’t realise, or how long it takes you; narcissists are very cunning. Anyway, as you were.
I have narc parents-in-law. I remember one particularly nasty episode when, after me, Mrs B and Young B dared to go out without them (or without telling them we were going out), there followed a lengthy email tirade, accusing us of cutting them out and which contained the line, “We understand you want to do things as a family, all we‘re asking is to be included in your decision-making process”.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
She has no concern for her security does she? That dog cafe and grooming place can be found in under a minute. Surely this must put paid to any legimate claims to needing a bodyguard for eg?
The groomers rates look reasonable (I presume - I've no idea) but £50 every few weeks is quite a chunk. Especially when you can't afford shampoo or shower gel or hot water. Odd to get a dog knowing it would need this level of care and knowing you are struggling financially 🤔 And she did know, as she has a full notebook of scribbled notes.

• Sad
Reactions: 60
Screenshot 2022-10-02 15.03.21.png

Screenshot 2022-10-02 15.03.34.png

Anyone know if the part about Jack's publishers owning stakes in various papers is true?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
I dont know how to add a spoiler so mods please delete if appropriate but threatening suicide is an abusers tactic. I feel empathy for her partners.

Reactions: 53
I'm pretty sure the RSPCA must have gotten in touch around or just after poor kitten passed away. The viggles said they had reported her to the RSPCA on the Linda McCartney insta shitshow. I'm sure the receipts are on here. It was maybe in January 2021. Thing is, with narcs, they hold onto grudges forever. Even the small things. So Jack may have had a call or a knock at the door enquiring about kitten but it wouldn't have gone any further as the RSPCA can be notoriously lax when it comes to investigation. But as far as Jack is cincerned, it's a huge insult and it still rankles to this day.

Reactions: 43
Even though I’ve seen the the departed pet breakfast bowls before, every time someone posts one I experience the whole WTAF?! full body recoil reaction like I did the first time. I will never ever understand what the hell Jack’s thinking was with this. It’s sinister AF.
Oh, the dog was just one of many dear heart - I saw it unfold in real time every day. I confess I didn't eat breakfast on those days!
Screenshot_20221002-142048_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221002-142016_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221002-142002_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221002-141945_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221002-141915_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
View attachment 1620518

View attachment 1620519

Anyone know if the part about Jack's publishers owning stakes in various papers is true?
Bluebird I believe is her publisher based on Veganish.
Pan McMillan is their parent company.
Part.of the Macmillan group Which is owned by Holtzbrinck Publishing Group.

i cant see any direct links with newspapers, but ultimately, she's under one of the big five in the world of publishing. They will have tendrils all over the place.

• Sad
Reactions: 37

Yel

View attachment 1620518

View attachment 1620519

Sounds like total BS.

Yes, she published her books with the big 5 publishers.

But the big publishers aren't spending time, effort and favours protecting a very minor author that only sold a few thousand copys of their last book that came out a couple of years ago :LOL: . That's not how it works at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Bluebird I believe is her publisher based on Veganish.
Pan McMillan is their parent company.
Part.of the Macmillan group Which is owned by Holtzbrinck Publishing Group.

i cant see any direct links with newspapers, but ultimately, she's under one of the big five in the world of publishing. They will have tendrils all over the place.
The account tweeting that is a bit odd so I'm taking their tweets with a pinch of salt but I did find that possibility quite interesting. It would certainly explain a lot.

Reactions: 33
My youngest cat is called Susan, she's the furthest from sensible it's possible to be so your name makes me laugh when it pops up.

On topic, I think Jack will be back on Twitter very soon, she must be itching and jonesing bad.
Which is how I got the nickname years ago! 😬 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Oh, the dog was just one of many dear heart - I saw it unfold in real time every day. I confess I didn't eat breakfast on those days!
View attachment 1620538View attachment 1620539View attachment 1620540View attachment 1620543View attachment 1620544
There’s some fun to be had adding descriptions to some of the horrors on her ig. For example:

Would you believe I’d just concreted a small pothole on the drive (caused by the last communal skip, I think. Why do I keep agreeing to house it for everyone? Hnnnnngggghhhhhhh) and my OH’s car started leaking oil! 🤪

