Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at the JM Wiki page (Wikipedia, not Tattle Wiki) there is a very small section on controversies, that has been updated very recently - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Monroe

It would be great if somebody with the reputation and good knowledge of wikipedia editing could make this section of controversies much much longer with more and reference back to the AM article
I actually requested this be updated. Around 4/5 days ago! I wasn’t sure if I’d done it correctly and it’s possible others have asked this to. As previously, there was nothing about her charity scamming! Which enraged me enough to request the edit!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Then someone nicks the @BootstrapCook name and goes rogue.
I think someone already has, I looked on Twitter last night and saw a parody account with her picture and handle. That’s why I think she may have deleted her account completely, because if it still existed the parody wouldn’t be able to use the handle surely?

ETA just checked again and can’t see it now. It was definitely there last night though.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I think someone already has, I looked on Twitter last night and saw a parody account with her picture and handle. That’s why I think she may have deleted her account completely, because if it still existed the parody wouldn’t be able to use the handle surely?
It’s not using the handle. It’s got an underscore bootstrap_cook

Reactions: 31
Watching Atomic Shrimps new video and his bizarre nettle/kidney bean/spaghetti burgers are holding together better than Jack's actual recipe

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Yel

I actually requested this be updated. Around 4/5 days ago! I wasn’t sure if I’d done it correctly and it’s possible others have asked this to. As previously, there was nothing about her charity scamming! Which enraged me enough to request the edit!
Wiki editors are as militant as the worst juice plus groups in existence.

A request is met with saying it should be deleted and warned for daring to do so. Claiming it's an excuse to spout off bile. 🙄

Screenshot_20221001_114604.jpg
Screenshot_20221001_114615.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I was searching for the green bookshop place the other day and these ads popped up. Hate living in late stage capitalism

8E3A5DE0-08E6-42FC-8EA5-E44F0BFCD6D1.jpeg

I might start selling bundles of ‘smart people’ books to idiots like Jack who want photos for social media to prove they are clever. It’ll basically be a fresher’s reading list from a sociology degree. Anyone know where I can bulk buy copies of Marx? I might charge extra to pre-crack the spines so they look read.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

ETA just checked again and can’t see it now. It was definitely there last night though.
It's not her handle, the parody has an underscore. Her account won't be available until 30 days have passed since she deleted it.

Reactions: 27
And we know how well *that* worked out.
*cough* GEORGIA *cough*

NB: I’ve never had a pic until recently, so I’m delighted to see Sour Faced Eamonn in a titfer.
Inspector Burnside looks very dashing I think. I picked up my German naturalisation papers this week, and I am now a true Frau with an Oktoberfest hat. I could not be happier ninnies!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
That’s why I think she may have deleted her account completely, because if it still existed the parody wouldn’t be able to use the handle surely?
Again, you just CANNOT delete your account for good all at once on Twitter, only option is to deactivate and wait for 30 days to pass.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I have just re-read her Wiki and Jesus wept! The bit about the fire service and no gays are allowed. Who in their right mind would read that tit and not just see bile? Lee Anderson may not be someone I align my views with, nor KH, but my god they know who and what Jacks about!

Reactions: 49
Mom's now on Saturday Kitchen with her copper coloured mixer. Is this really why Jack sprayed hers?

View attachment 1617847
My trusty Kenwood is enough of a hassle to clean-I imagine the £500 shiny looks like shite after one use unless you’re willing to buff it up after. Is it a Kitchen Aid? I have used one (not sprayed) and found it inferior to the Kenny in every way. Also isn’t that just one step away from the glittery kettles in the Range really?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Regarding why her family don't say anything, I have a relative who is exactly like her in terms of grandiose claims and an inflated sense of self importance. (Claimed to work in tech, responsible for developing various hardware and stuff, top expert in certain softwares. In reality, she actually worked as a shop assistant in PC World.) In all honesty I just roll my eyes and ignore her. It isn't worth the narc rage, she'll never admit she's lying and will continue to stack lie upon lie, then you sort of start feeling guilty for saying anything because she's family. The thing is, she's never going to change. And everything is like this, exaggerated and blown out of proportion. I don't necessarily feel sorry for Jack's family as I don't know them but I understand why they just stay out of it.

Edit: omg
Screenshot_20221001_120140.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Yel

Unbelievable. So may be other requests have been made previously and been given the same treatment? Glad I don’t donate to Wiki now! 😂😂
It's ridiculous. Claims to be a source of knowledge. But valid criticism of Jack is met with shut this down, don't discuss and warm 'em because it's defamation and bile 🤦‍♀️

What's allowed to be said about people on their wikipedia.org page seems to be based on their political view. So jack is offlimits.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.