Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so sad like the idea people have to chuck a load of tit in a pan and it’ll be grey or gross but whatevs it/you don’t matter 🤷🏻‍♀️ Like people deserve better than rotten slop

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
This ridiculous. She's turning a bolognese into a goulash and then into a chill by adding spices or dark chocolate. How is that saving money?
This rang a bell, and lo and behold Allegra and a guy called Paul Merrett had a programme on the BBC thirteen years ago called 'Economy Gastronomy'. One tip of theirs, that I used for a while, was cooking up a basic batch of braised mince and then you could turn it into chilli/bolognaise/whatever with very little effort (and I'm sure the square of dark chocolate was included in their chilli recipe too). JM hasn't had an original thought in her entire bleeping life.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
God she makes me wanna heave
It's not a pregnancy test you are leaving for 5 mins

She reckons she left a pan of slop, came back and it was thick, glossy and delicious..
I’m a tiny bit grateful that she seems to have understood that “unctuous” is not a synonym of “glossy”. At last.

Small mercies.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
This woman is pointing out you can't just go into a shop and buy one portion of an ingredient which is part of what makes cooking for one hard.

Awkward...

• Haha
Reactions: 80
This rang a bell, and lo and behold Allegra and a guy called Paul Merrett had a programme on the BBC thirteen years ago called 'Economy Gastronomy'. One tip of theirs, that I used for a while, was cooking up a basic batch of braised mince and then you could turn it into chilli/bolognaise/whatever with very little effort (and I'm sure the square of dark chocolate was included in their chilli recipe too). JM hasn't had an original thought in her entire bleeping life.
That makes more sense, Jack was talking as if she's adding something new to the pan each day.

Today I'll add some birds custards and transform it into a trifle!

• Haha
Reactions: 64
It’s also in That Man’s new book, he has a section on things you can cook a mass of, freeze & then 5/6 ways you can use it differently (so chilli, tacos etc) it’s really good.

Reactions: 46
Well that was pointless. Such a maverick checking her cupboards before going to the shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She was on DANGEROUSLY close to lunch time. The radio station should realise they have a duty of care to their listeners who might be eating 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Yes, I was just listening and thought the same. Also I didn't like the piss taking about British food. I'm in a grump today so I'm sure that's just my mood talking. The Jack stuff is fascinating to hear out loud though. It's like she's been hiding in plain sight.
While I am of the opinion that the Umericans are the last people to be laying into British food, I see the point - if JM is being called a bad cook by a nation with a reputation for crap cuisine, that about as low as you can get.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It is a good concept to use the day before leftovers add something and make a new albeit similar dish.

However even Paul Daniels couldn't make a goulash turn into a bloody chilli using just chocolate.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Is it me or does she pronounce some of her vowels in a rather posh manner. The drawl comes through every now and again.

Reactions: 29
Janet's just said that you can't go into the baker's and buy just one roll, 'they'd look at you like you were mad'.

Um, no they wouldn't, Janet, they'd pop one in a paper bag for you and charge you 20p or whatever, that's literally how bakers work.

• Haha
Reactions: 102
What gets me is, when is the last time JM actually came up with anything like a new idea? This is the same stuff she’s been going on about for years, and it’s literally basic common sense to anyone with half a brain! She adds nothing at all.

Also I was BUSY AND EXHAUSTED yesterday so missed the last thread, but can I just say that ‘Foodbank Anna Delvey’ is my fave thread title ever❤

Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.