9DFF5890-C35D-4F41-A06C-556C93672717.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Regarding potential referrals made to social care; I have worked at the front door as in receiving calls etc making referrals. I used to think that if I had £10 for every one made on the basis of social media, I’d have been at least £50 richer every day of the week. ‘It’s all
over Facebook/ insta’ immediately raises the ‘vexatious’ flag…even if the person making the call actually knows the family they are trying to ‘report’. So any suggestion that internet observers have caused social work assessments is plain bollocks. Apart from anything else, JM does not appear to be the resident parent, therefore the safeguarding risk is mitigated. And indeed if the resident parent themselves tried to make a referral I would be reminding them that this would be a matter for private law. Tell you what I would be very concerned about is any referral made by the RSPCA if they had been called out and there was evidence of serious neglect of an animal because there is sound evidence of the link between neglect of animals and neglect of children. For what it’s worth I think her dog is not badly treated, she just doesn’t seem to understand that a puppy needs its main carer present. As to the wider family, my take is the same as many others, that they have tried to help and support and have been rebuffed. Detaching with love. And probably observing with great pain the current burning plane crashing. Right now all I want for her is to get some help. She’s a grifter but she’s not evil, just massively fucked up. I feel quite uneasy at some of the comments saying that she is deserving of hatred. If that makes me a soft ninny I’ll wear that hat.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Yes - I support a few patreons/substacks and the creators are always making it clear how grateful they are for the support while also obv asking new subscribers to join (and,to be clear, they all deliver the goods, or have frozen when things were getting tricky/busy for them). Jack is in a bind because she can't really mention her Patreon at all, let alone say thanks to existing patrons or ask for new ones as it just highlights she's done duck all for nearly two years and just pocketed the money.
But the longer she avoids addressing it (while still taking people's money), the worse it looks. I did wonder, given the huge drop in Patrons recently, if she'd deign to post that long-awaited update now she can see a tangible impact (i.e. less money landing in her account) rather than just annoyed tweets/DMs she can ignore.

As pointed out by a few people earlier, if she held her hands up and admitted she'd fucked up, I think there'd actually be very few people wanting a refund; most of her subscribers would probably give her the benefit of the doubt and would continue to support her if she committed to a revised, manageable rewards system. duck, even a couple of exclusive blog posts/vlogs a month would probably keep them happy, and she'd be able to do the two things she enjoys the most - writing about herself and talking about herself. It wouldn't even need to be particularly high effort; she could just bang on about the inanity of her day to day existence and they'd lap it all up. But she's too bleeping lazy and entitled to even do that.

Reactions: 46
View attachment 1620518

View attachment 1620519

I think we knew this already but this makes sense with the timing of Jack leaving Twitter. She must’ve been given the heads up and rather than fronting up (and actually delivering on her Patreons) she’s come up with this guff about being hounded off.

I’m not on Insta so thank you to the fraus who took the screenshots from last night’s chaos. My god, she is utterly, utterly toxic.

Sometimes I have a twinge of sympathy for her, but then she acts like this and I remember that everything is of her own doing. She’s 34, bleeping grow up.

Her poor son and those poor animals.

Haven’t touched on it before really as I don’t think he deserves to be dragged in to Jack’s madness, but I wanted to say that Big Dave seems to be a right mingeflap too. Apple. Tree.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The account tweeting that is a bit odd so I'm taking their tweets with a pinch of salt but I did find that possibility quite interesting. It would certainly explain a lot.
I just think the papers don't think it's interesting or juicy enough. She's maybe not well-known enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1620538View attachment 1620539View attachment 1620540View attachment 1620543View attachment 1620544
It's the absolute opposite of her usual catering. These are huge bowls for one person to sit and get through first thing, especially if they're about to do any exercise. I cycle to work most days and I usually do a breakfast bircher of 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup mixed fruit and 1/2 cup skyr or greek yoghurt.

If I had to eat all one of JM's bowls before cycling 10 miles I would be off the bike and vomiting in a bin before I'd got a quarter of the way to work.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Someone more skilled than I should strikethrough everything after 'creating' and add 'nothing' at the end :D
I’m definitely not more skilled than you, but on the plus side I have made her Patreon more accurate (and created more on it) in five seconds than she’s done in two years.
3816FCDB-6075-4B91-ABF8-6AFBCDDE7F10.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.