Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seems to me to be an overriding attitude on Social media for the last decade etc. Believe every word, or you're a bigot, right winger, facist, homophobe etc.
I don't recall it being that way in the 80s and 90s. It was more like claims had to be proven before being believed and even after proven people wouldn't believe certain things.

I reckon Jack struck at the right time and has profited massively from the 'Belief first, question never' attitudes and if she'd tried her schtick in the 'yeah whatever...' era she'd have fallen flat on her face.
Yeh it's toxic. An anyone who self identifies into various oppressed groups is somehow beyond questioning no matter how bad their behaviour. Their motives are meant to absolve all errors. It's transparent, infantalising, thought-terminating bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
There’s some fun to be had adding descriptions to some of the horrors on her ig. For example:

Would you believe I’d just concreted a small pothole on the drive (caused by the last communal skip, I think. Why do I keep agreeing to house it for everyone? Hnnnnngggghhhhhhh) and my OH’s car started leaking oil! 🤪

View attachment 1620559
Is this the magic puddle where she finds all her hugely expensive designer clothes?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The search page count is down to 664 as someone else mentioned but the main page number is starting to creep back up, now at 704. People aren't actually joining after her matted dog narc rage are they?? Someone tell me I'm just being thick and don't understand how the end of month drop works.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
I think her deliberate, repeated use of CPS has been to make it look like she’s had so little contact with SS she doesn’t even know what they’re called in this country, when in reality there’s been some real contact and attention from them.
I think, as a savvy frau once pointed out, she uses the wrong term so it won’t come up when you search Jack Monroe social services

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I was thinking about the squig on Patreon(?) who said that they were happy not to have any rewards, because they just want to support her. And yeah, that's fine, but do you speak for all 699↕ others or for future patrons that join? If that's the deal, then it needs to be agreed and stated as such. "Pay £3.50-£44 a month for the satisfaction of knowing you're enabling me to do my work (which I won't give you any extra insight into or acknowledge, let alone show gratitude for)."
Agree with this, the patreon issue is beyond fucked but if this is the route Jack wanted to go it should involve closing the current patreon and opening a new one to that effect. She'll never, ever do this of course but any attempt to transition the current patreon to these terms or offering refunds etc. just means she has to admit she's done wrong and it ain't gonna happen (she can't even admit to being wrong).
Also I think people are overestimating the number of people who, if given the choice, wouldn't click the button to get their £xxx back with no questions asked. Especially with the current CoL crisis etc. but then all the manipulation and pre-existing notions of being on the bones of her arse come into it.
If you're soppy enough to give Jack money for 2 years for nothing in return then chances are you're soppy enough to be completely taken in by the other aspects of the grift e.g. breadcrumbing suicide, she knows exactly what she's doing. Squigs hovering over the refund button thinking "but what if this pushes her over the edge, she has been relentlessly trolled..." etc.

• Sick
Reactions: 48
Hats! We’ve got hats. That’s all I wanted to say. Jacks still absolutely unbearable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Agreed. I meant like a mandated reporter (look at me with American terminology I've picked up from TV/the internet lmao) type duty. Sorry, should have been clearer.
Anybody working or volunteering in Education, Healthcare or Local Government, for a start. And youth organisation volunteers/staff. Charity workers. Foster carers. Social Workers. Admin staff in the probation service, caretakers and site staff in those environments. School Governors. Politicians. Local Councillors. Headteachers who know of them online. Pretty much everybody who has employment or activities that require DBS clearance, really, all of them are required by law to make reports where there is a concern inside or outside of a workplace environment with considerable legal penalties directly imposed upon the person who fails to report. And it's part of professional standards - the Nolan Principles - to uphold them in all cases.

With 500,000 followers, there's a few of those categories in the audience before you look at people who see as scrolling/watch without following. Or before you look closer to home with concerned relatives/neighbours/friends/partners/ex partners/their new partners/relatives of those people/people you went to school with/old teachers/ex colleagues/other parents who know of the connection between the kid and the largely absent parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I don’t think the MSM will touch it unless there’s a story arc. There needs to be an end point. Her book is ridiculed, she has a massive strop and walks out of something high profile, her Patreon income gets exposed, something.

