Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to @Ooointitot for the thread title, nominating @ChickenPorridge ’s words. You both win one egg, to share.

Recap of last thread:

Jack has been the subject of a podcast (Blocked and Reported) and a Sunday Woman article. She is still off Twitter.

(please add to this if you wish!)

• Heart
Reactions: 87
She had a phone in appearance on radio Scotland. She, according to reports, sounded more nasally than Mr Big Nose Of Huge Honkershire.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Weird bots are spamming Twitter with variations on "Jack Monroe has left Twitter". This one is a better cook than Jack so it's not all bad.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 00.09.24.png

• Haha
Reactions: 60
That interview is a disgrace.
Asda essentials need to start selling those nasal washes.
I can’t wait for the licence fee to stop being compulsory as this is so offensive.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
There’s been a heckin big load of interest in Thumbelina Peapod from increasingly mainstream media.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I'm really surprised that Steven Jardine had her on his show. His column in The Scotsman is all about eating high welfare food, enjoying what you eat whilst considering its provence.
Snotty Monroe is the opposite of what he writes about.

Although.... The previous feature was about feet fungus so....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
At first I thought these bots were those strange news-scraping accounts that hashtag themselves into threads on major stories. They don't run any original items, they just retweet what's already out there. But since these bot tweets all seem to be pro-Jack and anti-mean people, and Jack leaving Twitter is a minor story in the bigger world, I suspect something deliberately organized is going on. Something trying to overwhelm the Jack Monroe Twitter searches with "positive" Tweets.

