Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, the dog was just one of many dear heart - I saw it unfold in real time every day. I confess I didn't eat breakfast on those days!
View attachment 1620538View attachment 1620539View attachment 1620540View attachment 1620543View attachment 1620544
Imagine having to say “Oh, that’s lovely!” and try to appear as if you mean it because you know if you’re not appreciative enough there’s a chance that the bowl of slop art might get flung across the room. Then you have to eat it. All of it. While she watches. 😩

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
My suspicious nature suspects that she is being protected somewhere by some entity.
She'd have been long forgotten and abandoned by now otherwise.

Whether it's publisher and their influence on print media, the Tories, her exes, Nigella, her agent etc. Could be anyone and all of them in a concerted effort.

The crap she says and the tit she spreads, anyone with a shred of integrity would have dropped her like she was made of lava, but they don't.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
But the longer she avoids addressing it (while still taking people's money), the worse it looks. I did wonder, given the huge drop in Patrons recently, if she'd deign to post that long-awaited update now she can see a tangible impact (i.e. less money landing in her account) rather than just annoyed tweets/DMs she can ignore.

As pointed out by a few people earlier, if she held her hands up and admitted she'd fucked up, I think there'd actually be very few people wanting a refund; most of her subscribers would probably give her the benefit of the doubt and would continue to support her if she committed to a revised, manageable rewards system. duck, even a couple of exclusive blog posts/vlogs a month would probably keep them happy, and she'd be able to do the two things she enjoys the most - writing about herself and talking about herself. It wouldn't even need to be particularly high effort; she could just bang on about the inanity of her day to day existence and they'd lap it all up. But she's too bleeping lazy and entitled to even do that.
Yep, probably all she'd need to do is once a month, when the money lands, say "thank you my darling squigs, last month you enabled my lifestyle and so I was able to schmooze with Google execs and Tweet all night through, next month I have plans to speak somewhere, please come along if you're able, and if not, tune into SM at 4am for more strange posting".

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Sounds like total BS.

Yes, she published her books with the big 5 publishers.

But the big publishers aren't spending time, effort and favours protecting a very minor author that only sold a few thousand copys of their last book that came out a couple of years ago :LOL: . That's not how it works at all.
Yeah, agree with @Yel that’s nonsense. And even if it were true, what about the third newspaper that was ready to go with it but that isn’t aligned with her publisher? What’s their reason for not publishing? Because of the newspaper code of conduct where papers hold off because it’s not fair to have a scoop other papers can’t publish?! FFS!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
View attachment 1620518

View attachment 1620519

Anyone know if the part about Jack's publishers owning stakes in various papers is true?
I don't think so - Bluebird is part of Pan Macmillan, which is owned by a German publishing group with no direct interest in any major UK newspaper that I know of.

Macmillan in the US is owned by Pearson, who used to own the FT and part-own the Economist but don't any more.

Sounds like they're confused or have got their wires crossed somewhere.

Reactions: 36
I agree that I don’t think she’s high profile enough for the big news outlets. Outside of Twitter people mainly just have vague memories of her as someone who writes/once wrote cookbooks for people on a budget, if they’ve heard of her at all. She hasn’t published anything for years, and when she did it got barely any interest. Added to that she’s got the ‘protection’ of the vocal left wingers on Twitter, and people vaguely just assume that she ‘means well’, so I don’t think there’s going to be a massive expose.
The smaller stuff chips away at her grift, though.

I don't think so - Bluebird is part of Pan Macmillan, which is owned by a German publishing group with no direct interest in any major UK newspaper that I know of.

Macmillan in the US is owned by Pearson, who used to own the FT and part-own the Economist but don't any more.

Sounds like they're confused or have got their wires crossed somewhere.
As I said before the account is a bit odd, so I'm inclined to take it with a pinch of salt, I was just interested in the claim regarding ownership.

Reactions: 22
. I’m 43 and it was only last year that I realised my mum was a narc and my other siblings were her flying monkeys. I left their religious cult many years ago and have been made to feel like I let the family (mum) down etc etc lots of drama and pile ons by my siblings to gaslight me. I went to therapy finally (husband advised me to go) and then I realised I was a good person and my mum was a narc, with the rest of the family her flying monkeys. Don’t ever feel bad if you didn’t realise, or how long it takes you; narcissists are very cunning. Anyway, as you were.
I feel for you, I really do. I had actually realised my family member was a narc and after a nuclear outburst of narc rage from them have 'grey rocked' them ever since, although I didn't know that was the term for it. We have to communicate occasionally as we're sorting out an inheritance but it's only by email. It has been blissful not having to deal with their dramas, the constant spiteful put-downs and the feeling of walking on eggshells in every conversation.

• Heart
Jack's insta crossover is going well I see! I wonder what she'll dare to post next.

Me waiting for the big takedown moment. C'mon media peeps!!

Eta, I asked for hats on Friday and look what happened!! I will go back to ✨ manifesting ✨ quietly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I think the 'publisher conflict of interest' commentator is a sock run by a mildly popular anonymous middle of the road political commentator, followed by a couple of frau, who has noticed Jack over the years but never by name before, and would know what he is talking about, and called out her tactics generically in 2017 - in fact it is their pinned tweet. But it still doesn't make sense. Was there ever three papers looking to get the credit for taking down a Z list left winger?

Reactions: 19
Having followed this thread since mid 2020 I have to say the overall experience has been like watching bleeping Sunset Beach or something. First few seasons start off normally enough and then the drama just keeps ramping up and up until you've got evil twins and haunted paintings or, in our case, Georgia Church Suppers and whatever the hell has happened these past few weeks. What a journey it's been.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
It's the absolute opposite of her usual catering. These are huge bowls for one person to sit and get through first thing, especially if they're about to do any exercise. I cycle to work most days and I usually do a breakfast bircher of 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup mixed fruit and 1/2 cup skyr or greek yoghurt.

If I had to eat all one of JM's bowls before cycling 10 miles I would be off the bike and vomiting in a bin before I'd got a quarter of the way to work.
Yeah wouldn’t Louisa do a 20 mile cycle for fun? Or was this giant slop horror bowl phase in lockdown?

Reactions: 24
Having followed this thread since mid 2020 I have to say the overall experience has been like watching bleeping Sunset Beach or something. First few seasons start off normally enough and then the drama just keeps ramping up and up until you've got evil twins and haunted paintings or, in our case, Georgia Church Suppers and whatever the hell has happened these past few weeks. What a journey it's been.
I see her running the 'Dallas play', suddenly re-emerge and say all the episodes for the last ten years were a fugue state dream, and pretend it never happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.