Allegra or LJC going to the papers would do it

Reactions: 38
Lol I can imagine her having narc rage at the comment.
I’m Jack monroe (dr), blogger, writer, hoop rinser, twitter shouter, ADHD AHD ABCDEFG, disabled, gay, whatever’s trendy, … don’t you know who I am??
I know, gives me glee, I just know she's reading it all gently, forensically, hoping for a libel

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Two questions.
Is Jack still slowly and deliciously falling in love with her best friend?
Did that foodbank ever get the carton of Angel Delight she promised?

• Haha
Reactions: 67
posting around twenty times isn’t polite though. And I’m not saying that the person isn’t correct - I’m saying that an anonymous, one issue account that posts multiple timesin a short period to take issue with someone is not being bullied when that person reacts. The switching of victim and offender is a Jack tactic, and it stinks whoever is doing it.

for clarity - I’m not saying that the person who posted taking issue with the dog grooming is particularly out of order or anything - I’m saying that it’s a massive reach to suggest that a person who sets up an account to repeatedly take someone to task for a minor issue is being bullied when that person snaps back
When I posted about the DF Instagrammer, I didn’t realise she’d repeatedly asked the same question. But it’s one thing to annoyingly ask the same question to one person and another to have the FMs pile on too.

Jack can’t wait to attribute anything to autism/ADHD/addiction - what if DF had one of those, and they can’t read that asking the same question repeatedly won’t work?

It won’t ever be acceptable that anyone much less a blue ticker stands back and watches her followers - who she knows will stick up for her whatever - pile on someone. And that’s the reason she didn’t block her.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Two questions.
Is Jack still slowly and deliciously falling in love with her best friend?
Did that foodbank ever get the carton of Angel Delight she promised?
I think THEY LEFT because not long after that she was all “OH I APOLOGISE I DIDN’T KNOW I HAD A PARTNER. BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THE LIFE I ACTUALLY LIVE THAN I DO.”

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Anybody working or volunteering in Education, Healthcare or Local Government, for a start. And youth organisation volunteers/staff. Charity workers. Foster carers. Social Workers. Admin staff in the probation service, caretakers and site staff in those environments. School Governors. Politicians. Local Councillors. Headteachers who know of them online. Pretty much everybody who has employment or activities that require DBS clearance, really, all of them are required by law to make reports where there is a concern inside or outside of a workplace environment with considerable legal penalties directly imposed upon the person who fails to report. And it's part of professional standards - the Nolan Principles - to uphold them in all cases.

With 500,000 followers, there's a few of those categories in the audience before you look at people who see as scrolling/watch without following. Or before you look closer to home with concerned relatives/neighbours/friends/partners/ex partners/their new partners/relatives of those people/people you went to school with/old teachers/ex colleagues/other parents who know of the connection between the kid and the largely absent parent.
Thankspaceyou, this was pretty much what I'd assumed. Obviously I think concerned grandparents have a duty to report but when they're foster carers as well... Seals it for me that The Poverty wasn't real.

Reactions: 42
Agree with this, the patreon issue is beyond fucked but if this is the route Jack wanted to go it should involve closing the current patreon and opening a new one to that effect. She'll never, ever do this of course but any attempt to transition the current patreon to these terms or offering refunds etc. just means she has to admit she's done wrong and it ain't gonna happen (she can't even admit to being wrong).
Also I think people are overestimating the number of people who, if given the choice, wouldn't click the button to get their £xxx back with no questions asked. Especially with the current CoL crisis etc. but then all the manipulation and pre-existing notions of being on the bones of her arse come into it.
If you're soppy enough to give Jack money for 2 years for nothing in return then chances are you're soppy enough to be completely taken in by the other aspects of the grift e.g. breadcrumbing suicide, she knows exactly what she's doing. Squigs hovering over the refund button thinking "but what if this pushes her over the edge, she has been relentlessly trolled..." etc.
I think that's one of the stories that would be interesting. Why do people give without return ? Defend reprehensible behaviour and be so vicious on SM ? Over someone who has done nothing of benefit for anyone, least of all them personally ? If a journalist did a piece about aspects of SM that enable charlatans to do what they do to a massive audience and not be called to account because of the cultural norms nowadays because it's not acceptable to question certain people.
Not explained well. I can't express like my mind thinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think, as a savvy frau once pointed out, she uses the wrong term so it won’t come up when you search Jack Monroe social services
Oooh that’s my theory!

Re-patreon month end, it’s the weekend so you’re not going to get a settled figure. Plus apparently they have two different totals.
1F71655F-6C19-49BC-81D6-37C6938DA62F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.