Can't imagine who would want to launch a campaign like that. 🤔

Incidentally, check out the Sept 29 Dilbert comic strip. Scott Adams = secret JM fan?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Hi! Been lurking and grunking for a few weeks, still trying to catch up but I have a little something for you in the meantime that I don't believe is in 'the list' so far -
Vintage_33_Drawer_Solid_Wood_Apothecary_Cabinet_Rustic_Chest_of_Drawers_for_sale_online___eBay.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 83
🚨 SANCTIMONIUS COOL GIRLS FORENSIC BUNGALOW STOCKTAKE KLAXXON 🚨
Spoilered for frau's comfort and so I don't get WARNED.
Did anyone manage to triangulate the squishy sofa she's sleeping on and the velvet sofabed she gave to a friend and all the billions of cushions?
Well this is a lovely catch-up after a really hard couple of shifts-just what the day off ordered. I’m absolutely mind-blown by the Spenny List. It’s yet more confirmation (none more needed) that she’s a liar and a grifter and an entitled, embittered Tory who feels done wrong. The brands she buys are frankly insane. They are the brands of the upper middle classes-when I was house-cleaning we would see the Emma Bridgewater and the Penhaligons and the Cotswold cabinets galore. It makes me lol how trad she is when she spends so much time and money playing kooky quirky thrift store Jack.
Are the tattoos on the list or did a travelling tattoo apprentice insist on her being their muse?
ONE HUNDRED HOUR WORK WEEK innit. Also she has a shitload of those diaries* to fill and absolutely nothing to fill them with.
I will never not absolutely love that she self-importantly does an hours-long “stocktake” like she’s a flagship city centre branch of British Home Stores (RIP). Respect to you, Jack. It’s what they would have wanted.
THE EMIN PRINT WE SAW WAS NOT IN JACK'S HOUSE, FFS.
HOW MANY MORE TIMES?!
*aneurysm*
Also, Jack might claim to have an original Emin but we have seen ZERO evidence of it.
@That Forensic Man i need to make a correction as I made a mistake with one of my costings (see how it’s done Jack)
A frau said earlier that they thought the kitchen snake baskets were Wilco so I went looking for receipts. They were identified as Wilco by @Ninch55 and are £56 total if there are seven- not £45 each as I said (in my fuge state) I’m sorry. View attachment 1612756
I will however countermand this terrible error with the expensive coffee machine she said in the book intro for Good Food for Bad Days that she bought with the advance (noted by @Veronicaaa) featured in same kitchen. Despite claiming to not drink coffee.
View attachment 1612774
Looks a lot like this one to me
View attachment 1612775
View attachment 1612776
Also this alarm clock on her bedroom shelf identified by @Marmalade Atkins back in January.
View attachment 1612779
View attachment 1612777
And this is a Tatty Devine Fishbone necklace that sold for £66
View attachment 1612789
No word on the turban monstrosity £
View attachment 1612790
I’m stopping this now as much as I think it’s useful to have all in one place, the rampant consumerism while rattling the can and being disingenuous about her finances and ‘managing on a budget expertise’ is absolutely nauseating. I actually feel sullied and grubby just from compiling this stuff.
For the List, didn’t some Frau Marple triangulate the necklace at the Arcade Fire gig? I thought it was Tiffany but can’t see it on their website.
Now I’m off to resubscribe to Barpod, excellent chroniclers of Internet bullshit 😁
View attachment 1612765
Morning, ninnies! Great news on the podcast. Anyone for toast? Two slices or four?
View attachment 1612873
Found on Google but taken from tattle
View attachment 1612874
I could be mistaken but that doesn’t look like a cheap rucksack - the logo on the shoulder could be Peak Design (major speculation on a blurry photo I know me-lud!)
🔺the shoes in the TBC
Oh, and a brand spanking new iPhone too. View attachment 1612703
These are the shoes she both claimed a stylist had left behind at her house so said she could keep, and also that she accidentally walked off a photoshoot not at her house wearing them so kept them. Identified by @Into_the_tunnel, they’re Russell and Bromley
View attachment 1612707
Her 10 Downing Street leopard monstrosities are similar but with block heels so assume similar price tag and I think she’s got at least one other pair too.
View attachment 1612713
Also Ray Ban sunglasses at over £100 a pop. I am pretty sure more than one pair but can’t find receipts for the others right now.
View attachment 1612716View attachment 1612722
A caveat that some of the things on this longlist might well have been less expensive at the time she bought them, but not by a huge amount. All these things have always been pricey. Again as others have said, NO JUDGEMENT of what anyone spends their earned money on. Don’t then whinge you can’t afford rent, to buy a house or grift money from other people while posturing as the voice of poverty and a budgeting expert though.
ETA
View attachment 1612735
These look like a combination of tall IKEA Billys to me. At current time narrow and wider white versions are £75 and £120, same in the ‘wood’ colour £112 and £148. Not to mention the cost of what’s on them. Top right shelf looks to have over £150 of Moleskines sat on it for eg.
Also, more books and bookshelves. Different ones. Rainbow book wanker.
View attachment 1612736
@That Forensic Man there’s a lot of Sophie contain portmerion crockery all over her insta. I have to go to work but I am very sure a lot has been triangulated. There was a drama when a load was delivered late (?) at one point. https://www.johnlewis.com/browse/home-garden/sophie-conran-for-portmeirion-white-tableware/_/N-lvjl
@That Forensic Man a few more additions for the Spenny List:
£300 print
View attachment 1613688
View attachment 1613689
And 400+ Christmas baubles(!) Fraus at the time triangulated a cross section as being from John Lewis, Gisela Graham and Oliver Bonas, all in the range of £5 - £7.50 each. None of the others look like Home Bargains or Wilko either, so...£1,000 at a conservative estimate?
View attachment 1613696View attachment 1613697
