Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If my own experience is anything to go by, when the puppy purchase idea came up, there will have been people around her too tit scared of the narc rage to be direct with her, but they may have suggested to her that she's a very busy person who won't have time for a dog and all their needs. However she will have fobbed this off by declaring she is the best pet owner ever, a pet whisperer if you like. Every pitfall highlighted will have been shot down in flames. Poor dog.
Having dealt with a narc, absolutely this. She was no doubt loving the horrified reactions from Tattle too.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
I find it surprising she flounced to Instagram after potato-gate because insta is the home of the Arcade Fire pic. You know, the one where she filtered her and her bodyguard so much she made him look like Mr. Potato Head. Like his head is an actual potato (not roasted)
D17CA6F1-5BA6-4972-9116-5271C8EF3F22.jpeg

Lol that middle row! I mean, even if you knew nothing whatsoever about her, this grid just screams “massive twit

• Haha
Reactions: 77
I just had a look at her big wiki, I'm surprised, i thought anyone could edit Wikipedia, when did this 'semi protected against vandalism ' status come in?
It's been protected for a few years due to people editing pronouns and mentioning her former name. If you click the "edit" icon, it states the page is protected. You can then look at the history to find the reasons why.

Screenshot_20221001_140029.jpg

Reactions: 24
The dog thing really pisses me off. I have longed for a dog for years (grew up with them) but because Mr Beacon and I RENTED, we weren't allowed to have one. We finally own a house, but still thinking seriously about the right timing, breed etc to make sure it fits with our lifestyle. Dogs need stability, calm, discipline, daily grooming for long coats etc etc otherwise they can become very difficult and unhappy/unhealthy. The fact that she seems to be popping off everywhere for days on end without the dog does make me wonder wtf is going on and if it's really hers full time #contenttruther

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Oh Ninnies, don't criticise Jack for her faceted teeth -you misunderstand it is an homage to Bobby Firmino as she such an LFC fan

I've been meaning to ask @Lucky Escape for ages whether (and apologies if I'm prying) there was any questions from Jack about the size of your automobile (not an euphemism)? And before I forget a shout out to @Cornelia Hosendove as I too am be musingly followed by Drusilla
Looking back, I can see that there might have been an attempt to er, steer the conversation in that direction (something along the lines of "oh, I like travelling but having to rely on trains can be quite limiting")

I didn't recognise it at the time - I live in London(🔺) and don't have a car, so if she was hoping that I'd offer to drive her to Lidl then I'm afraid I disappointed her!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
Jack's an absolute disgrace. Laurie can't even see! When Content finally does get groomed, it will be an awful experience for her. It will hurt with all the matting. She'll associate grooming negatively and will have issues getting brushed in the future. That poor dog. I am SO angry.

I can't even talk about the poor rabbit. I had a house rabbit that absolutely ruled the house (we had cats at the time too but he was the boss). They are such characters and have huge personalities. He would budge the cats out the way to get front 'seat' in front of the coal fire. They are very sociable.

On a lighter note...

Ooo err missus, I'm feeling rather dapper with my hat! Thank(space)you mods 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
If my own experience is anything to go by, when the puppy purchase idea came up, there will have been people around her too tit scared of the narc rage to be direct with her, but they may have suggested to her that she's a very busy person who won't have time for a dog and all their needs. However she will have fobbed this off by declaring she is the best pet owner ever, a pet whisperer if you like. Every pitfall highlighted will have been shot down in flames. Poor dog.
Laurie was also partially a spite dog who she got IMMEDIATELY after Old Harold dumped her so she could post about how the animal was ‘repairing her smashed to bits heart’ and ‘ the only thing stopping her from being on the brink of suicide’ (yes she literally said both those things).

She did (and posted) the exact same things getting Sophie the kitten after LJC LEFT almost exactly two years before. And there, to up the spite-animal ante, she named the kitten after Louisa’s beloved deceased dog. And we all know how that sorry kitten tale unfolded and ended.

Edit 🥕 again. FFS, sorry.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Poor Laurie 😞 That coat looks awful. I've never had a long haired dog (lots of short haired terriers) but should the fur look quite so dull? Shouldn't it be a bit glossy and soft looking? And certainly not matted. And the hair covering her eyes must be a daily torment.
She is just dreadful with animals. She gets them then seems to immediately lose interest. I don't believe the nonsense around Mini for one second. Sadly I suspect foul play by Cooper. She was hopeless at introducing them. Of course. Why wouldn't she be.
I think the problem with crossbreeds is there’s no standard coat in the way there is with pure breeds. When you have a long haired pure breed it’s easy to find advice about coats, but with cross breeds you never quite know what you’re going to get. A friend of mine dog sits and one of her regulars is a labradoodle with a weird, almost straw like corse coat, not at all what you’d expect when you hear labradoodle. Jack really needs to find an experienced groomer to help her work out the best way to deal with Content’s coat, but I doubt she will ☹.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
I find it surprising she flounced to Instagram after potato-gate because insta is the home of the Arcade Fire pic. You know, the one where she filtered her and her bodyguard so much she made him look like Mr. Potato Head. Like his head is an actual potato (not roasted)
View attachment 1618161

Lol that middle row! I mean, even if you knew nothing whatsoever about her, this grid just screams “massive twit
That tan faded real quick….

• Haha
Reactions: 34
We made them close over because literally want her to stop breathing*

*we don’t
16th-century Jack goes to the local magistrate to complain about the canal of evil old women sealing her nostrils with witchcraft. She has seen Goody Marmalade Atkins with the devil and has witnessed us commune with our dog and bunny familiars

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
How much "income" will she have potentially lost from that then?
If she’s lost 100, that is somewhere between £350 if they were all on the lowest tier and £4,400 if they were all on the highest that she’s down per month.

Of course, we know it’s only £100 a month really because all her Patrons are signed up to pay her £1 a month. We know because she told us and cannot lie due to autism (confirmed).

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Well that’s very interesting, because four years ago multiple donors who were contacting her because they still hadn’t received their books (two years late) were being told this…

View attachment 1617971

Guess that’s another thing like the Patreon rewards, legal case, website fixing etc Jack ‘forgot’ to do.

Hmmmm I wonder is there’s anything else she claimed would be “donated to food banks” but then didn’t actually do it? 💴💰💴🤔💴💰💴
Certainly seems like it, for context it was posted in April 2020 so years after that whole debacle.

1664629343557.png

What self-indulgent wank.
The bookshelves have since been moved on so this just seems like a complete waste of time, unless you've got 100 hours to fill or something.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Just watched the Buddy Oliver video which was great. Simple appetising food.
Filmed on Jamie's phone I imagine.
Remember all the fuss Jack made about how she couldn't possibly film cookery segments as it was so difficult and you needed expensive equipment?
Obviously no one really needs to see her efforts - but yet again another case of missed opportunities through utter laziness. I'm sure most of her patrons would have been happy with an exclusive video every couple of weeks and accompanying newsletter. Honestly not much.

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.