To be fair she listed a monthly payment of about £180 for the two grand cooker she’s owned for 4 year soView attachment 1613958
£428 fancy knobs
£250 magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
£95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
£72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+£432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
£25 wooden calculator (unused)
£100 pigskin hat
£35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
£339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
£155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price £65-245)
£1,550 2x Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
£150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
£104 rusty eBay spoons
£110 2x Oliver Bonas jumpers
£80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
£780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
£110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable ('SB's' bedroom)
£800 77 Lipsticks
£200 14 Foundations
£250 40 Eyeliners
£500 misc makeup
£320 2x Roberts Revival Mini radio
£158 orange nike trainers (asda trip)
£1,200 8x kendal dining chairs
£425 Graham and Green birdcage lampshade
£65 test tube vases
£35 boiler suit (which was dyed pink)
£10 squid game guard mask from the market
£44 per roll wallpaper used as ADHD friendly “to-do” list
£300 kitchen aid
£20 black pleather Primark boots with chain
£499 Dyson fan
£65 SimpleHuman hand soap dispenser (kitchen)
£60 squatty potty
£535 custom captain's chair
£110 Two pairs of granny curtain boiler suits
£400 Cotswold Company small sideboard (living room, blue)
£229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
£799 Cotswold Company chester dove grey writing bureau (similar)
£849 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak dining table
£399 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak storage bench
£2,396 2x Cotswold Company chester dresser
£1,529 Cotswold Company chester grand dresser
£299 Cotswold Company bookcase (porch, used for manky wooden photography boards)
£800 2x Cotswold Company small sideboards
£499 Cotswold Company chester wine console
£599 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard
£699 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard (wine rack version)
£800 2x Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak shoe storage bench
£730 Cotswold Company chester dove grey extra large dresser top
£300 suit she wore for the Diva photoshoot
£300 dyson hairdryer
£1199 water rower
£400 John Lewis hammock
£400 John Lewis egg chair
£400 20x John Lewis clear plastic storage bins
£290 Baywood 33 drawer tea chest
£30 John Lewis Perspex cube pasta storage with pink lids
£20 full set of oversized unicorns/animal mugs from Asda
£300 sentient mirror
£360 2x nike trainers (exc. orange ones)
£120 24" TV for SB's PlayStation
£2,500 Smeg fridge (double American style)
£300 2x Viv westwood dress (assume sale)
£75 Sweaty Betty leggings
£170 Lumie alarm clock
£200 R&P bras (x 2 minimum)
£199 Airpods
£249 Airpods pro
£199 Apple Watch (assume series 3)
£250 Sleeper to Edinburgh last min on a Friday
£309 3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh
£170 Last minute train home on a Monday morning
£700 Vets bills
£20 Sad Asda shop
£80 2x summit camping stove (shed)
£400 ooni pizza oven (freebie)
£60 3x “tiles” for locating lost keys/phones by internet magic
£12 2x dylon machine dye
£180 12x moleskin notebooks
~£1,000 unread books (estimate)
£100 CUDDLY TOY (Hamleys)
£640 6x DAB radios
£60 Lego flower bouquet
£60 Rock tumbler
£2,200 content
£600 Emin
£15 6x ring binders (for coroner's reports)
£1,790 Burberry classic trench coat
£5,000 Burberry brit jacket ($5-6k)
£350 Warm & wonderful diana sheep jumper
£60 Boy london snap back black/gold hat ($60)
£1,000 Unidentified Cotswold(?) cupboard/wardrobe
£10 horrendous steam punk clock leggings (worn once)
£525 35x moleskin notebooks
£119 Hatteras pigskin leather cap dark brown (wax suede stetson hat)
£56 7x Wilko snake charmer kitchen baskets
£479 Nespresso creatista plus coffee machine (doesn't drink coffee)
£199 Bodyclock luxe 700FM alarm clock
£66 Tatty Devine Fishbone necklace
£485 Tiffany 1837 Makers I.D. Tag Pendant in Sterling Silver, 24" (worn at arcade fire gig)
£249 Peak Design rucksack (asda romp)
£245 'Edinburgh book festival' Russell & Bromley chester tassel loafer (dubious provenance)
£245 'Downing Street' leopard monstrosities with block heels
£245 assumed third pair of 'spenny loafers'
£146 Ray Ban sunglasses (one pair, probably multiple)
£960 8x Ikea billy bookcase wide white
£444 3x Ikea billy bookcase wide wood effect
£336 3x Ikea billy bookcase narrow wood effect
£140 4x Ikea hejne 'cheapo shoe racks' for seasonal crockery
£72 9x Ikea knagglig wooden box
£324 2x Sophie Conran for Portmeirion Dinnerware Set, White, 12 Piece (4x Dinner Plates, 4x Salad Plates, 4x Cereal Bowls)
£92 4x Sophie Conran for Portmeirion Mugs, White, Box of 2
£19 Sophie Conran for Portmeirion Cream Jug, White
£136 8x Sophie Conran for Portmeirion Pasta Bowl, Dia.23.5cm, White
~£200 more random Sophie Conran for Portmeirion tit (see instagram)
£294 'I can't forget' screenprint navy/raspberry
~£2,000 438x baubles
£2,000 cooker
£80 Nokia 3310
£1050 3x chest freezers
£70 Retro 20L 800W Pink Digital Microwave
£28 John Lewis llama doorstop
£40 Vintage ferguson radio casette recorder
£18 H&M peacock gold candlestick
~£180 10x other gold candlesticks (estimated)
Total: £45,606 £55,307 :m
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
Botox
Fillers
Expensive haircuts
Tattoos
Artificial snow
many wigs
plastic flower headdress phase
“£5” denim cargo trousers from Primark
Multiple phones
SPITE SOFA
Le Creuset
furniture and set dressing for the shed outside that she was going to turn into a studio
lawnmower
bikes
tents
planting trough things
Ten (at least) outdoor chairs for her Mormon tabernacle Amish prayer circle fellowship things
The hen with the rubber eggs for nesting hens?
dusty plastics string of pearls plant
wallpaper backgrounds
Mary Poppins umbrella
desktop Mac type set up
laptops for 'team of staff'
squishy sofa
velvet sofabed
baskets
countertop oven
leather armchairs
calvin klein sportswear
smeg fridge (small, broken?)
more ray ban sunglasses

Instagram 🔺 zone

fancy crockery (shitloads)
food storage (shitloads, kilner jars etc.)

'limited edition' vest -

red suit foodism awards -

excessive gold candlesticks -

bedroom of lies -

dog cushions - https://www.instagram.com/p/BbCdtX5gHjR/

seasonal crockery (shitloads) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BattqwYAd4R/

ted baker pajamas - https://www.instagram.com/p/BSXM2wtgv8E/

2x 6 drawer units - https://www.instagram.com/p/BP_nDFPBj3K/

Anything spenny is fair game, but I'll add whatever fraus want.
My own benchmark is discretionary or 'non-essential' spend in the context of someone who claims to not be able to afford shower gel or 6p for butter instead of lard etc.
Jack moves things around constantly so try to avoid double counting.
Instagram is a literal and figurative gold mine (see TBC spoiler).
If I like your stocktake post it means I've seen it and will include in the next update.
Have fun.
Now duck off x

Martina Mercer - Is jack Monroe a Liar?
☝she doesn't cover everything, but it's a new article on Jack. I don't know anything about the author but she seems to come from a working class background and she's really pissed off with Jack... that tide is well and truly turning dear fraus!
Archive

Also did an archive for twitter search 'jack monroe', really highlights the astroturfing going on right now

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
Screenshot 2022-09-30 01.01.40.png

A couple of vintage bangers from Jack "10 pallets" Monroe for you, whilst it's quiet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 133
Jack leaving Twitter is like when a priest performs an exorcism. The demons don't really leave they just retreat and bide their time. They pop up again just when you think the room is light and warm and something wicked has gone forever.
I went on a ghost hunt last week. In Jackland I'm an expert. Once done that'll do

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Pallets of products normally cost about a grand each Jack.... that's from wholesale also. Lord knows what it would be if she bought them from Asda. Lmao
She didn't *actually* say that she bought 10 pallets, she just implied it!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Pallets of products normally cost about a grand each Jack.... that's from wholesale also. Lord knows what it would be if she bought them from Asda. Lmao
Frankly I'd be astonished if it was ten tins of (pre-rinsed) hoops.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.